Cure Aging and Cure Baldness?

bornthisway

Established Member
Reaction score
abcdefg said:
I wish I could have the time I spent reading that back. He didnt say 1 single specific thing that helps. What on earth is he talking about? He isnt even a molecular biologist, doctor, or anyone that would be believable. Science cant cure almost any disease and he thinks hes going to reverse one of the most complicated diseases ever known that has existed throughout all of time? OK guy.

Aubrey de Grey Ph.D. is a biogerontologist at the University of Cambridge, UK. He designs interventions to reverse the cellular and molecular changes that accumulate with age and reduce remaining life expectancy. He has coined the term “strategies for engineered negligible senescenceâ€￾ (SENS) to describe these interventions, which he argues are the only feasible way to extend human lifespan by more than a decade. He has published widely on such technology. He is also the co-founder and chief scientist of the Methuselah Mouse Prize, a contest designed to accelerate research into effective life extension interventions by awarding prizes to researchers who extend the lifespan of mice to unprecedented lengths.

seancashmere

Reaction score
Hmmmm, I'm sure if we were made to live for decades longer, it wouldn't be long before we were sterile. I can guarantee you the world wouldn't be overpopulated. It would be increasingly easier for us to war as we'd be increasingly grumpy. Fatal gun shot wounds would increase commensurate with aging folks' tensions. It's crude reality. And besides, we don't want long lives, we want long hairs.

Boru

Established Member
Reaction score
Regular gene therapy is only for the rich. Imagine demanding this on the NHS; a teenage looking Conservative prime-minister surrounded by twenty somethings on his benches, and Her Majesty's Opposition on the other side, a mixture of both, denying youth therapy to the general population, on grounds of cost and morality. Prince Charles, at Buckingham Palace, having recently reverted to 30 years old, has just succeeded to the Throne (his mum retired at the age of 105 to concentrate on olympic skiing). The increasingly geriatric looking 40-70 year old general population is begining to revolt at the sight of all these age reversionists acting like they can live forever. Abruptly, it ends, when wise aliens arrive and decide that only dolphins are fit to rule the earth.

powersam

Reaction score
not till they learn how to open a can of tuna they wont.

sammy

Reaction score
thought with age people would be smarter with less war and crime, the older i get the easer going i get...

but sh*ts its a scary thought but may be we might see it happen one day,,, but diseases is the killer over 1000 years sh*t you would of caught something....

Jojje

Experienced Member
Reaction score
if i can be 20 for a 1000 years... yes plz... as long as i wouldnt loose my girl then.
Think if you lost youre tru 1. and had to live a 1000 years without hur.
that would be a B....
Chanses are the chinesa and japanese would rule the world with their population lol they are already half the world so.. think if they never died of old age it would be a disaster.
doubling their population every 40 years...
well just a thought.
Gues we will have to save up for some cash in 25 years.. its probably going to be expensive :lol:

flimflam

Experienced Member
Reaction score
somehow I don't think this will actually be possible in our lifetime, but I can dream.

I'd take 80 of years of being 20 over 80 years of aging ANY DAY.

abcdefg

Reaction score
This guy is just another dumb optimist. Cancer would lick you way before you ever made a 1000. Then the rest of that is junk. Give me a break it snows 2 feet and I have to go outside and shovel my driveway theres no dam robots to do it for me or flying cars. Come on man these changes hes shooting his mouth off about happening in our life times are gonna take many hundreds of years, and most likely are not possible.

abcdefg

Reaction score
Look if this guy were making a new car something that goes faster then cars today Id say yeah maybe it could happen. Lets be real though those are nice credentials and look cute hanging on the wall or on a resume, but this is mother nature we talk about. Mother nature makes the rules not us. You can lengthen rats lives as long as you want. Mother nature doesn't give a rats *** about that. When I see a guy live to 500 years old Ill shutup, but talk like this is just preaching. 10 years from now we will all forget this and it will silently disappear.

roki

Experienced Member
Reaction score
count me in