Crushing Propecia, Dr Lee and a hairline question...

Freestyle

Established Member
Reaction score
Hey, look at me! Posting one topic with several different questions in it!

About 4 weeks ago, I began crushing my propecia on a spoon before taking it. I just take a mouthful of water, put the spoon in and swallow it all. I believe Bryan even said he had concerns over Propecia's coating slowing down/maybe even negating the absorption in some cases...?

Anyway, and it could just be coincidence, but this week I've seen a bit of a spurt in further regrowth. A noticeable one. Like, not just finding a few new hairs under a magnifying glass when I scrutinize in front of the mirror. This is regrowth that people I haven't seen in a few weeks have commented on.

Anyway, take that as you will. Most likely coincidence, but that's the only thing I can think of that I've done differently recently.

Next...

I got on a whole bunch of different topicals (as you can see in my regimen) out of panic very early on. And while I have had really great regrowth, I was now starting to get concerned about long-term costs. So I emailed D Lee with a question that a lot of other people have asked...

I asked him about using Xandrox15 to regrow a hairline, then using just a 5% minoxidil to maintain it.

His response:

You have asked some good questions. After one to three years of treatment, the average patient will recruit all the follicles he is going to recruit. If he discontinues all treatment, he will of course lose all the gains he has made. On the other hand, since he has recruited all the follicles he is going to with the program he has been on, he should be able to maintain his present growth with a single 1 mL dose of 5% Xandrox daily. That is what I do to maintain my growth. However, using a high concentration topical Xandrox15 ensures the best results.

He also said that, after a year or two of daily treatment, it was also safe to drop to twice weekly (every fourth day or so) applications of spironolactone in order to maintain regrowth from that product.

The general consensus I got from his emails is that, after 1-2 years of religiously applied treatment, your hair will pretty much be the best it will be on treatment -- and that maintenance can be achieved by far fewer applications.

So, in theory, I should be able to cut down to just finasteride daily, one dose of Xandrox daily, and spironolactone twice a week. I've already cut my Copper Peptide use down to 'every few days'.

Next...

This will sound odd, but during this latest spurt of regrowth, I've actually noticed something quite strange:

I'm starting to sprout pigmented hairs lower than where my hairline originally was before male pattern baldness.

I never had a straight cut hairline, but there are fine, pigmented hairs starting to grow in a straight cut across my hairline. If it were one or two, I'd chalk it up to Minoxidil strays. But when I look right up close, I can definitely see dozens of them forming the line.

Now, my receded areas are still growing back, and are currently still diffuse. I was a NW3 before treatment, but my hair is now about NW2 with diffuse thinning in the regrown recession areas. But if this new section of fine hairs were to grow, It would take a NW1/NW0 pattern.

Has anyone heard of this?!

I'm not getting my hopes up, but doesn't it seem strange that treatments would not only regrow lost hair, but actually grow hair you never had to begin with...?

Anyway, I'm going to monitor it and see what happens.

Lessofarockstar

Established Member
Reaction score
I can't really help you with your question. But man it sounds like your regimen is working for you. Let us know how it turns out.
NW3 --> NW0/1 is insane.

techprof

Experienced Member
Reaction score
thanks.
please post pictures showing your regrowth and success.