Crushed Birth Control Pills In A Topical

Medina

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
In a shampoo it wouldn't do anything.

It helps them in shampoo. But in a vehicle for us? Could do more.

I was looking at progestins and estrogen, and birth control pills contain both

Medina

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
It is not a new thing, it was first tried on a turkish forum if I am not mistaken. It was called the miracle lotion around hereI. But then we did not heard about it anymore. A guy here claims he had results with Androcur + Diane 35 (crushed in alcohol)

f*** sake everything I work out scientifically someone comes along and says "yeah this has been thought of before"

I bet no one actually tries it properly and it just disappears into nothing.

Can you remember the name of the forum?

Medina

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Lol
Welcome to HairLossTalk.com. I bet some people think they discovered something when they first heard of minoxidil!
There is a thread somewhere here. The guy is supposed to pm me his recipe, I ll come back to you once I does. His name is Cesarcielo

Thank you

Medina

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
This has been claimed back and forth but we need evidence.

I posted a thread about this before:

https://www.hairlosstalk.com/interact/threads/birth-control-pills-mixed-into-shampoo-trial.105733/

One of the guys puts the pills in the Mexican version of Nizoral. I would love to try this, there are just two problems.

1) I don't think I can get birth controls as a male in my country
2) I would be sh*t scared

Note: Some birth control pills contain progestin, which can be an anti-androgen. So surely a pill that contains progestin AND estrogen would be everything you would need? I don't know much about progesterone, I've heard people talk about it before, but to me it seems too risky and even maybe unnecessary. But maybe you know something I don't?

Medina

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Man, Cyproterone Acetate is the perfect cure.

Strong AR antagonist, weak androgen synthesis inhibitor, antigonadotropin, potent progestogen and a half life of 40 hours.

On paper it seems like the garden of f*****g Eden for hairloss. Shame it would be like cutting your nuts off.

SpaceInvader

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
One of the guys puts the pills in the Mexican version of Nizoral. I would love to try this, there are just two problems.

1) I don't think I can get birth controls as a male in my country
2) I would be sh*t scared

Note: Some birth control pills contain progestin, which can be an anti-androgen. So surely a pill that contains progestin AND estrogen would be everything you would need? I don't know much about progesterone, I've heard people talk about it before, but to me it seems too risky and even maybe unnecessary. But maybe you know something I don't?

Birth control contain Progestins, which are synthetic Progestogens, which have similar effects to Progesterone. They're used for various purposes depending on the type of progestin. Some are used to counter the effects of pure Estrogen (Levonorgestrel), and others as an Antiandrogen (Drospirenone).

We just don't have anyone actually trying this and posting results to confirm it.

Everyone varies in hormonal ratio, and Birth Control varies in hormonal ratio. So you gotta play around with it, and keep it consistent and see what works.

SpaceInvader

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
If your regimen stops working, instead of dropping it, add another treatment to make it synergistic and increase the potency.

It could be that your sensitivity increased and you may need a boost.

Medina

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
If your regimen stops working, instead of dropping it, add another treatment to make it synergistic and increase the potency.

It could be that your sensitivity increased and you may need a boost.

Yes I've thought about this, I've often wondered if treatment would be better done in cycles, perhaps even correlated to the hair cycle itself and seasonal shed etc. It seems that people do great on sh*t for ages and then it goes downhill, the like the body has adapted to the treatment or has maybe upregulated hormones.

I dunno.

Jk1

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Topical treatment
A placebo-controlled study examined the effect of a topically applied conjugated estrogen skin care cream (Premarin® 0.625 mg/g ointment) in 54 women (Creidi et al 1994). Evaluation criteria were profilometry and measurements of skin thickness by ultrasound. After a 24-week treatment period there was a significant increase in skin thickness in the Premarin® group as compared to the placebo group. Even in regard to small wrinkles, a significant reduction was observed in comparison to the placebo group after 12 and 24 weeks. No side effects were found.

A study was published on the action of topical 0.3% estriol and 0.01% 17β-estradiol in 59 patients (Schmidt et al 1996). The criteria evaluated by the authors were profilometry, corneometry, and clinical signs. Wrinkle depth was significantly reduced and skin hydration was improved. Apart from a rise in prolactin, no other systemic hormonal effects were detected. Histological tests of collagen parameters in 10 patients showed a significant increase in the collagen III fraction at the end of therapy after 24 weeks.

In a recent study, the effects of a 0.01% 17β-estradiol cream were compared with those of a 15% glycolic acid cream and a combination of both (Fuchs et al 2003). The effects examined in 65 patients after 6 months indicated an increase in epidermal thickness and were most marked in the combination group (38%), followed by the glycolic acid group (27%), and the 17β-estradiol group (23%).

Scalp skin is known to thin in male pattern baldness. Topical estrogen reverses this possibly via vdr receptor activation. What about useing plant based phytoestrigen topical or glycolic acids for less side effects ?