Crown pic for all the naysayers

lucy923

Established Member
Reaction score
right on brother, I'll keep a close eye on it and hopefully I can at least maintain what I have for a long time

lucy923

Established Member
Reaction score
Well guys the way I look at it is thinning or not we are all sitting pretty good at least better than the previous generation as we are right on the front of having a cure and I think the longest we will have to wait is 10 years for HM. So basically, if we can at least maintain and possibly get some regrowth for that time frame we will be good to go.

grimes

Reaction score
i think i have something similar going on. short hair, swirl hairs are standing more upright and more scalp shows certain places. don't know if it's beginning to thin out or if it's always been like that.

test1gx0.jpg

TonyTheTiger

Established Member
Reaction score
grimes said:
i think i have something similar going on. short hair, swirl hairs are standing more upright and more scalp shows certain places. don't know if it's beginning to thin out or if it's always been like that.

test1gx0.jpg

how old are you? I have the same thing now and I am 26

I remember losing hair when I was 17 like 30 hairs a day, but I never looked bald, the first thing to go was my hairline it started reciding then the hairs stopped falling out on my hairline for some reason, and then my crown started at first I didnt care cause It looked like I had a ton of hair and I heard we lose 50 hairs a day normally then 4 months ago I buzzed my hair to 1 inch and I looked in the mirror and saw my scalp on those swirly things! my mom said my hair was short thats why it shows, so I let it grow 4 inches and it still showed.

I suggest you guys start using the mild approach like nano shampoo and nizoral shampoo so you can maintain depending on your aggression if you are balding like 40 plus hairs a day then the Propecia.proscar would be a good idea already before its too late.

grimes

Reaction score
i'm 29. after looking some more, i don't think it is thinning. i took some pictures to compare, and when i pressed down the hair in and around the swirl area, it looked similar to the rest of my hair.

as for number of hairs lost a day, it doesn't really matter. it's not how many you lose each day, but if the lost ones are replaced with new equally thick hairs or if the hairs are getting thinner and less pigmented.