Crown Partial Hair System, Would That Work?

Felipe302

Established Member
Reaction score
Hey guys, do any of the wearers or former wearers think that a partial crown piece would be a good idea?

I'm considering it because I'm a Norwood 3V, and although I'm going the hair transplant route, the surgeon said I need 1500 grafts for my crown plus 2000 grafts front.

I fear that this amount of grafts will compromise a future transplant on my hairline and mid scalp due to donor depletion.

Since I cannot take finasteride, and will need another transplant down the road, i thought about focusing my transplants on the front and wear a partial piece on my crown.

I would do that at least until something like replicel comes out and I can stabilize my loss permanently, allowing me to do the crown transplant.

Anyone have seen that done? Do hair system wearers think this could work?

grincher

Experienced Member
Reaction score
I think its the easiest one to pull off successfully.

I have seen it done to someone who had a hair transplant at the front.

I have also spoke to someone on here who got it for his alopecia.

Noah

Reaction score
Yeah, totally agree. I can't understand why anyone would have a bald spot at the crown when crown toppers are so trouble-free and undetectable.

Fanjeera

Reaction score
Wouldn't even a NW6 be made into NW1 with hair transplant just at the front and system on the crown? Perhaps even I should consider this, but I'm going to be a NW6 for sure.