Crown Looks Dramatically Different Under Different Lighting.

Notorious

My Regimen
Reaction score
Is my crown thinning or is my hair naturally thin and the contrast between black hair and the scalp is making it look terrible? Thanks for taking a look, please let me know what you guys think, I'm extremely worried.

Goes from dry, normal lighting - wet, normal - dry, bright lighting and wet with bright lighting.

Dry - Normal Light.jpg Wet - Normal Light.jpg Dry - Bright.jpg Wet Bright.jpg

Hairicane

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
You're fine, no hair loss at all. It's the part, and the contrast between skin and hair, making it look as if there might be some loss, but you are 100% ok.

Now beware, there will be some guys respond and they're going to tell you that you're balding. Pay them no mind, they tell everyone that.

Notorious

My Regimen
Reaction score
You're fine, no hair loss at all. It's the part, and the contrast between skin and hair, making it look as if there might be some loss, but you are 100% ok.

Now beware, there will be some guys respond and they're going to tell you that you're balding. Pay them no mind, they tell everyone that.
Thanks a lot brother. I appreciate you taking the time to reply. Ahh, maybe I should go dye my hair blonde so the contrast won’t be so dramatic.

Notorious

My Regimen
Reaction score
Seems ok but post some photos from the front
You mean my hairline? Yeah, I’m sure my temples are going slowly, I’ve been on a whole cocktail of medications for 5 years for it. Was just hoping my crown wasn’t going too. I’m about a NW2 right now

Attachments

• 1D657A3B-A27C-4B4D-BE65-174EA71A542E.jpeg
    1D657A3B-A27C-4B4D-BE65-174EA71A542E.jpeg
    104.9 KB · Views: 284
  • 199D0940-3C8D-4794-86FD-F4E2714A2D7B.jpeg
    199D0940-3C8D-4794-86FD-F4E2714A2D7B.jpeg
    93 KB · Views: 263
  • 0E7A9925-6141-4A39-8D28-83ADD9BD57CE.jpeg
    0E7A9925-6141-4A39-8D28-83ADD9BD57CE.jpeg
    106.6 KB · Views: 271

Hairicane

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Thanks a lot brother. I appreciate you taking the time to reply. Ahh, maybe I should go dye my hair blonde so the contrast won’t be so dramatic.

I don't think you need to do that, unless you wanted to otherwise, but no need to just to hide the part, it really doesn't look bad at all.

I've got the same problem, dark black hair and light skin, but I've got a thin spot the size of a baseball on my crown.

Here For the Lulz

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Um that’s what light does to everything. Different intensity, different look. My pubes look like an unruly forest dimly lit, a briar patch in full light.

By the way, I highly recommend you douse your balls in minoxidil and topical finasteride. b****s love the balls, they love them even more when they’re covered in a thick mane.

As a bonus, the mane lets you permanently keep that sweaty balls smell. If you grip them near top of the sack and wave it around a room you’ll get that indicating smell for hours.

Notorious

My Regimen
Reaction score
I don't think you need to do that, unless you wanted to otherwise, but no need to just to hide the part, it really doesn't look bad at all.

I've got the same problem, dark black hair and light skin, but I've got a thin spot the size of a baseball on my crown.

You being so sure gives me a bit of reassurance, but I don't know how you can say for certain either way. The area above the part looks so thin to me, anyway guess I'll find out for sure when I see a dermatologist. Thanks again man.

Unacknowledged

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Is my crown thinning or is my hair naturally thin and the contrast between black hair and the scalp is making it look terrible? Thanks for taking a look, please let me know what you guys think, I'm extremely worried.

Goes from dry, normal lighting - wet, normal - dry, bright lighting and wet with bright lighting.

View attachment 135935 View attachment 135936 View attachment 135937 View attachment 135938

I see no issues. Just parting the hair. Even ten year old kids have that when they part their hair.

fenom

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Your hair seems thick and crown looking normally. Mature hairline in front. If there is no balding from your mom's side, you could be lucky :)