-G-

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score

nameless2

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
It looks to me like the CRISPR method to treat hair loss is based on DHT rather than all Androgens. Since anti-androgens work better against hair loss that means that all angrogens, such as Testosterone, are responsible for hair loss. They need to use CRISPR to negate all androgen damage in the skin of the scalp, rather than just negating DHT in the skin of the scalp.

-G-

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
It looks to me like the CRISPR method to treat hair loss is based on DHT rather than all Androgens. Since anti-androgens work better against hair loss that means that all angrogens, such as Testosterone, are responsible for hair loss. They need to use CRISPR to negate all androgen damage in the skin of the scalp, rather than just negating DHT in the skin of the scalp.

Interesting, I did glance it over and the study said it currently had a 74 percent success rate (in mice of course). But I still think this is positive news and a direction we want research and therapy to go into.

Shush

My Regimen
Reaction score
Funny how the science around stem cells and hair cloning failed so hard to delovir any result, we are already moving into gene therapy which will be the next generation regarding any medical treatments, not just hair loss related ones

Fgsfds

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
So they do nothing about the androgen receptors in the follicles, and your hair will still get killed by DHT created elsewhere in the body and transported through the blood. How embarrassing.

Last edited:

Selb

My Regimen
Reaction score
So they do nothing about the androgen receptors in the follicles, and your hair will still get killed by DHT created elsewhere in the body and transported through the blood. How embarrassing.
It affects the 5a in the skin of the follicle, so it would make it dht resistant regardless of where the dht came from. The problem of course is all androgens, but this would essentially be a topical, side effect free version of a super dutasteride. More potential regrowth too

Fgsfds

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
It affects the 5a in the skin of the follicle, so it would make it dht resistant regardless of where the dht came from. The problem of course is all androgens, but this would essentially be a topical, side effect free version of a super dutasteride. More potential regrowth too
Okay... so no more T => DHT occurring in the follicle. Too bad the follicle still has androgen receptors and will therefore be raped by DHT created elsewhere in the body. This is exactly why topical finasteride/dutasteride is a joke (unless it goes systemetic, in which case you might as well take oral)

No side effects, more regrowth, and probably only needs to be done once a year. T by itself won't harm your hair at physiological levels. I would go to Korea for this.
I think that's debatable. I know a lot of people on turbo doses of dutasteride, who've tested their rock-bottom DHT levels, and were still slowly losing. I was losing very fast on dutasteride before adding in RU and CB. T binds to the same AR receptors at DHT just with a lower binding affinity, so it's still theoretically possible to keep losing. For normies your statement is probably true, but not for turbo baldies like this forum's inhabitants.

MeDK

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Crispr isn't so safe/precise, there is a more safe/precise methods out there than crispr.

if i remember, cripr also have a very hard time with being industrialized/up scaled which other methods can.

So Crispr wouldn't be that much relevant, it isn't "lastest and greatest" and have some serious downside if you want to commercialize a treatment.

FilthyFrancis

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Funny how the science around stem cells and hair cloning failed so hard to delovir any result, we are already moving into gene therapy which will be the next generation regarding any medical treatments, not just hair loss related ones

Next generation of failure, you mean? ;)

Shush

My Regimen
Reaction score
Next generation of failure, you mean? ;)
Well I want to hope that eventually we are gonna make a real scientific leap that will bring us a cure. Don't forget that the next generation of quantistic computing is strictly connected to these future treatments, it's a whole package that is moving forward

MeDK

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Well I want to hope that eventually we are gonna make a real scientific leap that will bring us a cure. Don't forget that the next generation of quantistic computing is strictly connected to these future treatments, it's a whole package that is moving forward
what should quantum computing change if there are no models you can use for it?

Moosey

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
next gen gene editing hairloss treatment and the first thing they do is try to deactivate the production of 5ar-enzymes on your scalp....
Hairloss treatmens are just a big running gag by now

KNemo

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
next gen gene editing hairloss treatment and the first thing they do is try to deactivate the production of 5ar-enzymes on your scalp....
So what exactly do you want them to do?

Moosey

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
So what exactly do you want them to do?
Something that isnt 1/10 as effective as finasteride, a drug that exists for decades by now.
There are genes that make your hair suspectible to androgen damage. Look at bodybuilders who take massive amounts of steroids for years and have a full head of hair. Their hair is is basically immun to androgens. The cells dont have a genetic response to androgens attaching to androgen receptors. Perhaps deactivate these genes or whatever, i dont know. But whats the point of doing CRISPR and literally have it be less effective than hairloss shampoos

Jakejr

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Interesting topical. Rub topical on scalp. Ultrasound scalp to burst liposones with product into follicle. Some beauty products have same general principle for delivery. However the product itself is being tested which may take years. Guess next question is what is this proprietary formula & can we get our hands on it or just have to wait & wait?

nameless2

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Interesting, I did glance it over and the study said it currently had a 74 percent success rate (in mice of course). But I still think this is positive news and a direction we want research and therapy to go into.
The thing is that it's already understood that DHT is not the only androgen that promotes hair loss. That's why androgen receptor blockers are more effective against hair loss than 5 AR blockers such as finasteride and dutasteride. Androgen receptor blockers work against all androgens whereas 5 AR inhibitors work only against the one androgen called DHT.

Last edited:

nameless2

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
I agree 100%. They're fools for using gene editing on 5AR when we've already had 5AR inhibitors in the marketplace for years. They should be using gene editing on the androgen receptor. What a bunch of asses.

Last edited: