Creatine and Hairloss

aussie_dude

Reaction score
ice baths are good for quick recovery. It removes all lactic acid from muscles and invigorates muscles with oxygen to help the cells function better.

where as creatine increases maximum power output. also plays an important role in the nervous system, where it provides the energy that keeps us thinking as well as to overcome brain damage because of trauma or disease.

Creatine serves as a high-energy phosphate buffer with the ultimate taks of rapidly regenerating ATP. Within the muscle cell, creatine is functionalized with the addition of a phosphate group to form phospho-creatine (PCr). PCr, in turn, supplies ADP with a replacement phosphate to rapidly recreate ATP during high-intensity exercise

Creatine does have side effects a significant increase in muscle swelling due to the storage of more water around the muscles - this has the potential to increase the chances of injury, especially between muscle and tendon connections.

It does not just "store" around the muscle that sounds so stupid. Creatine has the property that it causes cells to inflate with water, effectively increasing their volume. Similar cases of cell volumizing in different cell types and in response to distinct agents has been shown to be a potent stimulus for protein synthesis. That is, increasing the volume of the cell because of increased water retention signals to the cell that it has grown. The cell then responds by increasing its production of structural and key enzymatic proteins.

Finally, creatine also appears to behave as an antioxidant as well as permits the coordinated and efficient production of force by muscle, facts that just recently came to light. These aspects of creatine supplementation will clearly enhance an athlete’s ability to recover from strenuous exercise as well as to build long-lasting muscle tissue.

I don't think that is a good one for people that play football do you?

i think its perfect

s.a.f

Reaction score
oni said:
Nearly all professional athletes take it.

Do you have some sort of scientific paper on this s.a.f? :uglylol:

Companies like Maximuscle supply free supplements to many professional sports teams, Rugby, weightlifting, martial arts, swimmers etc. Read any sports interview where an athlete is discussing their diet and training. Many premiership footballers freely admit to taking it so do most proffesional boxers and althletes.
Its not a banned substance nor is it anything new Steve Ovett was using it in the 1980 olmpics!
This is the 21st century :roll: food supplements are just another part of athletes preparation/lifestyle anything that is benificial to improving recovery or increasing performance is obviously going to be used.

s.a.f

Reaction score
No.

aussie_dude

Reaction score
because its a natural substance in your body. Its possible to have high creatine levels without being on creatine

oni

Reaction score
gingo!!!! aussie_dude. :lol:

Its possible to have high creatine levels without being on creatine

:lol: :lol: :lol: So now why do you take creatine when your body can make it from protein and amino acids like I already said in a post before!

Sort your diet out before you start taking things like creatine. This way you may not need it or a "lot" less!

s.a.f

Reaction score
We all produce testosterone as well but plenty of people still take steroids. :roll:

I_Hate_DHT

Established Member
Reaction score
Neither creatine nor protein causes hairloss. PERIOD..

Any dumbass saying different is totally clueless about it.

What causes your hairloss is working out, not taking supplements. Working out, lifting weights increase your stress in the body and also increase your testosterone levels. That is what increase hairloss. Of course that I preffer to have a hot ripped and muscled body and less hair, than have a f*****g full head of hair and be a skini bastard. Girls preffer hot bodies instead of full heads of f*****g hair. I'm glad I started working out and i look like a ripped muscled model right now ;) Just 4 months of working out. Of course my hair looks like sh*t right now. Lost a lot due of this, but I'm getting HOT girls for the first time in my life. So, I can confirm, girls dig hairloss, if you have a hot body. :)

G

girls never "Dig" hair loss, period. but having a hot body helps balance out your negatives.

and working out doesn't make you lose hair.

I_Hate_DHT

Established Member
Reaction score
Working out increases Testosterone levels. There are studies about it.

So, yes, working out increases your hairloss. Or do you have a study that confirms what you say???

"Research has shown that in males, endurance training (running) actually depresses testosterone levels. However, in elite male athletes, who have been involved in resistance training (weight lifting) for over two years, researchers found an increase in serum testosterone. It is speculated that this increase is related to the creation of more optimal conditions for facilitating muscular adaptations in response to overload."

aussie_dude

Reaction score
if thats true, it could of been the increase in weight training instead of the creatine taking. I started doing weights 4 times a week since december 2005 and in that time my hair loss has worsened quite a bit. Plus mate you dont get a ripped body in 4months. It takes a minimum of 3 months to see any sort of results in weight training. Not sure how you did that :shock:

CCS

Reaction score
What is a noticeable amount? 5 pounds of muslce?

I_Hate_DHT

Established Member
Reaction score
aussie_dude said:
if thats true, it could of been the increase in weight training instead of the creatine taking. I started doing weights 4 times a week since december 2005 and in that time my hair loss has worsened quite a bit. Plus mate you dont get a ripped body in 4months. It takes a minimum of 3 months to see any sort of results in weight training. Not sure how you did that :shock:

I got results in 2 months.. And just reached my 4th month, and I have a hard ripped body now. When I started I was skiny and my muscles were not noticeable at all. Now I got a 6 pack, hard 15" biceps, going for 16" now and bigger back. I'm happy.

If it's possible? Of course. I f you eat well, train hard (not like a coward girl, and most guys train this way) and rest well, you can get very good results in less than 4 months. I just go 2 or 3 times a week to the gym. Going more than 3 times is useless and will only shrink your muscles, since you will become overtrained.

It depends of your genetics too, and if you are genetically predisposed to accumulate fat or to develop muscles.

When I posted my beforeand after pics in a fitness forum, they said "congrats you have very good genetics"..

So, I guess God gave me the hairloss gen, but also the muscle gen.

Greetings.

aussie_dude

Reaction score
Going more than 3 times is useless and will only shrink your muscles, since you will become overtrained.

thats where creatine and protein supplements come into it.. i sometimes go 5times a week just work different body parts
monday= shoulder,chest, tri's
tuesday= legs,back,bi's
wednesday= core stability
thursday= shoulder chest tri's
friday= legs back bi's

this gives each body part at least 48hours rest... with the right technique and excercise i promise this will benefit you the most