COW MILK and DHT

Reaction score
I suppose this has already been brought on the table many times, I have been reading everywhere that milk and dairies may have a negative effect on hairloss because of the DHT that could result.

is there any other solid study other than the links that are joined below ?

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2715202/

http://www.hairloss-research.org/blog/?p=65

http://baldingblog.com/2008/06/11/dht-and-milk/ (not a study , just a dermatologist's advice)

I don't know if the guys that have carried out these studies are phonies that had their licence found in some cereal box.

but what if it was true , would they muzzle such studies ? it's not like grown-up people live of milk , but they do eat cheese and other dairies (like on pizzas).

why muzzle them ? because guys from the diary making companies could end up as bums as a result of consumption decrease.

any other studies that you could share on this thread?

thank you

Python

Established Member
Reaction score
As far as I have been able to research on dairy, I would say all dairy is bad, including milk. We humans only need calcium and can get it elsewhere, but the dairy industry has a lot of influence on the media. That being said, I don't think milk does much but may contribute a bit.

Notcoolanymore

Reaction score
Stop the BS and get on real treatments. Excuse me while I head on back to the NOFAP threads.

- - - Updated - - -

I'll cut you some slack on your rep...this time.

Reaction score
thank you for all your inputs guys , this was a simple question.

I don't have any arguments about it so I am not going to discuss it any further

I don't thank you for the red given fred

drgs

Banned
Reaction score
Please not this again. I started reading about this "milk is evil" nonsense back in 2009.

I actually cut out dairy products from my diet for several years.

Hasn't helped me to keep my hair, hasn't helped anyone.

That's because you're a dumb *** who cannot handle more than one concept at once

Stop looking for one-word-explanations to hair loss
Of course its not milk. If the linked study is hard to grasp, use your fingers -- like with counting

- - - Updated - - -

http://www.hairlosstalk.com/interact/profile.php?do=addlist&userlist=ignore&u=16776

randolf_faust

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
but isnt weird that hairloss is not so common in region where people barely consume milk?

like south east asia or certain parts of africa?

BalderBaldyBald

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Milk_in_a_Japanese_supermarket.jpg

McBald

My Regimen
Reaction score
My father hasn't drunk milk since he was 16 and he is nw7. He also stopped smoking in his early 30s . His brother was drinking 2 liters of milk everyday, smoking until his 50s and still has his hair. If you are to lose your hair you will lose it no matter what you eat and drink. It may just accelerate the process.

randolf_faust

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
l_1491_367cf46a4071cb556c3d59c6d96f7d9c.png

Baldness-mapped-813387.jpg

Ladies, if you can’t stand the thought of running your hands over your partner’s balding head then you should consider moving to China, where the least number of men go bald.

Japan, Hong Kong, Malaysia, Thailand, Taiwan, and South Korea also have low levels of male pattern baldness.

randolf_faust

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
My father hasn't drunk milk since he was 16 and he is nw7. He also stopped smoking in his early 30s . His brother was drinking 2 liters of milk everyday, smoking until his 50s and still has his hair. If you are to lose your hair you will lose it no matter what you eat and drink. It may just accelerate the process.

yeah its about dht resistance

think about the bodybuilders who abuse testosterone but still have a decent hairline for their age

220px-Jay_Cutler_bodybuilder_2008-crop.jpg

Ikarus

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Yes, but not like the way the western diet consumes vast quantities of it in tea, breakfast cereal, a full glass of milk with dinner.. you know a certain amount of cows blood and pus is allowed in milk.

Cow pus...

MaestroTR

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
It's not about people who don't have baldness genes and drink milk, indeed they won't have any hair loss.

The question is if you have male pattern baldness, prone the hairloss and drink milk or eat cheese, would they accelerate the MBP you have, or not?

NotInmywatch

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
It's not about people who don't have baldness genes and drink milk, indeed they won't have any hair loss.

The question is if you have male pattern baldness, prone the hairloss and drink milk or eat cheese, would they accelerate the MBP you have, or not?
There is a study of twins where they try to find accelerating ambiental balding factors being smoking the most obvious one

Murkey Thumb

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I think this does make some sense especially if you have an un-diagnosed lactose intolerance. Its more common than people may think and often hereditary like male pattern baldness.