covering frontal thinnig

G

hi everyone, i have diffuse thinning on the top of my head. tried the btweez (sp) it did not fit in, i have very straight hair, i tease the front and lightly brush to the side. my loss is getting worse. oh, i also dyed my hair blonde, it doesn't show the scalp/hair difference.
is there any other clip on type of frontal hair piece out there without having to have one made? don't have the $$ for anything high maintenance
thanks!

CCS

Reaction score
You can buy a front partial (less than 20 square inches) from coolpiece.com. Just put scotch tape on your forehead, criss cross for three layers, peal off, tape the insides so it is not sticky, and cut it to the hairline shape you want. Visit their website to pic a density that matches the rest of your hair. Send them the template and a 1 inch hair sample so they can match your color exactly. It is $100 plus $3 shipping, and will take 3-6 weeks to arrive.

Get swiss lace, basebond, and also have ST30 tape on hand for swimming. You have to stretch the ST30 tape before use to get ride of the shine, and cut in fourths to get your money's worth. Also you need a hard water filter, and shampoo for color treated hair.

It will probably last 3 months, but have a second one on hand just in case.

reverie

Reaction score
I bought a fringe flair piece online for around $70 (google it). It works for frontal thinning (I'm thinning everywhere but the front's what you see first). I must warn you that since it's a synthetic piece the hair is EXTREMELY hard (visibly, and in texture), and dull (no sheen). I also couldn't get the right hair color match, and you can't dye synthetic pieces. I liked the shape and cut of it though, so I just sent mine to Tonkin's Wigs (google) to have a duplicate custom made in human hair.

Anita1978

Reaction score
hi bijous

do you have thinning on the crown (i.e. about an inch from you hairline extending back about 4-6 inches) or is your actual hairline receding? Or both?

xx

Reaction score
I own a damage free hairpiece and extensions company in SC and would love to help you. I custom cut and color pieces to match customers hair perfectly! Please look me up on FB I ship all over the country! Ashtyn Tinsley Guest L.A. Hair Boutique 864-590-8924 (I ALSO CUSTOM WIGS)

jps

Reaction score
Your hair sounds a bit like mine. I've been wearing full wigs, but I'm trying to just use a hairpiece because I've just been getting frustrated with the limitations of full wigs.

Mine is thin from the hairline back about 4 inches. I'd kept my hair really short for years because it was just easier wearing wigs, but I'm growing it out now so I can look at blending rather than covering. The rest of my hair is quite thick and healthy so this might work for me too :)

kaliliak

Reaction score
options

You could try making your own if you can't afford it. I see some people making their own lace patches and I make my own topper because my color is impossible to match. Lots of vids on youtube.

Leslie5555

My Regimen
Reaction score
hi everyone, i have diffuse thinning on the top of my head. tried the btweez (sp) it did not fit in, i have very straight hair, i tease the front and lightly brush to the side. my loss is getting worse. oh, i also dyed my hair blonde, it doesn't show the scalp/hair difference.
is there any other clip on type of frontal hair piece out there without having to have one made? don't have the $$ for anything high maintenance
thanks!
That's where my balding is too. Right on the front on top of my four head. it's very hard to find a piece and a wig store that's affordable. I finally went to silk beauty supply and they created the front piece for me for $30. you got to find the right person in the right place to really help you out. I went to a different wig store the other day and they wanted $650 for a very small piece of hair. I was crying and devastated but today. 2 people and silk beauty supply helped me tremendously

Jhair123

My Regimen
Reaction score
This video gave me some ideas to help style my hair when it was super thin. Maybe it can help you too! Good luck.