couple of questions regarding my Armani consult

Hans Gruber

Reaction score
hey everyone

in april 2005 i sent armani some pics for him to go over

they sent me back this info

''For you to reach your desired result, you would need 3500 - 4000 grafts (7000 - 8000 hairs). This would put you at a density of 70 grafts/cm2 in the hairline (zone 1) - we would then slightly decrease the density towards the mid-scalp region to a density of 40 grafts/cm2 (zone 2).''

ok,i apologise i have no pictures anymore but i just wanna ask a couple of things

since this consult i have been on the big three for 14 months ,the crown and mid section are slowly but surely getting thicker and my hairline has remained exactly the same.
when armani sent this info i had been on no meds at all

my hair even as a kid was never very thick and was wondering if 70grafts/cm2 is above average or below average for a human head?

since i have been on the meds im considering going to armani for the 'zone 1' transplant and let the meds carry on for the rest

they also said i would need in total(in another email) 2240 for sone 1 and 1400 for zone 2

if i go for just zone 1 with 2240 at 70grafts per cm/2 would this give me a decent looking hairline?

im sorry if im confusing anyone or making no sense but since my hair has improved i feel that a zone 1 transplant would be a good start until when/if the meds start to fail

i dunno if this makes any difference but i have a relatively small head :hairy:

ok,sooo after all that rambling anyone got any thoughts? any help appreciated :hairy:

G

yeah i think that would be good. you don't need the 3500-4000 grafts because as you said the big 3 have thickened your crown and mid-scalp regions. something around ~2000 in the hairline at around 70 g/cm2 would probably look great. what you should really do though is get in to see armani or whatever hair transplant docs you want personally so they can see how many total grafts they can get out of your donor and plan accordingly.

post some pics.

Hans Gruber

Reaction score
hey jay ,yea i agree i should consult again with armani and go from there

when i first got the quote i hadnt been on any meds and i had a receded hairline and temples with crown miniaturisation.

i now have the same hairline with slightly better temples and continuing reversal of crown miniaturisation...........i thought that this may be the case after meds ,i kinda always planned (so long as meds worked) to thicken the crown and mid section and let armani take care of the hairline/temples

anywaaays thanks for the reply :hairy:

G

i dont think you want to put any in the crown at your age anyway

dirtrider67

Established Member
Reaction score
why don't you measure the area that you want to fill in in centimeters and divide it by 70. that should give a close estimate for how many grafts you may need.