Country Life Maxi Hair Maximized Supplements

decro435

Experienced Member
Reaction score
I just ordered 4 bottles of this hair supplement on sale at $7 down from $15!. I know I more than likely get all I need of these vitamins and minerals, but I feel that my follicles will need all the nutrition they can get when they are being choked by DHT. The more the nutrition the more of a chance the follicle will recieve them. It seems to have most of the ingredients for healthy hair growth. The 4 bottles will do me for 120 days. All for only $28. :) Pity the shipping to Ireland costs $36. :thumbdown2:

Country Life Maxi Hair Maximized Supplements.

Maxi-Hair by Country Life is a dietary supplement designed to nourish hair, nails and skin. Vitamins and minerals are very essential to health and vitality, and consequently to the health and appearance of skin and hair. Although these nutrients occur naturally in various foods, adequate nutrition is not always achieved and there may be a risk of dietary deficiencies. Hair care product Maxi-Hair is ideal for those whose diets may not be providing adequate vitamins and minerals. In fact, this multiple formulation contains such a good spread of nutrients, that there is no need to take any other multi at the same time.

Nutritional Facts
Each Serving Size (caps) 2 provides:

Ingredients Dosage % Daily Value

-Vitamin A (IU) -5,000IU 100%
-Vitamin C (mg) -200mg 333%
-Vitamin E (IU) -50IU 167%
-Thiamin (Vitamin B1) (mg) -30mg 2,000%
-Riboflavin (Vitamin B2) (mg) -50mg 2,941%
-Niacin (mg) -50mg 250%
-Vitamin B6 (mg) -50mg 2,500%
-Folic Acid (mcg) -400mcg 100%
-Vitamin B12 (mcg) -50mcg 833%
-d-Biotin (mcg) -2,000mcg 667%
-Pantothenic (mg) -50mg 500%
-Calcium (mg) -200mg 20%
-Iodine (mcg) -225mcg 150%
-Zinc (mg) -15mg 100%
-Selenium (mcg) -50mcg 71%
-Copper (mg) -1mg 50%
-MSM (Methylsulfonylmethane) (mg) -600 mg
-L-Methionine (free form) (mg) -250mg
-Canola Fatty Acid Complex (mg) -200mg
-Horsetail Extract 2:1 (leaf/steam) (mg) -100mg
-L-Cysteine (mg) -100mg
-Inositol (mg) -50mg
-PABA (para-aminobenzoic acid) (mg) -50mg
-Choline (mg) -23mg

Ingredient Details:
Cellulose, stearic acid, ligosaccharides, magnesium stearate, cellulose & glycerin coating, silica, calcium silicate, natural vanilla.
Suggested Use:
Adults take two tablets daily, as a dietary supplement.

Warnings:
# Do not exceed 10,000 I.U. of vitamin A per day.

# Pregnant or women of child bearing age do not exceed more than 8,000 I.U. of vitamin A per day. Pregnant or lactating women should consult a health care professional before using any product.

# These statements have not been approved by the Food and Drug Administration (FDA).

# This product is not intended to cure, treat, diagnose or prevent any disease.
About Country Life Country life vitamins® has been a leader in the field of nutrition for over 36 years and over the years has extended its family of companies to include biochem®, desert essences®, long life® teas and iron-tek® nutrition, our partners in health and beauty. Today's health focus is on self-improvement, wellness and self care trends. Being the very best in today's highly competitive world requires continuous renewal and Country Life is committed to these beliefs. From factory to you, their concerns are for health, the environment and quality of life.

41R6SXEENTL._AA280_.jpg

Anybody else used these before? Anyone else thinking of using these?

G

Hey mate,

Nice idea!!!!, but try proven treatments like saw palmetto and so on if you get gyno from finasteride....

Cheers mate

A

Administrator

Sonic-X said:
Hey mate,

Nice idea!!!!, but try proven treatments like saw palmetto and so on if you get gyno from finasteride....
Yikes. No. SP is not a proven treatment. And it can give just as many side effects as finasteride. If you get problems with finasteride, consider a topical antiandrogen approach like Topical spironolactone Cream and Revivogen.

Admin

amsch

Reaction score
Admin said:
Sonic-X said:
Hey mate,

Yikes. No. SP is not a proven treatment. And it can give just as many side effects as finasteride. If you get problems with finasteride, consider a topical antiandrogen approach like Topical spironolactone Cream and Revivogen.

Admin
Admin, i know you're using spironolactone. Do you use this cream from HairLossTalk.com? As far as i remember you said you're using both topicals twice a day. That must be messy as hell!

Established Member
Reaction score
Shipping is cheaper to Ireland with iherb.

3 x Country Life - 90 capsules = $27.45
Shipping to Ireland = $11
Total: $38.45 or €29

Also check out clubnatural on ebay, shipping is $8 for first and $2 for each additional item.

decro435

Experienced Member
Reaction score
5920715 said:
Shipping is cheaper to Ireland with iherb.

3 x Country Life - 90 capsules = $27.45
Shipping to Ireland = $11
Total: $38.45 or €29

Also check out clubnatural on ebay, shipping is $8 for first and $2 for each additional item.

Does this mean you've ordered them or are using them?

In all fairness, this should be a part of the "Big 3". Since your hair is being choked by DHT, it doesn't get all the nutrients it needs. For people on Finasteride, it could give the extra boost to turn those vellus hairs terminal.
It's only $7 for every 30 days.

decro435

Experienced Member
Reaction score
How did you get on with them, I know it's hard to determine results. Do you think they made any difference?

How long did you use them for?

Established Member
Reaction score
I'm half asleep, I thought you meant had I used iherb or clubcentral before :woot:

I haven't used country life before, but I take:
MSM 3000mg
Vic C 100mg
Biotin 5mg
Silica 500mg
Norwegian Cod Liver Oil
L-Arginine 1800mg
Multi Vit
Vit B-100 Complex
which contains
Thiamin (B1) 100 mg
Riboflavin (B2) 100 mg
Niacin (B3) as Niacinamide 100 mg
Vitamin B6 as Pyridoxine HCl 100 mg
Folate,Folic Acid,Folacin 400 mcg
Vitamin B12 as Cyanocobalamin 100 mcg
Biotin 100 mcg
Pantothenic acid as d-Calcium Pantothenate 100 mg
Calcium as Calcium Carbonate 17 mg
Choline as Choline Bitartrate 100 mg*
Inositol 100 mg*
PABA p-AminoBenzoic Acid 100 mg*
Ultragreen Base Alfalfa Juice, Barley Grass, Spirulina, Parsley, Spinach, Peppermint, Spearmint 150mg

I haven't noticed any changes with taking these vitamins.
I more or less take them for general (hair) health. I don't expect to grow any hair with them.

decro435

Experienced Member
Reaction score
I find it hard to believe that those had no effect on your hair. I do believe that they would have at least a minimal effect. I guess you can never tell since your regimen is so big.

Anyways, cheers for the information. I'll keep anyone interested updated when I recieve my order.

P.s: What does "5920715" mean? I know I guess randomly threw my fingers on to the keyboard and "decro435" came out!

decro435

Experienced Member
Reaction score
I just recieved my order today, I'll also be taking a B-complex Supplement. The pills are quite big.

JLL

Established Member
Reaction score
decro435 said:
-Vitamin A (IU) -5,000IU 100%
-Vitamin C (mg) -200mg 333%
-Vitamin E (IU) -50IU 167%
-Thiamin (Vitamin B1) (mg) -30mg 2,000%
-Riboflavin (Vitamin B2) (mg) -50mg 2,941%
-Niacin (mg) -50mg 250%
-Vitamin B6 (mg) -50mg 2,500%
-Folic Acid (mcg) -400mcg 100%
-Vitamin B12 (mcg) -50mcg 833%
-d-Biotin (mcg) -2,000mcg 667%
-Pantothenic (mg) -50mg 500%
-Calcium (mg) -200mg 20%
-Iodine (mcg) -225mcg 150%
-Zinc (mg) -15mg 100%
-Selenium (mcg) -50mcg 71%
-Copper (mg) -1mg 50%
-MSM (Methylsulfonylmethane) (mg) -600 mg
-L-Methionine (free form) (mg) -250mg
-Canola Fatty Acid Complex (mg) -200mg
-Horsetail Extract 2:1 (leaf/steam) (mg) -100mg
-L-Cysteine (mg) -100mg
-Inositol (mg) -50mg
-PABA (para-aminobenzoic acid) (mg) -50mg
-Choline (mg) -23mg

There's nothing in there that has been shown to increase hair growth. Plus, taking 100% RDA of vitamin A in one supplement may not be a good idea, because you probably get some from the diet as well.

decro435

Experienced Member
Reaction score
All of those listed are shown to be vital to hair growth. While they might not individually promote new hair growth, they are important for the maintenance and growth of existing hair. DHT choked the follicle of the vital nutrients it needs, the more nutrients availible to better the hair will grow.

JLL

Established Member
Reaction score
Water is necessary for hair growth too, but you're not going to grow more hair by drinking more water, unless you're dying of thirst. As far as we know, it's the same way with all the ingredients in that multi-vitamin.

It's pretty easy to be deficient in zinc, though, so that's one thing that multi has going for it. But then, you could just take zinc.

decro435

Experienced Member
Reaction score
JLL said:
Water is necessary for hair growth too, but you're not going to grow more hair by drinking more water, unless you're dying of thirst. As far as we know, it's the same way with all the ingredients in that multi-vitamin.

It's pretty easy to be deficient in zinc, though, so that's one thing that multi has going for it. But then, you could just take zinc.

There's a big difference between water and vitamins+minerals. Water is essential for living, ofcourse it is vital for hair growth. I know where you're coming from though, I don't expect to visibly see results anytime soon. My hair is dry and limp, it looks dead. I'll take the multivitamin and be content in the fact that I'm attempting to do something. You enjoy yourself now.

JLL

Established Member
Reaction score
opeth88 said:
Horsetail extract = silica (or just a source of silica)

Yeah, but a poorly absorbed form of silica. I actually think the science behind using silica for hair and nails is pretty strong, but only when it's stabilized with choline.

decro435 said:
There's a big difference between water and vitamins+minerals. Water is essential for living, ofcourse it is vital for hair growth. I know where you're coming from though, I don't expect to visibly see results anytime soon. My hair is dry and limp, it looks dead. I'll take the multivitamin and be content in the fact that I'm attempting to do something. You enjoy yourself now.

Sorry, didn't mean to discourage you. If you want to take a multivitamin for general health purposes (and hope it might help/alleviate hair loss as a result), I think there are better options. I take AOR's Ortho-Core myself. The more you look into optimal mineral ratios and different forms of vitamins, the more you realize how badly formulated the average multivitamin is.

But good luck anyway.