Counting Hairs on Pillows

80sRevival

Reaction score
I was just wondering what is considered normal for hairs on the pillow in the morning. I usually have about 5-10 hairs on the pillow every morning. Is this normal? My brother is not bald and he is 4 years older than me. I looked at his pillow the other day and there is no hair on his pillow or in surrounding areas. Quite an interesting observation concerning shedding.

G

80sRevival said:
I was just wondering what is considered normal for hairs on the pillow in the morning. I usually have about 5-10 hairs on the pillow every morning. Is this normal? My brother is not bald and he is 4 years older than me. I looked at his pillow the other day and there is no hair on his pillow or in surrounding areas. Quite an interesting observation concerning shedding.

There is no "normal" in male pattern baldness.

:lol:

reallysad

Reaction score
don't only look at the pillow...
everywhere! bed, blanket.... sweep the entire area with your hands to make sure

80sRevival

Reaction score
I don't only look at the pillow, but there isn't really any hair anywhere else.

Kramer3

Established Member
Reaction score
That's not neccessarily the best indicator of even how much you shed, let alone the extent of your case of male pattern baldness. I think the reason i might shed more then others is because i have longer hair that gets on the pillow and covers half of my ear. I also move around constantly when i sleep rubbing my head aggressively against the pillow. People with short hair that are sound sleepers may not lose as much on the pillow but could compensate by having more hairs come out in the shower. The thing i find the pillow analyzation must usual in is allowing us to see the contrasts in the hairs were losing and see their healthiness.