Countering high estrogen

testingit

Reaction score
I switched to dutasteride/avodart about 3 months ago after being on propecia for many years. I gradually transitioned, eventually taking 0.5MG avodart every other day. My latest blood test shows serum DHT slightly lower than before, T within the normal range maybe even slightly higher, but my Estrogens were flagged as being high (keep in mind i've never got tested for estrogen in the past).

I'm not really experiencing any noticeable sides at this point. But I'm concerned about the high Estrogen and the possibility of developing gyno (enlarged breasts). I work out regularly and not overweight, but is there any supplement or way to counter high E?

I know from some bodybuilder forums of a few things mentioned. Although if I were to use these is it possible they would increase DHT or contribute to hair loss?

Afro_Vacancy

My Regimen
Reaction score
Shouldn't it be impossible to increase DHT if you're on dutasteride?

Rayan27

Reaction score
Zinc has only been show to have anti estrogen properties in men that are DEFICIENT, i can't believe this is propagated so much on these boards to take zinc. Chances of it lowering estrogen in healthy males who are not deficient in zinc are ZERO, there is no study

AussieM

Reaction score
Any others? I'm also keen to know if there is a herbal supplement that can help my sex drive and libido whilst I take Propecia

Afro_Vacancy

My Regimen
Reaction score
I keep reading on the internet and hearing from youtube videos that

- cruciferous vegetables counter estrogen;
- soy, sugar, simple carbs increase estrogen;

I'm not sure how scientific the claims are.

- - - Updated - - -

Any others? I'm also keen to know if there is a herbal supplement that can help my sex drive and libido whilst I take Propecia

Horny goat weed contains sidenafil (and some other compound), and v**** contains sidenafil citrate, so v**** and horny goat weed are nearly the same thing. Not sure how the doses compare.

g.i joey

Reaction score

1500mg of larginine in the morning and 1500 at night has me having raging erections, even while on finasteride.

shookwun

Reaction score
arimidex.

AussieM

Reaction score
Thanks guys! Do you think taking these supplements often for a long time would create a dependency?

- - - Updated - - -

Also I assume that taking one of these supplements would have no effect on producing more testosterone/DHT? Don't want to be counter-productive against the Propecia lol

GeorgeNatur

Reaction score
I switched to dutasteride/avodart about 3 months ago after being on propecia for many years. I gradually transitioned, eventually taking 0.5MG avodart every other day. My latest blood test shows serum DHT slightly lower than before, T within the normal range maybe even slightly higher, but my Estrogens were flagged as being high (keep in mind i've never got tested for estrogen in the past).

I'm not really experiencing any noticeable sides at this point. But I'm concerned about the high Estrogen and the possibility of developing gyno (enlarged breasts). I work out regularly and not overweight, but is there any supplement or way to counter high E?

I know from some bodybuilder forums of a few things mentioned. Although if I were to use these is it possible they would increase DHT or contribute to hair loss?

This is very important that you discovered that you have high Oestrone.
More that the half of the Men that experience Hairloss, the reason is high Oestrone.

The procent of Hairloss from Oestrone seems to be higher even from the high DHT.

So to take duta will not help your Hairloss.

You have right you need something to lower Oestrone, and the best is Grapeseed oil, one table spoone daily (Now is hoch quality).

We have tested this, with great results.

You need also 2 PGD2BLOCKERS (Cotsarelis theory)
to stop shedding.
1.green tea extract is super (Spring Valey)
2. bee polen from now

and
PGE2AGONIST to give "food" to the follicles
Royal jelly (Vitamin word) is very good.

Afro_Vacancy

My Regimen
Reaction score
How is it DHT-inhibitors help most men with hairloss if half of hairloss cases are due to high estrogen?

- - - Updated - - -

This is very important that you discovered that you have high Oestrone.
More that the half of the Men that experience Hairloss, the reason is high Oestrone.

The procent of Hairloss from Oestrone seems to be higher even from the high DHT.

So to take duta will not help your Hairloss.

You have right you need something to lower Oestrone, and the best is Grapeseed oil, one table spoone daily (Now is hoch quality).

We have tested this, with great results.

You need also 2 PGD2BLOCKERS (Cotsarelis theory)
to stop shedding.
1.green tea extract is super (Spring Valey)
2. bee polen from now

and
PGE2AGONIST to give "food" to the follicles
Royal jelly (Vitamin word) is very good.

Who is "we"?

- - - Updated - - -

This is no joke. L-Arginine gives you one hell of an erection. It's great for you as well.

Are you just taking l-arginine or are you taking it with pine bark extract?

GeorgeNatur

Reaction score
How is it DHT-inhibitors help most men with hairloss if half of hairloss cases are due to high estrogen?

- - - Updated - - -

Who is "we"?

- - - Updated - - -

Are you just taking l-arginine or are you taking it with pine bark extract?

The Hairlosscases that have good and results with DHT-BLOCKERS (without side effects)
are not more than 50%.

Statistics we can make from the side effects cases.
Most of the cases that have side efects, is because these Men have high Estrogen (Oestrone or Estradiol)
and Normal DHT.

That means if someone with Normal DHT takes a DHT-BLOCKER then the dht levels will go even more lower,
and the body can't work with so low dht-levels.
Thats why they start the sexual side effects.

The best is if we measure the Hormones,
we can't make a mistake in the Therapy.

I have more than 50 friends that have measured the Hormones, and then the took the right Therapy,
For high DHT

or for high Estrogen.

Joe1191

Established Member
Reaction score
- - - Updated - - -

Are you just taking l-arginine or are you taking it with pine bark extract?[/QUOTE]

I take it alone. It's No2 by Sheer Strength. I haven't tried or heard of pine bark extract but it may be worth looking into to.

WangMQ

Established Member
Reaction score
I keep reading on the internet and hearing from youtube videos that

- cruciferous vegetables counter estrogen;
- soy, sugar, simple carbs increase estrogen;

I'm not sure how scientific the claims are.

As for the soy: I read that the isoflavones from soy work as aromatase inhibitors, so they're supposed to lower estrogens; however, I also read that isoflavones are used as substitutes for estrogens especially in aged women. This is what really confuse me. I was considering taking some isoflavones but am hesitating because of this.

Thoughts?

Afro_Vacancy

My Regimen
Reaction score
As for the soy: I read that the isoflavones from soy work as aromatase inhibitors, so they're supposed to lower estrogens; however, I also read that isoflavones are used as substitutes for estrogens especially in aged women. This is what really confuse me. I was considering taking some isoflavones but am hesitating because of this.

Thoughts?

I don't know -- there seems to be an exceptional amount of BS with respect to soy.

whatevr

My Regimen
Reaction score
I feel like all these natural "aromatase inhibitors" and anti-estrogenic plants/herbs/foods/supplements whatever, may at best inhibit 1-2% of your total estrogen. If Propecia gives you a 30% increase... then what the hell kind of use is that?

None of these come close to the efficacy of a real aromatase inhibitor like Arimidex. Maybe DIM comes to like 20% of the efficiency, at best?

Afro_Vacancy

My Regimen
Reaction score
I feel like all these natural "aromatase inhibitors" and anti-estrogenic plants/herbs/foods/supplements whatever, may at best inhibit 1-2% of your total estrogen. If Propecia gives you a 30% increase... then what the hell kind of use is that?

None of these come close to the efficacy of a real aromatase inhibitor like Arimidex. Maybe DIM comes to like 20% of the efficiency, at best?

What you "feel" is irrelevant, we need actual measurements. Unfortunately, don't expect much rigorous science vis a vis broccoli or soy or whatever.

I'm currently shedding a lot of body fat. I had my estrogen tested a month ago and will test it again in about ~7 weeks, it'll be interesting to see if estrogen drops following body fat reduction in a man as expected.