counter minoxidil side effects

tomcatt

Reaction score
Hello,

Minoxidil is an antihypertensive vasodilator medication .
Caffeine is a vasoconstrictor , which is exactly the opposite.

So, if apply a caffeine cream on my face, will i alleviate my puffy minoxidil face ?

Thanks.

hairhoper

Experienced Member
Reaction score
I dunno, I would guess it's not that simple. For instance, one school of thought is that skin changes like puffy face etc. could be due to minoxidil affecting collagen production.

tomcatt

Reaction score
Furosemid requires a prescription :(

Do you know where i get it without prescription ?

(I 've tried green tea without sucess)

Thanks.

K

kehcorpz

I think you may be onto something. It's possible that the diet of the person affects their side effects with the minoxidil. Some get more iron and Vitamin C which help in production of collagen. I got the side effects from using 4ml daily for 6 months because foam was so difficult to put on. I learned my lesson and am slowly recovering and only using 1ml now. However, I am going to add Iron supplementation into my regimen since I do not eat much red meats due to time. I typically use cottage cheese as my main protein source.

If you google there's a bunch of studies showing promising results with iron and ascorbic acid for collagen synthesis.

tomcatt said:
Minoxidil inhib of lysyl hydroxylase (this enzyme helps to produce collagen) .

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/8311472

If you look this :

http://herkules.oulu.fi/isbn951427136X/html/x232.html

Lysyl hydroxylase activity is dependent on added Fe2+, whereas other divalent cations such as Zn2+, Cd2+, Co2+, Ca2+ and Cu2+ have an inhibitory effect

So taking Iron supplement is good ?

Ende

Reaction score
Change to the 2% solution... If I'm not mistaken, the 5% solution wasn't significantly more effective than the 2% solution, other than that the initial results were seen much earlier with the 5% solution. We're talking about 2 vs. 4 months. However, what's more important, is that the 5% solution increases the chance of side effects by more than 100%, and people should therefore use the 2% solution for maintenance! Rogaine 2% is now discontinued, but Rogaine for women is the same thing.

T

Timi

i chanced to 2% the same sides as from 5%

it makes a Old red face and blue-black Eyerings