Countdown to hair cloning

MidnightFlyer

Established Member
Reaction score
IMO This is the only sure-fire (hypothetical) weapon we have.

Some say it will happen in as little as 2 years. I think they're dreaming. I think it will happen, and be commercially available, just about the time of my demise. Anyway, I don't expect this thread to go any further than myself, counting today as DAY 1. But - I think it's worth throwing it out there.

So it's ONE DAY... and counting: :smoke:

G

I doubt the scientists can time it perfectly so your demise is shortly after. I instead think you will get to reap the benefits, but die in some kind of freak accident while celebrating your new hair.

Personally I think it will be ready by the end of the week, just in time so I can go to the Superbowl and show off my new hair.

TEST SUBJECT#1

Established Member
Reaction score
MidnightFlyer said:
IMO This is the only sure-fire (hypothetical) weapon we have.

Some say it will happen in as little as 2 years. I think they're dreaming. I think it will happen, and be commercially available, just about the time of my demise. Anyway, I don't expect this thread to go any further than myself, counting today as DAY 1. But - I think it's worth throwing it out there.

So it's ONE DAY... and counting: :smoke:

Having a countdown is the same as being sentenced to 10 years in prison and marking everyday closer to release, on the wall. You will get impatiant and go nuts.

G

Confucious say a watched kettle never boil, so enjoy a quicky with your partner until things heat up.

Axon

Reaction score
I expect it to be given to the public sometime in my early 30's. I'm 24 now, so 6-10 years or so.

But you never know, it might not happen at all.

Ams99

Established Member
Reaction score
I remember 2 years ago people were saying "5-10" years. well, people keep saying 5-10 years. if what they said 2 years ago was correct, the guesses should have turned into 3-8 years by now!

HairlossTalk

Reaction score
Ams - all those timeline guesses were in regards to Gho, who isn't doing follicular cloning anyways (now we know). Nobody was actually doing much published research on it until just last year, so the countdown truly has begun, finally.

HairLossTalk.com

G

Any proof to back up your claims that Gho is not doing Hair Multiplication research? Gho seems to of missed your memo telling him to stop as well as many other people. The truth is no one really knows what Gho is doing, so it is hardly accurate to claim that he is doing nothing in the field of Hair Multiplication. I know I have been reading Hairsite.com and a few of the other sites info about Gho too much but the guy might be doing what he says. If he does not share some of his research with the public he will soon have more skeptics that believers.

Redbone

Reaction score
It took over well over ten years from the first real breakthrough (Rogaine) to the next (Propecia) neither one of them is a cure and their effects are moderate at best.

I dont think they will come up with anything anytime soon, if in the past twenty years Rogaine and Propecia are the only defenses...Hair transplants haven't even improved dramatically in that time frame. They still suck and you can look like a fool unless you have a pocket full of money to keep the grafts coming to replace the continualy thinning areas

This field is not like automobiles or electronics it is slow.

joe_mama

Established Member
Reaction score
A Big Mess said:
Any proof to back up your claims that Gho is not doing Hair Multiplication research?

A Big Mess, Dr. Gho IS doing Hair Muliplication research....which apparently is different from follicular cloning.

G

RedBone,

The only problem is that research on hair loss has not been going on for very long. Both Propecia and Minoxidil were found by accident, Finasteride was used to reduce the size of your prostate and Minoxidil was used as a blood pressure medication. All there was before those 2 treatments were vitamins and hair plugs and no one had any idea what caused male pattern baldness. It is only in the last few years that a lot of research has even been started on hair loss, so it is hardly accurate to compare a time when no research was being done to now. The companies out there now know how much of a market there is for hair loss thanks to Propecia and Minoxidil, this has its good point and bad. The good is that companies will spend more money to find treatments that work better than the ones we found by accident, the bad news is that this new market is going to attract a lot of people that are selling bogus products.

Redbone

Reaction score
In an age of High definition televison, cars that routinely accelerate to 60 mph in under 4 seconds and compact discs you would think hairloss would be a minor fix. It is cosmetic so no one really cares unless they can profit from it. It has even been said that the three doctors invovled are LEe, Procotr and Lewenburg are all in it for the money. Maybe and mabe not but I know at least two of them that are. Giving 1.5oz on products when its supposed to be 2oz, selling things that dont work etc...

HairlossTalk

Reaction score
A Big Mess said:
Any proof to back up your claims that Gho is not doing Hair Multiplication research?
I didn't say he isn't doing Hair Multiplication research. You should know by now that the term "Hair Multiplication" is a "Ghoism" which represents a technique that nobody knows anything about. The correct term for the research and the future technology is going to be "Follicular Cloning". Why? Because published researchers are working on it now, and have named it that.

A Big Mess said:
Gho seems to of missed your memo telling him to stop as well as many other people.
Who told him to stop? I commented that the timeline claims we've all been hearing were NOT for Follicular Cloning research but Gho's mystery technology which as of last year ended up being nothing other than a form of Follicular Unit Extraction, an already widely practiced form of hair transplant technology. What we know is all we can comment on. This summarizes our previous misunderstanding in your other incarnation here on the HairLossTalk.com Discussion Forum.

A Big Mess said:
The truth is no one really knows what Gho is doing, so it is hardly accurate to claim that he is doing nothing in the field of Hair Multiplication.
1. There is no "field of hair multiplication". That is a proprietary term that one man created. The field is Follicular Cloning.

2. In the world of legitimate researchers, if nobody knows what a scientist is doing because he isn't published, then he quite simply is not recognized and will not be recognized until he does publish.

Talking about what Gho might be doing is an act of futility that most of us got sick of performing nearly 4 years ago when this rumor had already gotten old over at hairsite (among tons of other rumors that fizzled to nothing).

Unfortunatley for him, he's no longer the only one in the race and I doubt based upon his continued comments regarding a postponed date, that he will be the first to come out with the technology.

HairLossTalk.com

G

None the less Hair Cloning, Hair Multiplication, Follicular Cloning, or that thingy they do by making more of them from one are ALL based on the same idea. You could call it Walla Walla Clone Copy but they would all be doing the same thing which is taking hair from the side and cloning/multiplying it until there are more copies of it. Gho has given very few interviews but in the one's he has he stated that the words Hair Multiplication, which from his explanation is the same thing as everyone else is doing. Now you might of read one interview he gave and missed the whole HM topic or it might of been in a different interview. I am sure everyone here could give a damn what he calls it, but none the less it is the same priciple that the people that are calling it Follicular Cloning are using.

Who knows what the guy has, he could be holding a Royal Flush or a pair of 2's, if he is bluffing then he is doing one hell of a job at it because he sure seems to be waiting to show his hand.

HairlossTalk

Reaction score
A Big Mess said:
Gho has given very few interviews
The owner of a private web site claimed to fly to the netherlands for a secret meeting with Dr. Gho. That is the extent of his interaction with the whole world.

No legitimate researcher in the medical community would consider this a legitimate source of proof that he is doing anything. Thats the point. Publishing is how you legitimize. Every other form of publication on research of new technology, at least to those with any education in the scientific industry, is useless gossip.

This is why, as a responsible website, we tell our users to focus and look to the legitimate research projects underway here in the states and europe. Its all about keeping your head out of the clouds and onto hard science. For some reason this seems to be a major challenge for people in this area of medical conditions.

HairLossTalk.com

highlander

Reaction score
Look forward to hair cloning.....

Ill proberly be 90 and while dieing ill see it on the news, medical breakthru hair cloning!

Since I dont have the funds and dont fancy all these treatments ill just keep my hair short and bear it :twisted:

MidnightFlyer

Established Member
Reaction score
I think the first thing I'd do with my new crop of hair would be to grow it real long, then I'd get a perm, ya know, a big afro-type job. I'd be walking around with my big balloon-head full of hair, happy as a lark, snickering to myself at all the follicularly-challenged guys that haven't done it yet.

DAY 4

MidnightFlyer

Established Member
Reaction score
I'd chuck the Toppk and Couvre. I'd empty the minoxidil and cancel my Proscar, and get rid of the Nizoral.

DAY 5