Could Use Some Reassurance From You Guys.

Davidcr1996

My Regimen
Reaction score
I started taking Dutasteride a week ago because my dermatologist found some miniaturization. I was excited thinking that my hair will go back to normal after she prescribed me dutasteride then BOOM! Two days later after starting treatment i started shedding EVERYHWERE. My back my sides and the top. Is this normal or should i stop taking it?

Ray Baz

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Id stop if i was you as ive been on it and there are better natural things out there.

Ollie

My Regimen
Reaction score
Id stop if i was you as ive been on it and there are better natural things out there.

Natural things will do nothing for people with actual hairloss.

OP shedding is very common when starting these treatments but dutasteride is massively overkill if you’ve never even used finasteride.

Ray Baz

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I started taking Dutasteride a week ago because my dermatologist found some miniaturization. I was excited thinking that my hair will go back to normal after she prescribed me dutasteride then BOOM! Two days later after starting treatment i started shedding EVERYHWERE. My back my sides and the top. Is this normal or should i stop taking it?

Much better to use onion juice and ginger for stopping the shed and then using castor oil and peppermint oil to add regrowth. Anyone who says you cant do it naturally obviously hasnt tried it for atleast 6 months. it works.

Davidcr1996

My Regimen
Reaction score

OP shedding is very common when starting these treatments but dutasteride is massively overkill if you’ve never even used finasteride.
I started right at dutasteride instead of finasteride. Is that bad?

Ollie

My Regimen
Reaction score
I started right at dutasteride instead of finasteride. Is that bad?

For many it’s complete overkill and the sides could be considerably worse if you get them.
I wouldn’t want to completely remove 5ar from my brain . dutasteride inhibits all 3 types of 5ar .

Unacknowledged

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score

I would start with a low dose finasteride, 025mg. Or saw palmetto 320 any other day.

Davidcr1996

My Regimen
Reaction score

Thank you for your info Ollie. I’m scares that dutasteride will increase my testosterone and will futher increase my hair loss.

Unacknowledged

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Why a low dose? Wont my hair keep getting thinner?

If you notice no side effects you can up the dose. You can start with 1 mg but if you notice sides you have to take it down. I would do it the other way around. Start low and increase when you have no issues.

Davidcr1996

My Regimen
Reaction score
If you notice no side effects you can up the dose. You can start with 1 mg but if you notice sides you have to take it down. I would do it the other way around. Start low and increase when you have no issues.
Thank your for your info Unacknowledged. Do you think it was a bad idea to start with Dutasteride and is it normal to shed everywhere when you first start?

Unacknowledged

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Thank your for your info Unacknowledged. Do you think it was a bad idea to start with Dutasteride and is it normal to shed everywhere when you first start?

Imo yes. Dutasteride drops 97% of serum dht. Its known to shed because the weak hairs make place for the anagen fase.

Ray Baz

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Imo yes. Dutasteride drops 97% of serum dht. Its known to shed because the weak hairs make place for the anagen fase.

Onion juice and ginger once a day. leave in overnight and watch your hair stop shedding. takes about 3 weeks but it works.

Ray Baz

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Pics of your hair improvement?

20200103_102043.jpg 20200103_102046.jpg 20200203_170039.jpg

Ray Baz

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Two very bright pictures and the last one not so much.

I can get another pic with the sun out again but even in this pic you can see the difference. All depends how you want to see the pics. Glass half full or half empty kind of people i guess. :) Either way it works for me and im happy if people would like to try then go ahead its free and dont cost nothing but a trip to the supermarket.