Could Ron Paul have beaten Obama head to head?

Could Ron Paul have beaten Obama head to head?

• Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

CCS

Reaction score
A Republican I know said no Democrat would ever vote for Ron Paul because he supports lower taxes, even lower than all the Republicans.

I told him that most people I know who vote Democrat do so because they want to protect gay rights, even if they have to pay more in taxes, and that Libertarians appeal to them. He was shocked and disagreed. Now I want to test that with a poll.

I know some Republicans who say they liked Ron Paul but did not vote for him in the primaries because they thought he was too far right to beat a centrist Democrat.

ClayShaw

Experienced Member
Reaction score
CCS said:
A Republican I know said no Democrat would ever vote for Ron Paul because he supports lower taxes, even lower than all the Republicans.

I told him that most people I know who vote Democrat do so because they want to protect gay rights, even if they have to pay more in taxes, and that Libertarians appeal to them. He was shocked and disagreed. Now I want to test that with a poll.

I know some Republicans who say they liked Ron Paul but did not vote for him in the primaries because they thought he was too far right to beat a centrist Democrat.

Most people vote democrat to protect gay rights???? I understand you're a chemistry student (CCS) but thats about as simplistic as it gets. Democrats get votes from a wide swath of people. The party's base has little to do with the gay rights movement.
Secondly, to answer your question, Ron Paul would have gotten his *** kicked by Obama. Elections are won and lost on funding alone. Ron Paul never would have had the money to even challenge Obama.

HughJass

Reaction score
as if Ron Paul would ever get elected.

He had the nerve to suggest that America's foreign policy might create national security nightmares somewhere down the track. Blasphemous

Doug Douglas

Established Member
Reaction score
Cassin said:
A minority vs someone with a racist history
Indeed.
CCS said:
I told him that most people I know who vote Democrat do so because they want to protect gay rights, even if they have to pay more in taxes, and that Libertarians appeal to them.
Did you also tell your friend about that time that girl pulled out her tampon in front of you and waved it around like a yo yo?

What planet do you get your dope from, CCS?

Aside from the fact that Obama is younger, better looking, more eloquent, not associated with the KKK, and supports public schooling (don't forget that libertarians would make home schooling a necessity -- yikes! kids would get even dumber), he actually had a grass roots movement. Getting donations from white supremacists doesn't count as a grass roots movement.

Ron Paul won't get elected because no one wants him to get elected, any more than they want Ralph Nader to get elected.

JayBear

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi everyone! I haven't been around for a while but I'm glad to see the level of dialogue hasn't diminished. Hows things?

Nuli

Established Member
Reaction score
Ron Paul would be a better president then Obama and i think head to head he might have had a chance. Think of the backing and support from the younger culture Obama had. He was like a f*****g rap star during the election. It became "cool" to wear a Obama shirt. Ron paul might have taken the youth vote from Obama due to his stance on legalizing marijuana. Also, if you ever heard his speeches on fixing our economic crisis, the man is a genius.