Could I pull off a shaved head?

Bad

Established Member
Reaction score
i think so dude, i would do it, most people probably can see your receding so it wont be much of a shock.

Agustin Araujo

My Regimen
Reaction score
I started the big 3 recently and I was thinking of shaving my head until it kicks in and thickens up a bit. Im just wondering if you think with my head/face shape I could pull it off. I think of myself as kind of a moon face with a big forehead, but that might just be because the receded hairline makes it look bigger. Also I don't have much of a jaw or chin (as you can see in the second pic) but the facial hair helps bring my jaw out a bit.

Opinions?

That's a good idea. Also, keeping your head shaved will make it easier to track progress. You should be able to pull it off nicely, I think the facial hair suits you well. :)

kj6723

My Regimen
Reaction score
#1 or #2 buzz would probably look good. I wouldn't bic at this point.

Swimswiy

Reaction score
Yeah I actually don't mind how my hair looks now, I can pull off a super high hairline. Problem is my little hair "widow's peak" on top is diffuse thinning like crazy and I'm fearing is shedding almost completely away to where concealer won't even be able ton help me before too long. Then I'll just look like a bald dude.

And no I don't spray tan.

Swimswiy

Reaction score
Thanks!

Hey can you guys give me a solid guesstimate on when the shedding phase will start? I've been on it for a week and I haven't noticed any yet, but I'm assuming it wouldn't normally start in a week.

Fullhead1day

Established Member
Reaction score
Thanks!

Hey can you guys give me a solid guesstimate on when the shedding phase will start? I've been on it for a week and I haven't noticed any yet, but I'm assuming it wouldn't normally start in a week.
Some actually dont shed, but most do. It depends, it can start away, or it can start in 3 months. I notice most people on here notice shedding after a month or two.

buckthorn

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Grow that beard a thicker and buzz it.. you will look like a complete f*cking bad a*s and people will fear you. :)

Hammer

Established Member
Reaction score
Yes. But I don't think you need to.

You have enough hair for the average person not to see you as 'bald'.

Swimswiy

Reaction score
You could pull it off. But it looks like you're on your way to permanent hairloss on top.

No doubt. Hopefully the big 3 will take care of that. I was thinking of just buzzing it all off during the shed if it gets bad. But if I look like an alien with it buzzed its lose-lose.

foxloss

Reaction score
Dude hell yeah! You'd look great bald, in my opinion at least. And your hair still looks good now, it's up to you!

Cincinnati Kid

Established Member
Reaction score
If you do bic it, keep the beard. I tried it once without facial hair, and people thought I had cancer. If I were you though, I would definitely keep some hair on top. You should contour your hair very short where the sides of the head begin to arch to meet the top of your skull. I find that a fade works well. Keep it around a 3 or 4 on the very top, but fade it as you go back down the sides and back. Kinda sorta like some of these, depending on exactly how much hair you have presently.
17-extra-short-mohawk-hairstyle-for-men-with-receding-hairline.jpg

37e584a6a7de536a4ec4641cc162ee32.jpg
Best-Haircut-For-Receding-Hairline.jpg

Swimswiy

Reaction score
Haha funny you should say that, because before I even saw your post I got that hair cut and Im liking it a lot! makes me look way younger (and more like a soccer punk) and its nice and clean. Feels good outside in the breeze too.

attachment.php

attachment.php

Attachments

• 0-cus-d2-624e7a10a85384c07ef98c9f9b8e075b.jpg
    0-cus-d2-624e7a10a85384c07ef98c9f9b8e075b.jpg
    48.3 KB · Views: 281
  • 0-cus-d1-e9ba761f06417e573ac7ce72c82b04af.jpg
    0-cus-d1-e9ba761f06417e573ac7ce72c82b04af.jpg
    74.2 KB · Views: 276

FWIW

Established Member
Reaction score
How old r you,Whar do you plan to do?Big 3 wont regrow your hairline which is already nw3.5 atleast so on the very edge of beying bald. Hair transplant?