Could I get a good hair transplant with this hair?

easynow

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi,
This link is to my photos, I'm wondering if I can get a decent transplant, since I'm going to have a crown to fill in.
Also does anyone think that I could undergo a procedure in a few months, or should I wait a couple more years.
My fathers hair is about a Norwood 5, with quite a lot in the middle, and a slightly bald crown.

http://www.hairlosstalk.com/discussions/viewtopic.php?t=36346[/url]

flimflam

Experienced Member
Reaction score
i think you should try some treatments before doing anything as drastic as surgery.

G

easynow,

Whatever you do, don't get a hair transplant. That may not be what you wanted to hear, but please bear with me a minute.

Without question, you are in the secondary stages of an extensive diffused thinning pattern. I studied the miniturization from the link although it would be best to see the scalp in better light. My point is that potentially I see you hitting class 7 because of how far the miniturization is impeding. Do you have class 6 & 7's on either side of your family history? Go back as far as you can because your father alone does not serve enough broad spectrum in considering the male pattern baldness gene on both sides.

If I were you, I would immdiately start the new Rogaine foam and get on finasteride ASAP. If you do not clearly see stabilization in 9-12 months, you will end up seriously regretting getting a hair transplant. I have worked with COUNTLESS young men over the past three decades who have the same situation so I am telling you this from broad experience.

Let us know how the meds work out.

Nick4441

Experienced Member
Reaction score
hair transplant would be a big mistake and actually quite difficult with diffuse thinning.

I thought a lot about hair transplant and nearly booked in after a consult.

Decided with all the advice you have to get your hairloss under control.

Get on finasteride immediately..its quite cheap as a generic from UP or Inhouse. use nizoral shampoo too.

Give it a few months and you could consider minoxidil but that's more effort to keep up, best to add things in stages.

I'm on dutasteride now as finasteride did not work for me so there is stronger meds than finasteride if it doesn't do the trick.hopefully it will for you. best of Luck :)

G

Great advice Nick except that he should really get on minoxidil right now too for his crown. Like I said, use the foam product at 5%, once per day. It dries quickly.