Could Frequent Urination Be A Side Effect Of Propecia?

Headdy

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I've been on Propecia for a few years now but for several months now I've been suffering from frequent urination.
Could that be due to Propecia use?

Thanks in advance for any information you can provide,
Headdy.

sunchyme1

My Regimen
Reaction score
@sunchyme1 has a lot of knowledge on finasteride sides.

lol i dont know sh*t man

your way more knowledgeable than me

i just know how i felt and how all other pfs guys and its very very particular

for op, i dunno man, honestly. im not sure if i had this side effect or not. im guessing because your f*****g around with your prostate is possible. i think ive heard this complaint before. im honestly not sure mate

all i know is i felt awful on the drug. truly awful.

messing around with hormones is no joke

maybe do research around the propecia forums...propeciahelp, solvespfs, swolesouce, other hair loss forums

Afro_Vacancy

My Regimen
Reaction score
lol i dont know sh*t man

your way more knowledgeable than me

i just know how i felt and how all other pfs guys and its very very particular

for op, i dunno man, honestly. im not sure if i had this side effect or not. im guessing because your f*****g around with your prostate is possible. i think ive heard this complaint before. im honestly not sure mate

all i know is i felt awful on the drug. truly awful.

messing around with hormones is no joke

maybe do research around the propecia forums...propeciahelp, solvespfs, swolesouce, other hair loss forums

Can you remind me what the alcohol-related symptoms were like?

To what extent are you healed now?

sunchyme1

My Regimen
Reaction score
Can you remind me what the alcohol-related symptoms were like?

To what extent are you healed now?

with the booze, my experience and a lot of other guys i spoke to had the same thing, were that after getting pretty drunk, the next day we all felt back to our pre pfs selves.

i think i read somewhere cdnuts saying it because of the increase in testosterone, or maybe something to do with the immune system, im not sure. but by getting getting shitfaced, i would wake the next day feeling back to my old self again.

depression gone, brain fog gone, personality came, it was like a cloud had been lifted. i was hungover as f***, and felt sh*t in a normal hungover way. but i still felt like me.

once the hungover had passed, pfs came back and i felt awful again

same thing happened when i had a cold. very bizarre. but widely reported on pfs forums.

i didnt know what was going on at the time

all i knew was that after a night out getting pissed (which wasnt enjoyable in the least because i was so fucked up by finasteride) the next day i was instantly back to normal in everyway. it felt great

these days, i dunno man

i am definitely better in some ways, but my overall health is much worse so im sure this is preventing a fulll recovery

i wake up now pretty every day with insane boners lol. my libido is getting better. the brain fog, personality issues, depression etc is all getting better

but my gut is an absolute f*****g mess. its actually really bad now i need to see a doctor. i can barely eat food without feeling sick anymore. its nuts. i think years of general stress, and me abusing my gut with booze and bad food have now taken its toll. and i know the gut is a major component in recovering from this sh*t.

so sometimes after a few days of drinking a bit too much and eating bad food, i will wake up and literally feel like am i dying. its f*****g nuts. so kind of like a crash i guess. awful feeling.

i really need to fix my gut problems to heal properly. but overall i would say i am getting better

i think im similar in the same way as whatevrs story, where my general health wasnt great before taking finasteride, and finasteride just fucked me up good afterwards. and now with the issues im having with my gut, im kinda stuck in no mans land where im in a constant state of feeling sh*t until i fix these problems

Afro_Vacancy

My Regimen
Reaction score
with the booze, my experience and a lot of other guys i spoke to had the same thing, were that after getting pretty drunk, the next day we all felt back to our pre pfs selves.

i think i read somewhere cdnuts saying it because of the increase in testosterone, or maybe something to do with the immune system, im not sure. but by getting getting shitfaced, i would wake the next day feeling back to my old self again.

depression gone, brain fog gone, personality came, it was like a cloud had been lifted. i was hungover as f***, and felt sh*t in a normal hungover way. but i still felt like me.

once the hungover had passed, pfs came back and i felt awful again

same thing happened when i had a cold. very bizarre. but widely reported on pfs forums.

i didnt know what was going on at the time

all i knew was that after a night out getting pissed (which wasnt enjoyable in the least because i was so fucked up by finasteride) the next day i was instantly back to normal in everyway. it felt great

these days, i dunno man

i am definitely better in some ways, but my overall health is much worse so im sure this is preventing a fulll recovery

i wake up now pretty every day with insane boners lol. my libido is getting better. the brain fog, personality issues, depression etc is all getting better

but my gut is an absolute f*****g mess. its actually really bad now i need to see a doctor. i can barely eat food without feeling sick anymore. its nuts. i think years of general stress, and me abusing my gut with booze and bad food have now taken its toll. and i know the gut is a major component in recovering from this sh*t.

so sometimes after a few days of drinking a bit too much and eating bad food, i will wake up and literally feel like am i dying. its f*****g nuts. so kind of like a crash i guess. awful feeling.

i really need to fix my gut problems to heal properly. but overall i would say i am getting better

i think im similar in the same way as whatevrs story, where my general health wasnt great before taking finasteride, and finasteride just fucked me up good afterwards. and now with the issues im having with my gut, im kinda stuck in no mans land where im in a constant state of feeling sh*t until i fix these problems

Have you tried the CDnuts protocol?

sunchyme1

My Regimen
Reaction score
Have you tried the CDnuts protocol?

yeah ive gone through trials, but just not been consistent enough

f*****g lack of discipline man

done a few juice fasts for a few days. worked out a lot at times. ate good food sometimes. just not altogether in a long stretch

i know i can do it though. just need to motivate myself

lol

MrPortugal

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Finasteride give me too frequent pee and others bad sides.

After 10 months since I stop, I still have sides but im improving :)

I never I'll put a pill of finasteride in my mouth again

MrPortugal

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Hi MrPortugal,
Thanks for your reply.
1. Are you sure that the frequent pee was due to Finasteride ?
2. How long were you on Finasteride and how long did it take for the frequent pee problem until it happened since you started?
3. Is the frequent pee really going away and improving steadily since you stopped?

I hope I won't have to choose between the two. I don't want to lose my hair, but I want my normal life back.
Thanks again,
Headdy.
1- Yes.
2- maybe the second month to start this crap.
3- I still frequent pee but much better.

Like I said after stop finasteride I still have sides but Im improving.

If your sides from finasteride is just frequent pee and if this not boring you, maybe you don't need stop take your finasteride.

But if you have others sides too I recommend you to stop this, listen your body.

You have Minoxidil to help your hair, I using minoxidil too and works fine.

K

karankaran

I wonder if frequent pee is an outcome of 5 alpha reductase inhibitors.

I never felt the need to pee frequently on finasteride - honestly, i never experienced any side effects on finasteride - sometimes i wonder if the finasteride I take is legitimate or just a 1mg sugar pill even though i get the real deal from walgreens.

But recently, I added 400 mg Vitamin B2 and I pee a lot more frequently. Riboflavin (Vitamin B2) is considered to be a 5 alpha reductase inhibitor at large doses. Also, after starting vitamin b2, my sex drive has nose dived. I am getting some side effects on it. It is all a bit weird considering i should have gotten sides on finasteride. I can rule out finasteride because I have been taking finasteride for more than a year and i added vitamin b2 2 weeks back.

so finasteride did not give me sides but another 5 alpha reductase inhibitor is giving me sides. I think the generic finasteride i get from walgreens is crap and not the real deal.

Headdy

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Yes, it's the only side effect I'm experiencing.
I'm actually not 100% sure if it's because of the Finasteride, I've been on it for several years and only now it's a problem for me.
I also started taking taking Vitamin B 100 Complex + Biotin 600mcg, but I don't remember if the times match exactly between the vitamins and the frequent pee.
I stopped taking the vitamins 2 weeks ago but for now it didn't help.
Maybe it takes time for the vitamins to get out of the system? I don't know. I hope so.

I wonder if frequent pee is an outcome of 5 alpha reductase inhibitors.

I never felt the need to pee frequently on finasteride - honestly, i never experienced any side effects on finasteride - sometimes i wonder if the finasteride I take is legitimate or just a 1mg sugar pill even though i get the real deal from walgreens.

But recently, I added 400 mg Vitamin B2 and I pee a lot more frequently. Riboflavin (Vitamin B2) is considered to be a 5 alpha reductase inhibitor at large doses. Also, after starting vitamin b2, my sex drive has nose dived. I am getting some side effects on it. It is all a bit weird considering i should have gotten sides on finasteride. I can rule out finasteride because I have been taking finasteride for more than a year and i added vitamin b2 2 weeks back.

so finasteride did not give me sides but another 5 alpha reductase inhibitor is giving me sides. I think the generic finasteride i get from walgreens is crap and not the real deal.

1- Yes.
2- maybe the second month to start this crap.
3- I still frequent pee but much better.

Like I said after stop finasteride I still have sides but Im improving.

If your sides from finasteride is just frequent pee and if this not boring you, maybe you don't need stop take your finasteride.

But if you have others sides too I recommend you to stop this, listen your body.

You have Minoxidil to help your hair, I using minoxidil too and works fine.

jonp0083

My Regimen
Reaction score
Recently I took my first pill of finasteride in the morning and started to pee more frequently starting in the afternoon. This continued for the next few days and I felt my whole groin internally was sensitive. Even after peeing, i would still feel a slight urge. I was going to pee about 10-12 times a day. Previously it was about 4-6 times. After about a week and half, things got back to normal. Strange was that i did not take any more pills after the first pill. Obviously some of it is likely psychological but def was a mild side effect that did go away after some time. Thinking of getting back on it at a lower dose and then build up.