Coq10 And L-carnitine Tartrate In Topiclas, Need Some Suggestions

Georgie

My Regimen
Reaction score
hey all

So after a bit of reading and scoping out new ways to reduce or maybe help my shitty, a**h** hairloss, I’ve come across a lot of promising information about L-Carnitine and coenzyme q10 which assist in renewing hairgrowth/halting follicle death amongst other things, and there have been some legitimately promising studies done. I know this is a subject that has been talked about before, but I haven’t seen many posts about whether or not these things can be applied topically on the scalp or what the best vehicles for these ingredients would be. I have already ordered some LCT, and I have seen some guys put it into minoxdil, but I have also read that these ingredients need to a lipsomal solution for effective absorption. So in that case, what would be the best option? I like the idea of putting this stuff into minoxidil or stemox but if it won’t work it’s not really worth it. Anyone tried anything topically with these indredients?

ripple-effect

Experienced Member
Reaction score
I believe the studies show that it's effective for hair loss in both forms(topical & orally) but it may take anywhere from 6mos-year to notice any results. Why not try the zix formula w/ your own twist and/or ingredients?

Georgie

My Regimen
Reaction score
I believe the studies show that it's effective for hair loss in both forms(topical & orally) but it may take anywhere from 6mos-year to notice any results. Why not try the zix formula w/ your own twist and/or ingredients?
Hey there

I’ve decided to go the oral 300mg ED route for the coq10. I have also begun adding 1/4tsp in 60ml minoxidil to make a 2% Carnitine topical (which is also put my RU and niacinamide into), but this is only because I am awaiting my DSMO which it dissolves better into. I will use 2ml of that with 58ml purified water, and to that I will also add 1% cetirizine (which i do already use), and possible 1% adenosine.
I did actually order the Zix pack a while ago but give my sensitivity to estrogen fluctuations, even when taking saw palmetto, I decided to give it a miss given that zinc and SP gave increase testosterone and decrease estrogen. Even topically, it’s not something I really wanted to risk.

mooreu

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Georgie I've been taking 100 mg of Ubiquinol ED for quite a while. I take a number of supplements so I can't say definitively that Ubiquinol helps my hair. It has a number of other health benefits so if it helps my hair then it's a bonus.

Afro_Vacancy

My Regimen
Reaction score
hey all

So after a bit of reading and scoping out new ways to reduce or maybe help my shitty, a**h** hairloss, I’ve come across a lot of promising information about L-Carnitine and coenzyme q10 which assist in renewing hairgrowth/halting follicle death amongst other things, and there have been some legitimately promising studies done. I know this is a subject that has been talked about before, but I haven’t seen many posts about whether or not these things can be applied topically on the scalp or what the best vehicles for these ingredients would be. I have already ordered some LCT, and I have seen some guys put it into minoxdil, but I have also read that these ingredients need to a lipsomal solution for effective absorption. So in that case, what would be the best option? I like the idea of putting this stuff into minoxidil or stemox but if it won’t work it’s not really worth it. Anyone tried anything topically with these indredients?

If I may,

I do admire the enthusiasm that you're showing, your ability to catch up to and surpass all of the regulars here in relevant knowledge, and the fact that you're doing this while dealing with a difficult life situation.

But I think that you should slow down as you're taking on too many chemicals too soon. A lot of these are poorly researched, some of them might give you side effects that are bad, or they might have no effect. I'd slow down.

ripple-effect

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Hey there

I’ve decided to go the oral 300mg ED route for the coq10. I have also begun adding 1/4tsp in 60ml minoxidil to make a 2% Carnitine topical (which is also put my RU and niacinamide into), but this is only because I am awaiting my DSMO which it dissolves better into. I will use 2ml of that with 58ml purified water, and to that I will also add 1% cetirizine (which i do already use), and possible 1% adenosine.
I did actually order the Zix pack a while ago but give my sensitivity to estrogen fluctuations, even when taking saw palmetto, I decided to give it a miss given that zinc and SP gave increase testosterone and decrease estrogen. Even topically, it’s not something I really wanted to risk.

So you're saying you ordered it but didn't bother to use it? It's not going to make a major impact on your systemic hormonal levels if used topically.

Georgie

My Regimen
Reaction score
So you're saying you ordered it but didn't bother to use it? It's not going to make a major impact on your systemic hormonal levels if used topically.
I already add the Carnitine to my minoxidil, and I just got some coq10 pills from the pharmacy.