Copper Peptides

Reaction score
Is it true that the new Tricomin formula might actually inhibit hair growth? If this is true, should I switch to Folligen? I'm sure this has been discussed so I apologize for repeating but I need to know the TRUTH. Has anyone switched from Tricomin to Folligen and had better results? Thanks!

Cassin

Reaction score
1515 said:
from the Tricomin/Folligen thread and the skin biology webpage....

Point it out to me please. There are hundreds of Tricomin v Folligen pages and that Skinbiology site is a mess.

EDIT. Not trying to be difficult here, this is the first I have ever heard of a new Tricomin.

viperfish

Reaction score
nooc wrote:
This is from the article thin=depressed linked to in a recent post: http://www.skinbiology.com/hairregrowth.html

"Tricomin produces slightly more hair growth than minoxidil and produces thicker hair shafts than minoxidil. Unfortunately, the solution into which Tricomin has been recently formulated gives evidence of inhibiting hair growth. Users often report scalp irritation, itching and flaking. Tricomin Solution contains high levels of ethyl alcohol, detergent and also contains blue dye, all of which may irritate the scalp. This may reduce its overall hair growth effects."

I kinda had to laugh when I read this. We all know that Dr. Pickart (sp?) had a 'falling-out' of sorts with the Procyte corporation. All he is really saying here is, " Hey, don't buy Tricomin buy my products!".

The thing is that the specific peptide complex (alanine/histidine/lysine polypeptide copper hcl) that was specifically designed and that has been shown to work is found within tricomin and the american crew version. Dr. Pickart's folligen is a whole mix of peptides that he has thrown together and not specifically designed for. I don't think Pickart is even legally allowed to use the specific complex mentioned above because it is patented by the Procyte corporation. Many of the peptides found within folligen may be largely ineffective. They might be too large to even penetrate the scalp or might be totally ineffective (hence the left-over residue found on the scalp). The complex that is found within tricomin or american crew has been shown to work through a double-blind-placebo controlled test. It was designed and shown to be capable of penetrating the scalp and effectively addresses the needs at the follicle. Where is Pickart's proof that any of these other complexes really work?? I would take that statement with a grain of salt!

Pickart is also comparing the effectiveness of tricomin to 2% minoxidil and not the 5% version. We all know there is a difference there.

AASN:
There is no reason to worry about the alcohol found within the products.

Cassin

Reaction score
Ahhhhhh ok. Thanks Vipderfish.

I gotcha 1515, if you look on that site, he gives warnings to every type of shampoo and other hairloss products.

Dr Pickart is not fond of procyte....they had a NASTY and I mean NASTY fallout. Interesting story if you read about the take over.

Still, where is the new Tricomin?

Reaction score
i say "new" because the paragraph states, "recently formulated" so I was assuming they changed the formula...thanks guys...so stick with tricomin?

Cassin

Reaction score
1515 said:
i say "new" because the paragraph states, "recently formulated" so I was assuming they changed the formula

Oh ok, it has probably been some time since Dr Pickart has updated that paragraph. Skinbiology.com is so massive I bet there is still some untouched paragraphs since day one. Fantastic site with lots of good info, just confusing at times.

1515 said:
..so stick with tricomin?

Follow your gut with this one.

From my angle, I have used the following

Folligen cream
Folligen lotion
Folligen spray

American Crew Copper-Peptide Spray
American Crew shampoo/conditioner

Tricomin

They are all very good products. Personally I am sticking with Tricomin since it is not dark green (like folligen) and it dries clean. I would probably go back to folligen for a time if Dr Pickart would use detergents to clean up the color.

Old Baldy

Reaction score
viperfish said:
nooc wrote:
This is from the article thin=depressed linked to in a recent post: http://www.skinbiology.com/hairregrowth.html

"Tricomin produces slightly more hair growth than minoxidil and produces thicker hair shafts than minoxidil. Unfortunately, the solution into which Tricomin has been recently formulated gives evidence of inhibiting hair growth. Users often report scalp irritation, itching and flaking. Tricomin Solution contains high levels of ethyl alcohol, detergent and also contains blue dye, all of which may irritate the scalp. This may reduce its overall hair growth effects."

I kinda had to laugh when I read this. We all know that Dr. Pickart (sp?) had a 'falling-out' of sorts with the Procyte corporation. All he is really saying here is, " Hey, don't buy Tricomin buy my products!".

The thing is that the specific peptide complex (alanine/histidine/lysine polypeptide copper hcl) that was specifically designed and that has been shown to work is found within tricomin and the american crew version. Dr. Pickart's folligen is a whole mix of peptides that he has thrown together and not specifically designed for. I don't think Pickart is even legally allowed to use the specific complex mentioned above because it is patented by the Procyte corporation. Many of the peptides found within folligen may be largely ineffective. They might be too large to even penetrate the scalp or might be totally ineffective (hence the left-over residue found on the scalp). The complex that is found within tricomin or american crew has been shown to work through a double-blind-placebo controlled test. It was designed and shown to be capable of penetrating the scalp and effectively addresses the needs at the follicle. Where is Pickart's proof that any of these other complexes really work?? I would take that statement with a grain of salt!

Pickart is also comparing the effectiveness of tricomin to 2% minoxidil and not the 5% version. We all know there is a difference there.

AASN:
There is no reason to worry about the alcohol found within the products.

Oh for Godsakes!! Doctors can be just as petty as us can't they!!??

Tricomin is good stuff IMHO. I sprayed some on just 5 minutes ago and the wife and I are going out for a few drinks! That's how good I think Tricomin is. (I'm WAITING for her to GET READY!!) :lol: :lol:

Why do women take so long to clean themselves up?? :shock:

viperfish

Reaction score
I forgot to mention before, but some of the peptides found within folligen could potentially be 'better' than the specific complex found within tricomin. However, who really knows? I think rotating folligen and tricomin, like Cassin said, could be a good idea.

ShedMaster

Reaction score
you know, when I used tricomin, I didn't really notice much difference compared to folligen. I thought folligen was a great product but didn't like the way it tinted my scalp and hair because I'm blonde. I thought folligen was the superior product if not for the the messiness and color change. I am currently on folligen for blondes cream right now with emu oil and really like it up to this point. I will use it for a while before giving a full review, but I really think it is a good product so far even cosmetically.