copper peptides in NANO

Mircalegro

Established Member
Reaction score
Im afraid I may have to drop prox-n, I've got recurring red bumps appearing on my scalp accompanied with an itch. Back to tricomin for me I guess- which at least makes my scalp FEEL awesome, but does anyone know if the copper peptides provided by nano shampoo are anything to even get excited about?

Jacob

Reaction score
Dr P says they're something to get excited about :woot:

But I wanted to say..I agree with you on Tricomin. It was the first product I used years ago..and it felt goooooooood on my scalp.

Jacob

Reaction score
I didn't stick with it since at the time I wasn't patient enough..moved on to other things and just never put it back in my regimen. It's too bad after all these years they haven't added some things to the product or something.

smitysmity

Established Member
Reaction score
Mircalegro said:
Im afraid I may have to drop prox-n, I've got recurring red bumps appearing on my scalp accompanied with an itch. Back to tricomin for me I guess- which at least makes my scalp FEEL awesome, but does anyone know if the copper peptides provided by nano shampoo are anything to even get excited about?

I use the generic version of Prox-N and I also am receiving red bumps. I thought they'd go away but they haven't yet. How long were you using prox-n for?

As for Nano Shampoo, I use the generic as well and it works great. I actually think Nano is the best thickening shampoo out there and I have used Nizoral and Regenepure which are two better shampoos.

I agree that Tricomin hasn't done much. I use it more as a coolant for my head as when it gets itchy, a few sprays seem to fix that. However, I really need to find a custom SOD Solution Spray.

christer12

Reaction score
Mircalegro said:

I think you should stop treatment. You have a reaction to nanosome. Sounds like you have a very sensitive skin. Nanosomes are very aggressive. Liposphere technology are more suitable for sensitive scalp.

I recommend you to rather use DS Laboratories, Dandrene with Ketaconazole 1.03%..

Mircalegro

Established Member
Reaction score
i do have very sensitive skin, in fact in all the topical products ive tried, rogaine foam and tricomin (and NANO and Nizoral 1% to an extent if those count) seem to be the only things that dont give me this reaction, so im pretty well-versed in knowing when to drop a treatment. i also shed more on it (healthier hairs), so yeah i think im done with it.

but smity, i have been using it for a little over 2 weeks, twice a day, things started off bumpy (no pun intended) and then seemed to get better, only to come back with a vengeance these last few days. But i agree Nano (generic) is working well for me, seems a pretty decent shampoo with some great cosmetic thickening qualities

jacob- haha thanks, i wasnt getting my hopes up, but thought id check anyway, and yes the tricomin, if nothing else, FEELS amazing, and thats got to count for something- my scalp just felt better period when i was using it (but then again the prox-n could have just been making things feel worse lately)

Rogazzle

Established Member
Reaction score
^^^ What you are "feeling" is called menthol. You can put Vicks VapoRub on your scalp and it will feel just as amazing.

christer12

Reaction score
Mircalegro said:
i do have very sensitive skin, in fact in all the topical products ive tried, rogaine foam and tricomin (and NANO and Nizoral 1% to an extent if those count) seem to be the only things that dont give me this reaction, so im pretty well-versed in knowing when to drop a treatment. i also shed more on it (healthier hairs), so yeah i think im done with it.

but smity, i have been using it for a little over 2 weeks, twice a day, things started off bumpy (no pun intended) and then seemed to get better, only to come back with a vengeance these last few days. But i agree Nano (generic) is working well for me, seems a pretty decent shampoo with some great cosmetic thickening qualities

If you should you have a very sensitive skin and the skin sticks a little. Should you combine with cortisone lotion.

Like these.

Group VII: Hydrocortisone 2.5% lotion
Group VI: Desonide 0.05% lotion, Triamcinolone acetonide 0.025% lotion
Group V: Triamcinolone acetonide 0.1% lotion
Group IV: Mometasone furoate 0.1% lotion

Try the weakest formula frist as Hydrocortisone 2.5% lotion. If it is not satisfying enough for the irritation you should try a stronger. I use Mometasone furoate 0.1% lotion.

Mircalegro

Established Member
Reaction score
Thanks christer, im hoping that my scalp will return to its previous harmony after a day or 2 without the proxn, but if not ill look into the lotions you suggested...

Rogazzle, I know its the menthol, I use revivogen conditioner as well and it has mentol too...some seriously soothing stuff for me. But I use about 2 ml of tricomin a day so I figure that its gotta be contributing SOME scalp health benefit in addition to just feeling great. I know that prior to using proxn I used tricomin nightly and although the addition of finasteride helped a great deal for my scalp issues, tricomin made it feel even better, even the next day. Like I said, I don't.think I should.have ever dropped it

smitysmity

Established Member
Reaction score
Mircalegro said:

Generic seems the better deal for your buck as Dr. Proctor told me so I went with the generic. You're using Prox-N way to much. I am planning to do it once every other day now until the red bumps are gone and still looking at a custom more powerful SOD Solution.

Mircalegro

Established Member
Reaction score
yeah, i was definitely using it too much for my scalp's tolerance...

im gonna see what happens by just getting off it for a bit and using tricomin at night instead (like before). if things get better i may slowly reintroduce prox-n once a day or every other day even like you say and just stick to 10 drops period, while also sticking with the tricomin at night...

anyway, keep me updated if youd be so kind about what happens when you scale back your prox-n use (i assume you were using it more often before?), like i say i do wanna try it once more via a less aggressive approach, especially since i have most of a bottle left (EDIT: i think i forgot to mention that i am also using the generic)

in the mean time, just applied tricomin ~1.75 mL, god DAMN does the stuff feel good! :hump:

smitysmity

Established Member
Reaction score
I've been using Tricomin for 8 weeks now. It's a pretty weak solution in my opinion. As many have said, I'm surprised Tricomin hasn't come out with a more powerful version but my belief is that another company is branding Tricomin Spray and there isn't much demand for SOD Sprays with Copper Peptides.

Mircalegro

Established Member
Reaction score
its funny, because a more powerful solution (like the one in the studies) would probably sell relatively well if it showed results, especially since many are afraid of hopping on minoxidil in the first place...

regardless, i think im sticking with tricomin because i have noticed it does give my scalp a little extra something in terms of overall well-being (which like i said carries over into the next day)...which is good for peace of mind if nothing else, when my scalp feels shitty its all i can think about

smitysmity

Established Member
Reaction score
Mircalegro said:
its funny, because a more powerful solution (like the one in the studies) would probably sell relatively well if it showed results, especially since many are afraid of hopping on minoxidil in the first place...

regardless, i think im sticking with tricomin because i have noticed it does give my scalp a little extra something in terms of overall well-being (which like i said carries over into the next day)...which is good for peace of mind if nothing else, when my scalp feels shitty its all i can think about

There hasn't been any new advanced sprays out in years. My best guess is there simply isn't a "big" market for this stuff which is why I have come to the conclusion that the best SOD Spray Copper Peptide Solution is going to be a "custom" solution we make.

FYI we're working on finding that custom solution now but it's going to take 2 to 8 weeks of researching and communicating with companies.

christer12

Reaction score
I recommend you to be careful to strong products. If you have experienced irritation and redness you should break treatment.
The skin can be inflamed, some may get small pimples also, then you can get hair loss. Hair follicles can not withstand too much.

Wash your hair once a day, preferably a shampoo with a low percentage of Ketaconazole so you can use it daily. DHT is sebum and the hair can become fat of DHT. Keep the scalp clean and avoid too much irritation. Too much irritation increases DHT

Azelaic acid and retinol is great for reducing DHT. Azelaic do not irritates too much on the skin, but be careful to retinol.

Retinol and Azelaic acid opens the hair follicles.

You can try differently to see what's right for you. =)

Attachments

• sebum_2_24.jpg
    sebum_2_24.jpg
    26.5 KB · Views: 464

Fena2000

Established Member
Reaction score
^^^ What you are "feeling" is called menthol. You can put Vicks VapoRub on your scalp and it will feel just as amazing.

Is is it true Vicks Vaporub can regrow hair? Anybody tried this? Probably nonsense like the propolis.