copper peptides/alternatives to folligen?

l3sstalkmor3rock

Reaction score
unfortunately due to side effects from minoxidil and finasteride, I'm left with folligen spray and revivogen to hold back any further hair loss. fallout has decreased but I get a wee bit still. I'll probably invest in a topical spironolactone but I have a few questions concerning folligen.

1. out of the three, tricomin, folligen and the american crew spray, which of these is the best in terms of hair regrowth and scalp health?

2. out of the three, tricomin, folligen and the american crew spray, which of these leaves the least odor?

3. anything I can do to get rid of the horrible smell that folligen leaves?

4. since the folligen spray is in liquid form, could I simply use a dropper in order to apply the liquid?

Britannia

Reaction score
Hi. I use American Crew Revitalise system (shampoo/spray/conditioner) and its great! I was using Tricomin but changed to AC because I have used AC products before and their system is easier to get hold of in the UK. It smells MUCH better than Tricomin. AC also has loads of other goodies contained within it alongside copper peptides. My opinion AC revitalise = 8)

misterium

Reaction score
I don't like Folligen that much because it causes me irritation... too strong, even when dilluted (for me).

I prefer Tricomin because it's got some studies to back it, and because it provides a cooling sensation with the menthol it has. Very good leave-in conditioning also.

l3sstalkmor3rock

Reaction score
I never got any irritation, I just think it smells awful and leaves your hair all nasty. what's left of it. plus the damn bottle doesn't have any directions. I mean, come on!

misterium

Reaction score
The inventor Dr. Pickart has a website.. http://www.skinbiology.com .. Folligen is explained on that site.

It's more of a 'freestyle use' product.. meaning you can dillute half the bottle if you want, or use it anytime you want.. it is up to the user what they find comfortable.

l3sstalkmor3rock

Reaction score
well the funny thing is, as soon as I switched over to the american crew spray, I got intense shedding the following day. if they're both copper peptides, how could they really that different to cause that much of an impact?

hairwegoagain

Reaction score
I'd be willing to bet that your next-day shedding was coincidental.

l3sstalkmor3rock said:
well the funny thing is, as soon as I switched over to the american crew spray, I got intense shedding the following day. if they're both copper peptides, how could they really that different to cause that much of an impact?

l3sstalkmor3rock

Reaction score
one day, the usual 5-10 hairs, the next 50-100? I'm guessing that's not so natural right when I change my regimen, ya know?

blaze

Experienced Member
Reaction score
American Crew has less Copper Peptides than Tricomin. Folligen has more than them both.

I also believe that the tricomin currently sold does not have the same amount of CP's that the studies were done with.

I would stick with folligen.

Just use it at night if the smell bothers you.

l3sstalkmor3rock

Reaction score
looks like I'll just stick with the folligen, I'll just go with using the dropper for the liquid rather than the spray because then it gets ALL over the hair. not fun. that's really the more frustrating part.

goingoinbutnotgone

Established Member
Reaction score
Everyone seems to have their favorite topical. But no one seems to ever say that their topical is getting any results! They should work in theory, especially Copper Peptides, but I never saw a lick of difference since I added it to my topical regime. Probably a waste of money.