Cool showers might help

bobdue

Reaction score
I joined this site because I've worrying about shedding though I'm pretty sure I don't have male pattern baldness so I'll try to stop obsessing about it. In flipping through some of these posts I see that dry, irritated scalp can be a problem for people with hairloss. It just reminded me that when I had a big patch of dry skin on my arm, the doctor said to only take tepid showers. Keep the water cool and get in and out. Hot water really kicks up irritation and drying cause the heat strips oil off. He also said he thinks that is why so many people have dandruff. I'm gonna switch to cool showers and I thought it might help some people out here. Maybe my shedding could decrease a little if I'm lucky.

Slartibartfast

Reaction score
Definitely a good idea to wash your hair with cool water.

I'd always washed mine under a really hot shower, I continued to do so for the first few months that I used minoxidil and my scalp's itching became almost unbearable, on occasion I woke myself up by scratching my head 'til it bled :freaked: . Then I saw a post on a hair loss site saying how much of an irritant hot showers can be for your scalp - seems blindingly obvious in hindsight I know - so I switched to nice cool water, the itching subsided and hasn't bothered me since. :D

mak34

Reaction score
Cold showers are probably a good idea.But be carefull.If the water is too cold,and your head remains under it for too long,this can cause serious problems(even a stroke!).I am not saying this will happen to anyone who washes his head with cool water,but if you have a circulation problem that you are unaware off,you could :hairy: be in trouble.