Converting adult human cells to hair-follicle-generating stem cells

TheHandsomeLurker

Established Member
Reaction score
A true statement: we understand more about hair loss than ever before, and are continuing to gain more tools which may or may not form the basis for useful and highly effective treatments.

My baseless conjecture: I suspect male pattern baldness will be cured pretty darn soon (ten year time frame, roughly).

c_super2

Established Member
Reaction score
I believe baldness will be cured, the question is when. I believe it will be within our lifetimes.

2young2retire

Experienced Member
Reaction score
we should be realistic. i am 24 year old almost winning the male pattern baldness but i dont know on the long run .what i and you should also look for is a mechanical cure till i am 30. you know donor regen 100% plus high yield. dense packing and smp. we will be good to go. now till then we will have some kind of booster like histogen injections or replicel and some hi tech maintain topicals like cb etc. but lets be realistic injection cures are like 15 years away.and dont even talk about gene therapies.

i want to be 30 walk in a clinic and ask for 5000 grafts with all of them being regen in my donor. in 5 months repeat. in 5 months repeat once more. in 5 months do touch up then histogen then smp. then cb 03 01 shampoo. thats a realistic target for us friends.

K

karankaran

PROMISING. Thanks for posthing this.

I feel that there are several leads now , something that were not present earlier.

BTW i just read today that by dipping cells in an acidic solution, they could revert cells back to embryonic stem cell state or something. I hope we get a cure in 10 years.

hellouser

My Regimen
Reaction score
PROMISING. Thanks for posthing this.

I feel that there are several leads now , something that were not present earlier.

BTW i just read today that by dipping cells in an acidic solution, they could revert cells back to embryonic stem cell state or something. I hope we get a cure in 10 years.

Here's the major discovery youre talking about:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-25917270

TheHandsomeLurker

Established Member
Reaction score
Here's the major discovery youre talking about:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-25917270

That's kind of incredible, both scientifically and in how the article shrugs off the the fact that this was done with mice, not humans.

Mice are kind of weird in that we use them for all sorts of research, but so much of the findings don't work in humans. There are something like seven unique cures for diabetes in mice, none of which work for humans. Similarly, dermarolling is an effective treatment for hair loss in mice, because mice, unlike humans, express growth factors in response to wounding at much higher levels than humans do.

There is a bit of a disclaimer at the end:

But he added: "It does not bring stem cell-based therapy closer. We will need to use the same precautions for the cells generated in this way as for the cells isolated from embryos or reprogrammed with a standard method."

abcdefg

Reaction score
I would be more then happy to keep the hair I have on my head right now yet alone regrowing anything. This article can be filed away under decades in the future for any practical use and by then most of us will be too old

hellouser

My Regimen
Reaction score
maybe someday some sad bald **** will find the cure in his home lab..

Cure was found years ago by this guy:

lauster.jpg

DesperateOne

Banned
Reaction score
Finally some good news, it was getting kinda slow with no new breakthroughs recently, let's just hope we can get a few more.

hellouser

My Regimen
Reaction score
Finally some good news, it was getting kinda slow with no new breakthroughs recently, let's just hope we can get a few more.

To be honest, they could be screaming they've figured it out completely... all of it is meaningless bull**** until the findings are actually USED for our benefit. The day that we know we can schedule an appointment for a hair treatment is when we'll have actually some 'good' news.

K

karankaran

I do not have any option but to be optimistic. Else i feel sad if i do not think that in 10 years , there will be something.

I feel that not only we will get all our hair back but our youthful skin back coz of all these discoveries from wounding to stem cells. And we will live our 20s once again , what we lost or will loose. Or i am just an eternal optimistic fool.

Youcandoit

Established Member
Reaction score
I do not have any option but to be optimistic. Else i feel sad if i do not think that in 10 years , there will be something.

I feel that not only we will get all our hair back but our youthful skin back coz of all these discoveries from wounding to stem cells. And we will live our 20s once again , what we lost or will loose. Or i am just an eternal optimistic fool.

http://live.wsj.com/video/an-unexpe...5F.html#!42AD64E3-55CD-42B9-8964-69A76562C45F

unexpected find in stem cell research 1-30-2014

uncomfortable man

Reaction score
I don't know how many mice I've killed by derma rolling...