Control Gx Grey, Just For Men, How Goes It?

Esprit

Experienced Member
Reaction score
I know there is at least one guy using it on here, but are the chemicals not detrimental to hairloss, or are users doing OK with it?

Trichosan

My Regimen
Reaction score
Been using for a few months. I don't perceive any adverse effect on hair retention. I switched to the one with conditioner also. Hair less dry, more manageable. Downside of this product is it makes your hair color dark. My normal grayish light brown is brownish-black.

IdealForehead

My Regimen
Reaction score
Well you guys convinced me. Ordered a few bottles off Amazon. We'll see how it goes. I have dark hair already so darkening shouldn't be an issue.

Esprit

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Been using for a few months. I don't perceive any adverse effect on hair retention. I switched to the one with conditioner also. Hair less dry, more manageable. Downside of this product is it makes your hair color dark. My normal grayish light brown is brownish-black.

Oh wow, I didn't expect that, I was under the impression it wasn't like a dye and just did it gradually for the specific purpose that it doesn't look like you've dyed it. I saw decent results on YouTube, but they were lucky enough to be people who are not losing hair. Looked natural and in some cases not enough. I'd say I've got Med Brown hair, but with too much grey now coming through, but I'm also very diffuse and have to use Derm all over now. I did hear many say it stained the hands/bath. Are you finding that. It just made me think it's just a dye as opposed to Just For Men old school. Are you just using Mincx all over, or elsewhere, and how often do you used the minoxidil and the shampoo?

Good luck IdealFore, let us know how you get on.

Trichosan

My Regimen
Reaction score
The stuff will get under your finger nails looks like crap. Here's my ritual. I put an outline of vaseline around where I don't want stain on my face, forehead, sideburns and neck. Just a very thin film is all it takes. Put on nitrile gloves, jump in shower, work it into your hair, rinse gloves, grab soap, wash body, or just stand there and stare at wall, after a couple minutes or whatever, rinse shampoo off, rinse off gloves, grab clean wash cloth dry outside of gloves, pull them off so they are now inside out, toss them out on the floor to pick up later, take wash cloth, lather up soap and scrub vaseline off face or if you were previously staring at wall, wash rest of body too. Dry off, retrieve gloves for reuse next time. Approach mirror, comb hair, flex pecs a few times, check out how cool you look. That's it. Done.

Esprit

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Geez, I'm going to campaign to get that written on the side of the bottle. It's only right!

How often do you use that, and how often minoxidil?

Trichosan

My Regimen
Reaction score
Geez, I'm going to campaign to get that written on the side of the bottle. It's only right!

How often do you use that, and how often minoxidil?

Ha! Thanks. I use it every other day sometimes every couple days. minoxidil - everyday.

IdealForehead

My Regimen
Reaction score
I got my bottles today. I was about to use it in the shower and I read the allergy warning plastered all over it that you should test on your skin first for 48 hours, so I'm doing that.

Just wanted to say, it seems to be from what they say a Henna based dye. Henna is the dye people do this with:

79d1614c1cda4d20266121d49d85ee0a--henna-mandala-mandala-art.jpg

The bottle repeatedly says if you have had a reaction to Henna you can't use it.

That may be how it exerts a temporary effect and why it stains nails so badly. Henna would be expected to have those properties.

Trichosan

My Regimen
Reaction score
I think the full effect of the product takes a couple weeks of use to appear. Let us know what you think.

Esprit

Experienced Member
Reaction score
That's interesting, does that mean is not as chemically, isn't Henna more of a natural dye?

IdealForehead

My Regimen
Reaction score
That's interesting, does that mean is not as chemically, isn't Henna more of a natural dye?

Apparently hippie women used henna since the 70s as a hair dye.

From what I can tell, looking at it, it seems like a regular beige shampoo spinkled with black dots/grains of henna. But it's not just "straight henna" since it didn't dye my skin when I did the allergy patch test. Seems like it's "derived" from henna.

Anyway, it's not very strong stuff either way. Washed twice with it so far and I don't see any change. They say to leave it in 1 minute. I did 5 last night. I'll do 5 again tonight.

Maybe that's a good thing, as long as it works eventually. If I want to just "dye" my hair I can buy a hair dye. This is supposed to be more gradual/gentle.

IdealForehead

My Regimen
Reaction score
Well. Third time was the charm. Left it in 5-10 minutes tonight to see what would happen (as you can probably tell I don't have very good impulse control most of the time in my life) and hair just dried - barely a grey hair in sight. Looks pretty good. I look more "virile" without grey hair though I think grey hair looks distinguished, wizened, and weathered as well.

It's a cool trade. I look like I have so much more energy. I could go both ways on this - grey or black, grey or black, back and forth. Let's see if it fades as easily.

Esprit

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Wait, wait, you did this all on the same night? 5 shampoo washes previous night, and 3 following night?
But it's gradual yeh, not a McCartney ginger tinge? That's good then. Otherwise you'd just pick up a Just For Men dye job... if it was not subtle, That's supposedly the point of this one, not too unsubtle hopefully. You decided when to stop when it was wet so it shows through enough. There's only one version isn't there, so wonder how it works on all colours

IdealForehead

My Regimen
Reaction score
Very happy with it. Did 3 uses - first 1 min, second 5 min, third 5-10 min and my grays are mostly gone. My sister who has a better eye for color says it might have lightened my hair a bit (I have dark hair) but I don't notice it.

Tiny grays that are left are subdued. I'm satisfied. Super easy. I'll do this once or twice a week periodically.

Recommended.

Esprit

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the update, I'll check this out. My hair is getting so diffuse now, was worried about putting more chemicals in it.
I spent many many years peroxiding, and feel this has now caught up with me and caused a lot of my loss problems

IdealForehead

My Regimen
Reaction score
Thanks for the update, I'll check this out. My hair is getting so diffuse now, was worried about putting more chemicals in it.
I spent many many years peroxiding, and feel this has now caught up with me and caused a lot of my loss problems

If you're still losing hair you need to get on a better regimen. I don't think this will affect it either way.

Esprit

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Thanks, Yes, I'm still losing hair, depressingly, but drugs and prescriptions didn't agree with me, and am desperately seeking something that won't have any sides. Use Regenepure, DR and NT, and don't laugh, lasercomb, which is beyond useless. I think a year is long enough to know when Hairmax has had the last laugh on us. 3 times a week for 10 months

IdealForehead

My Regimen
Reaction score
Just wanted to post an update as I noticed something interesting. Used it once or twice more since Nov 6, when I last posted. My hair looked very dark and natural with barely any grey at all. Then I haven't used it for maybe 2 weeks and I was just noticing I'm getting a lot of greys becoming more evident again. I think I look about 70% as grey as when I started.

So this really is a temporary dye which is fantastic. Makes sense as I said since it seems to be henna derived and henna is also a temporary dye.

The nice thing of it working like this is you won't have grey "roots" growing out if you stop using it. Your greys will just naturally start becoming more grey again.

So the marketing is correct - you really can use it to the point of darkness or greyness you want, based on how often you apply. This could be fun also if you want to fluctuate the appearance of your hair as well over time.

Very happy for this. Thanks @Esprit for posting. I had been meaning to dye my greys for years but didn't know how to pick the right color and was worried I'd f*** it up or cause a reaction and lose hair. This is so quick and easy and for me creates great results, so unless a problem develops in the future, grey problem solved.

Esprit

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Nice one man! Glad you're getting decent results. I've got it now and will update on my experience. Having a rough old time with hair fall at the mo but will try this week