Contours tapes don't fit around the entire hairline, why? Contour vs mini tape?

Hair2019

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I've been experimenting with some contours tapes for my hairline, e.g. Walker Tape 'No Shine', Walker Tape 'Lace Front' etc. I might try 'Lace Front Thin' soon too. However, after buying some, I noticed that they're not long enough to fit around the entire hairline. They only go so far. I then have to either use additional tape or glue for the part of the hairline the contours don't cover (at the left and right sides). So I'm wondering, why don't tape manufacturers make contours that are wide/long enough to fit the entire hairline of most hair systems? Of course it depends how wide your hair system is, but they're not wide enough for my whole hairline. Should I try 'minis' instead? What is the difference between 'minis' and 'contour tape?

When I say 'contour' tape, I'm talking about the ones that look like the pic below (this is Walker Tape 'No Shine' contour tape with CC contour), with peelable backing on one side, then 2 peelable backing tape bit on the oher side. I presume these were intended to go in the middle of your hairline? But as I say, they're not long/wide enough, so there's an area at the sides of the hairline they don't cover:

Walker-Tape-No-Shine-CC-Contours-e1669133233195.jpeg