Continue Minoxidil After Hair Transplant (fue)

MxMa

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Had some good results with minoxidil but i started using it too late so i decided to do hair transplant to restore my hairline (minoxidil did nothing to that part of scalp) . I stopped minoxidil few months before transplant as my surgeon advised me so. Lost some gains on the top of my head for sure.
What do you think, should i start it again now after the hair transplant? Someone with simillar experience?

Warmer82

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Had some good results with minoxidil but i started using it too late so i decided to do hair transplant to restore my hairline (minoxidil did nothing to that part of scalp) . I stopped minoxidil few months before transplant as my surgeon advised me so. Lost some gains on the top of my head for sure.
What do you think, should i start it again now after the hair transplant? Someone with simillar experience?

You need to be on something, as you will still lose surrounding non transplanted hairs. You may also lose transplanted hairs over time.

Try oral minoxidil at a low dose, or try topical minoxidil with finisteride.

MxMa

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
You need to be on something, as you will still lose surrounding non transplanted hairs. You may also lose transplanted hairs over time.

Try oral minoxidil at a low dose, or try topical minoxidil with finisteride.

Yes i understand that. I have been on finasteride for few years and i managed to stop my hairloss. For now. But still think minoxidil could improve my hair.

Warmer82

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Yes i understand that. I have been on finasteride for few years and i managed to stop my hairloss. For now. But still think minoxidil could improve my hair.

Ive had a Fue on my hairline late last year. I take 1.25mg oral minoxidil daily. It definitely made the transplanted hair come through quicker. Its also halted my hair shedding. So for this I'm happy im taking it.