Contemplating HS but sides possibly too thin?

irishguy1989

My Regimen
Reaction score
i’ve had an FUE transplant in the past that has now left my sides quite patchy and light. I would love to try a hairsystem but i’m not sure it would suit me. The pics below show 4 weeks of growth (except for the face pic is just normal shaved down).

However if i was a good candidate do you have any tips for getting through the awkward stage of letting the hair grow out on the back and sides? I was told it would need to be 10 weeks of growth.

any advice or opinions would be appreciated.

Attachments

• 7C02E42E-FC98-4C62-9FF0-644D2F2D32FA.jpeg
    7C02E42E-FC98-4C62-9FF0-644D2F2D32FA.jpeg
    154.1 KB · Views: 247
  • C45A2ECC-1A1D-4055-B66E-6ED12D2A3F39.jpeg
    C45A2ECC-1A1D-4055-B66E-6ED12D2A3F39.jpeg
    172.2 KB · Views: 228
  • A62E1802-F5B2-48F1-AFED-043D54BAA700.jpeg
    A62E1802-F5B2-48F1-AFED-043D54BAA700.jpeg
    109.2 KB · Views: 246
  • B8BDAA3E-0E4B-4FD9-9AA3-4D7AD956C2DD.jpeg
    B8BDAA3E-0E4B-4FD9-9AA3-4D7AD956C2DD.jpeg
    105.8 KB · Views: 249

Selb

My Regimen
Reaction score
Have the system longer on the sides so it hangs over the sides of your head. Almost like a bowl cut mixed with an undercut.

smoka123

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
My recommendation is: stay as you are in the 4th picture. Maybe you can do this tatoo thing on your head, i don´t know the name yet.

smoka123

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Yes, you look good the way you are. You have the "head" to have very short hair.
Otherwise: Here in Germany where I live you can get one UTS System incl everything for 300-400 bucks. You can do that and decide if its much more better. I guess not

AxC123

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
My opinion, if i had your hair, I would try a light density system on top only, and let your front hairline growth ( see area circled) the most difficult thing with a HS is the hairline... I assume you are satisfied with your hairline and want to profit from your transplant investment system? If the case, then let front grow. If you are not ready to shave top center, you could try what is called a topper, which clipsto your bio hair, just to see if you like the look of hair on top. If you want something more solid, then shaving top and hairpiece would be way to go. Here is a video about clipon.
2021-06-12-16-21-59.jpg

If clipon not desired, i have seen many hairpiece videos on YouTube with guys keeping there front top hair

smoka123

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Don´t know whats the problem ?
With UTS you buy an "All inclusive" service. System, bonding, haircut.
It will last for some days / weeks on your head.
If you like it you can go on, if not, not

irishguy1989

My Regimen
Reaction score
Thanks for the advice all. I think i would go for a full hair system (rather than just a topper) that covers the front and crown. If i was to do an undercut with low density how long would i have to let the bio hair grow for? I’m trying to time it before going back to the office

fallendawn

My Regimen
Reaction score
You could consider a full cap if you find an undercut does not work for you. But far out feel like you could rock a bald head so well or something like smp but I get still wanting some hair so try a lighter density unit. Also considering you have good coverage on your temples, maybe just growing out the hair would make it look more full.

JaneyElizabeth

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
i’ve had an FUE transplant in the past that has now left my sides quite patchy and light. I would love to try a hairsystem but i’m not sure it would suit me. The pics below show 4 weeks of growth (except for the face pic is just normal shaved down).

However if i was a good candidate do you have any tips for getting through the awkward stage of letting the hair grow out on the back and sides? I was told it would need to be 10 weeks of growth.

any advice or opinions would be appreciated.
Microneedling might help those scars on the sides and help shrink them. Some people scar much more than others but microneedling heals scars even better than it grows hair but it might even heal those scars and make the tissue viable again. For people with failed transplants both on the sides and on top, you can see the scar tissue scab over little by little week after week. It will help heal your feelings about being botched too.

On many/some people, it is difficult to even locate the donor plugs because healing was so complete. I do my entire scalp.

Janey