Contacting Mew

Cassin

Reaction score
Wuffer said:
It’s an interesting idea, Cassin. Who would be in charge of putting together this sticky?.

I am not sure and I am trying to figure that out. I would like it to be someone who is both unbiased and passionate about the subject. Difficult combination.

What I don't want is discussion on the thread...just facts.

Cassin

Reaction score
Enden said:
To those who're NOT experiencing any problems with Propecia, how do you think you'll be able to help people that do? By comforting them with statistics and the power of the nocebo effect? Propecia has obviously not been studied properly, so you better keep information from Merck and the FDA out of this.

And the above quote is why I want to find someone unbiased.

Thanks anyway Enden.

Cassin

Reaction score
Wuffer said:
Enden brings up a good point: would this sticky be geared towards helping individuals with existing side effects, or act as a resource for people considering Finasteride treatments? Or both?

Just links with no purpose other than inform. No intention of supporting or denying any ideas.

I want to just help keep studies and links for anything side effect related in one link as a reference. I was thinking we would post the abstract and the link to the larger study. What people take from it is up to them. Just anything that has to do with side effects.

Brasileirao

Experienced Member
Reaction score
I'm super worried now, been taking it since March of 2004. I do have a hard time getting an erection right now but I can get it and I do ejaculate. I want to take a 2 week break to see what happens. What do you guys think? I'm also worried about the permanent side effects mentioned on the site. I did not develop male breast so that is somewhat encouraging. :D

Thoughts? What can I do to check and see if things will return to normal after stop using?

I think this lawsuit is going to be huge!

Ende

Reaction score
cassin, why don't you write the article yourself? You're not going to find someone who's unbiased. Mew has been fucked by the drug. Those who haven't - but still are interested in this topic, are using the drug themselves without any problems, and have faith in the studies that were done by Merck.

That said, I don't see the point in doing this, unless the motivation is to help people that experience side effects from Propecia to avoid PFS.

Cassin

Reaction score
Enden said:
cassin, why don't you write the article yourself?

What article? There is no article.

I am just trying to see if anyone would be interested in a master list of links that aren't slanted pro or con towards finasteride related.

Enden said:
and have faith in the studies that were done by Merck.

Well that would be a biased article would it not? If you weren't so cynical you would be able to see what has been said.

Enden said:
That said, I don't see the point in doing this

Then this is for other people.

Brasileirao

Experienced Member
Reaction score
The only thing I currently have while on finasteride is watery seemed and not as hard erection. No Gyno and my testosterone levels were normal. That being said. Would Gyno be a definite YES to PFS? I'm stopping the drug for 2 weeks to see if my erections return to normal and lack of libido. Been on this crap for 7 years. I hope to God I didn't damage my body. I've recently developed some anxiety that I can't shake off. Can anyone please kindly answer?

Prop

Established Member
Reaction score
cassin said:
Just links with no purpose other than inform. No intention of supporting or denying any ideas.

u could open 2 different areas where all people(biased in one or other way) could post only studies without commenting

1 merck studies

2 non merck
2 a "positive" finas effects
2 b "negative" finas eff

then someone will categorize - organize

Rawtashk

Reaction score
Brasileirao said:
I'm super worried now, been taking it since March of 2004. I do have a hard time getting an erection right now but I can get it and I do ejaculate. I want to take a 2 week break to see what happens. What do you guys think? I'm also worried about the permanent side effects mentioned on the site. I did not develop male breast so that is somewhat encouraging. :D

Thoughts? What can I do to check and see if things will return to normal after stop using?

I think this lawsuit is going to be huge!

So, after 8 years you think that finasteride must be the problem? Have you talked to your doctor about the issue? I feel like there have been a lot of changes in your life in the past 8 years, and some of them might be the cause of problems.

Don't be so quick to accuse.

Wuffer

Experienced Member
Reaction score
I found a great article here:

http://www.idoj.in/article.asp?issn=222 ... ast=Mysore

It examines many of the existing studies and discusses the topic of sexual side effects in clear terms that everybody can understand. Some of you might come back and say "i'm not trusting anything that comes out of India" but all the citations are there and you can check the data yourself. I think for someone considering Finasteride therapy, this would be a great place to go for weighing out the pros and cons of treatment.