Consultation Is Completed. Now Is Decision Time.

KO21

Established Member
Reaction score
So I had my Rahal consultation today. I am quoted 1700 grafts to fill in my temples to a NW1.5-2 and reinforce my forelock. I will not be lowering my hairline.

My donor isn't as great as others due to minor retrograde on the sides, however I will have enough leftover grafts for another big procedure down the road if need be. I was said to be a good candidate at this time.

I think I am going to go for it. Stay tuned for further info. I will document my whole procedure here for everyone if it happens.

buckthorn

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
So I had my Rahal consultation today. I am quoted 1700 grafts to fill in my temples to a NW1.5-2 and reinforce my forelock. I will not be lowering my hairline.

My donor isn't as great as others due to minor retrograde on the sides, however I will have enough leftover grafts for another big procedure down the road if need be. I was said to be a good candidate at this time.

I think I am going to go for it. Stay tuned for further info. I will document my whole procedure here for everyone if it happens.

you can't go wrong with Rahal!!

dunno

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Very nice, cant go wrong indeed. How much does he charge by the graft?

KO21

Established Member
Reaction score
Very nice, cant go wrong indeed. How much does he charge by the graft?

About 7.50 per graft. FUE.

Will be 13,300 Canadian total. After tax and 1000.00 off due to commuting from far.

KO21

Established Member
Reaction score
February 9th is the day !

Anyone with Rahal experience care to share their experience so I know what to expect?

barfacan

Experienced Member
Reaction score
wow, you got an appointment in three months?

Do you know if he does all the implanations himself, or do his techs do it?

KO21

Established Member
Reaction score
Yeah I was surprised! He only had two days left for FUE in February.

Rahal does the incisions 'the artistic stuff', the rest is his staff.

barfacan

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Did you go over there personally, or was the consultation online? What N/W are you at currently?

KO21

Established Member
Reaction score
I sent in pictures online and was deemed a candidate. Then had an in person consultation with a rep in Toronto who confirmed my candidacy and gave me my quoted grafts and price after inspecting my hair and balding pattern.

I'm listed as between Norwood 2 and 3 with them. So 2.5?

barfacan

Experienced Member
Reaction score
I see, and i assume you were instructed to use finasteride at the least, and probably warned that your balding would possibly continue onwards... It's also a good idea you aren't planning on lowering the hairline

Can't go wrong with Rahal though, i keep hearing he's one of the best. I also live in Toronto and pondering an hair transplant. Similar position as you are if i recall your story; receded front, diffusing crown, retrograde sides/back, very shitty family history....We really do need better maintenence treatments. With all of that said, i think you should reconsider the option of using topicals, because there's some possibility that this new 'brotzu' lotion may provide indefinite maintenance, if you couple that with hair transplants, you're essentially 'cured'.

I'm currently using Dr. Proctors expensive proxiphen (which contains minoxidil, spironolactone, a bunch of other growth stimulants) and im seriously hoping for at least maintenence. Essentially the only thing stopping me from immediately booking an hair transplant is the strong possibility of further loss which will require more surgery and the possibility of running out of grafts, doubly so with poor donor. Make sure you document your story, wish you all the best!

KO21

Established Member
Reaction score
Yeah im holding onto my crown and mid scalp with proscar. Been on 11 months now. Had my ups and downs but I believe it's helping. My hairline is the only thing I can't really get under control so I'm going to fix that and reinforce my forelock Shaving my head for the procedure. Going to quit smoking and add rogaine after the procedure and continue with proscar forever. I have enough grafts left over for another big procedure down the road and am getting a very conservative hairline predicting further loss. Essentially I am buying myself time and getting a frame for my face for the long run. I am not looking for a miracle with this procedure whatsoever.

I will document for sure. And thank you for your wishes.