Constantly Pulling Back And Obsessing Over Hairline, Can It Cause Further Recession Loss?

livinginfear93

My Regimen
Reaction score
I know for a fact I have BDD. I do have recession but it isn't bad at all for my age (24). Yet I still obsess over it and am constantly pulling it back and checking it in the mirror, at least 10 times a day, probably more some days. Can this kind of obsessive pulling cause further hairloss or does it really just come down to genetics? It's almost like I have a form of the trichtomania (or whatever) except I don't actually pull out any hair. I tell myself to stop, and yet I fail time and time again. It's almost like I'm an alcoholic but with checking my hairline

Last edited:

mr_robot

Experienced Member
Reaction score
I know for a fact I have BDD. I do have recession but it isn't bad at all for my age (24). Yet I still obsess over it and am constantly pulling it back and checking it in the mirror, at least 10 times a day, probably more some days. Can this kind of obsessive pulling cause further hairloss or does it really just come down to genetics? It's almost like I have a form of the trichtomania (or whatever) except I don't actually pull out any hair. I tell myself to stop, and yet I fail time and time again. It's almost like I'm an alcoholic but with checking my hairline

traction alopecia

Roberto_72

My Regimen
Reaction score
Stop it

StevenDex

My Regimen
Reaction score
Yeah, try to avoid it, I had a friend biting his nails very compulsively and eventually started to wear gloves lol.. in the he got rid of this bad habit, so try to replace your particular action or preventing by doing something else

biddybomb

Experienced Member
Reaction score
yeah it really can but its unlikely if you are just using ur hand to pull it back. I had to stop obsessively checking my hairline with a comb because I was worried about the same thing. I see lots of girls oblivious to their NW2 traction alopecia temples due to having it tied back in a tight bun. Not good for the follicles.

rclark

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score

It is bad for your hair.

I do the same things with pimples, all OVER my back.

Now, my back looks like ISIS land that had TOO many chopped HEADS on it.

You need to get yourself involved in POSITIVE HOBBIES IN LIFE. Like sending poor people money. By the way, did I mention I AM A VERY POOR PERSON FROM INDIA.

Let ME Email YOU so you can SEND ME LOTS OF MONEY TO my address, please. Just send me your CREDIT CARD information and SECURITY number on the back.

Sincerely,

@rclark

livinginfear93

My Regimen
Reaction score
lol at some of the replies. You guys get it. It's a damn sickness and I gotta replace it with another sickness. Pray for me

Dsport

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Don't beat yourself up.

Effexxor might help.

Yeah, try to avoid it, I had a friend biting his nails very compulsively and eventually started to wear gloves lol.. in the he got rid of this bad habit, so try to replace your particular action or preventing by doing something else

SkriptedSmoke

My Regimen
Reaction score
I'm 18 years old and I don't know if I'm balding or if my hairline is just maturing I'm currently not taking anything to combat it. I do know that my mom's father is bald I believe he is a Norwood 6 and my father has no hairloss that I know of maybe a bit of recession but that's about it if anyone can please help me out I'd very much so appreciate it

Attachments

• IMG_3437.JPG
    IMG_3437.JPG
    62 KB · Views: 323
  • IMG_3436.JPG
    IMG_3436.JPG
    61.5 KB · Views: 341

abcdefg

Reaction score
I dont really believe in traction alopecia. Head hair is exactly like body hair or facial hair. Have you tried pulling out body hair before? I mean its ridiculously strong and rooted in there like crazy. If pulled out it simply grows back. Normal healthy head hair is exactly the same. Nothing you really do short of getting your hair caught in a lawn mower blade or something is going to literally rip your hair out to the point it cant grow back.
Why does head hair come out easier or not grow back? male pattern baldness, seb derm other issues. Its not from some tension on hair or styling it or wearing hats. IMO your obsession is not good, but not harming anything