Considering using minoxodil - Seeking Advice

Call of Doobie

Reaction score
Greetings Friends,

Long-time reader, first-time poster. Obviously, what brings me here is the same as you - i'm loosing my hair.

I'm considering the possibility of starting to use minoxodil. However, I am unsure and seek advice. Whilst the effectivness of minoxodil makes it a tempting weapon of choice, if I go down that path, it's invariably a life-long one. Furthermore, being only age 20, the prospects of using a drug everyday are unsettling. Such as, the long term side effects, not only on myself, but possibly passed on to my children? (if I have any).

What is your story?
What is life on minoxodil like?
Will my moods/emotions be altered in anyway?
Are there any side effects? - Cancer? Long-term?
Would you recommend it?

Thank you.

Wolfgard

Reaction score
Hi there.

I started using Rogaine foam 2 month ago because after 6 years of good Propecia results, my hairloss has enhanced (I'm 32 y.o.) . Not sure if the minoxidil results would be positive due to short usage time. What I can say for sure is only what I got so far:
1. Lots of tiny hairs under my current hairline where I had hair previously but not strong terminal hair so far.
2. No massive shedding, just regular loss.
3. Increase of face hair growth on chicks and eyebrows, not in Neanderthal level but definitely more than I had before.
4. The procedure is definitely a hassle. I use it all on the hairline, temples, and top - all the hair loss area so it takes 15 minutes in the morning and evening to apply. I didn't used liquid type but I guess it's even worth.
5. Each time I apply, I lose few hairs because of rubbing the foam in to scalp.
6. Don't know if you plan to apply in small area or the entire upper scalp like me. If so prepare to spend twice more than you thought.
7. Future plans : not to use Moinox for lifetime, just until better treatment will be developed.

Summary: too early to tell so I will use it for a year to decide.