Considering Starting Minoxidil Again, But Have Some Questions

Raksha

My Regimen
Reaction score
So I’ve been using minoxidil off and on for the past 2 years and haven’t had much success with it.

I’ve quit min for various reasons, mostly money and lack of results. I initially thought I wasn’t having results because I was using min once a day. The longest I’ve been on min was maybe 5 months.

The last time I tried minoxidil I was successfully using it twice a day pretty much daily. I did this for 4-5 months and my dandruff was HORRIBLE. Nizoral wasn’t helping at all so I decided to stop until my dandruff went away.

It’s been about 3 weeks now and I’m wondering how to go about starting again if at all. So I have a couple of questions.

Firstly how do I keep dandruff from getting so bad? Also would the bad dandruff stop me from getting results from min?

I’m thinking maybe I need to massage min into my scalp? Normally when I apply min I just put it directly on my scalp. Also I try to use liquid because I have diffuse pattern and I grow my hair longer.

Any suggestions on what I can do differently? Also I’ve been using finasteride for a year. So I’m wondering if I even should start minoxidil again.

Mk321

My Regimen
Reaction score
So I’ve been using minoxidil off and on for the past 2 years and haven’t had much success with it.

I’ve quit min for various reasons, mostly money and lack of results. I initially thought I wasn’t having results because I was using min once a day. The longest I’ve been on min was maybe 5 months.

The last time I tried minoxidil I was successfully using it twice a day pretty much daily. I did this for 4-5 months and my dandruff was HORRIBLE. Nizoral wasn’t helping at all so I decided to stop until my dandruff went away.

It’s been about 3 weeks now and I’m wondering how to go about starting again if at all. So I have a couple of questions.

Firstly how do I keep dandruff from getting so bad? Also would the bad dandruff stop me from getting results from min?

I’m thinking maybe I need to massage min into my scalp? Normally when I apply min I just put it directly on my scalp. Also I try to use liquid because I have diffuse pattern and I grow my hair longer.

Any suggestions on what I can do differently? Also I’ve been using finasteride for a year. So I’m wondering if I even should start minoxidil again.

I had a similar experience i quit minoxidil 2 weeks ago sevier itching flaky dandruff i dont want to get back on it its not helping me its only causing more trouble.i would suggest if u r a Nw2.5 or less u should not think of going back anyway that is my opinion u can consult from other experienced member.

Raksha

My Regimen
Reaction score
I had a similar experience i quit minoxidil 2 weeks ago sevier itching flaky dandruff i dont want to get back on it its not helping me its only causing more trouble.i would suggest if u r a Nw2.5 or less u should not think of going back anyway that is my opinion u can consult from other experienced member.
I’m sorry man, the dandruff is definitely a pain. I’m at a Norwood 1.5-2. My problem is I’m diffuse thinning so the top of my head is fairly thin. At least I can grow it out and it looks better. I still have to use a little toppik though :/

vinn

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I recommend using rubber gloves for application so none gets absorbed into your fingers. I use the tips of my fingers to rub it in to the scalp between the hairs, since I also have some diffuse thinning.

Raksha

My Regimen
Reaction score
I recommend using rubber gloves for application so none gets absorbed into your fingers. I use the tips of my fingers to rub it in to the scalp between the hairs, since I also have some diffuse thinning.
Awesome! I’ll definitely try that. Have you had any issues with dandruff on min? I don’t think it’s actually dandruff because it doesn’t feel flaky. I’m thinking it’s dry min on my scalp

vinn

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Awesome! I’ll definitely try that. Have you had any issues with dandruff on min? I don’t think it’s actually dandruff because it doesn’t feel flaky. I’m thinking it’s dry min on my scalp

I haven't but I only use it once a day before bed, foam type