Considering hair transplant

fixmyhead

Reaction score
I think I'm a Norwood 2.5 and was thinking of doing ~2500 grafts to fix my hairline. Ive never done any treatments at all because i really would just like to get the best and permanent result. I realize that I will have to take treatments after the surgery and thats fine. Is 2500 grafts going to be enough to get my hairline back to natural? If anyone knows what a pompadour I would like to have that look some day.

Another question is, how does the cost work? Do most surgeons offer a payment plan? Do most of you get a loan or just pay with cash or credit card? That's my biggest concern because I want to start this as soon as possible but I don't have $5000 on hand. Thanks everyone.

Attachments

• IMG_0131 copy.jpg
    IMG_0131 copy.jpg
    90.2 KB · Views: 192
  • IMG_0130.jpg
    IMG_0130.jpg
    91 KB · Views: 198
  • IMG_0132.jpg
    IMG_0132.jpg
    90.8 KB · Views: 219
  • IMG_0133.jpg
    IMG_0133.jpg
    89.8 KB · Views: 207

Stephen788

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I'm assuming most clinics do the same as mine, and have a medical loan partner. Mine offered a 0% interest for 10 months which is relatively easy for anyone to save $5000. As for treatment start it now, you want to be on it atleast a few months before surgery to see if your unfortunate to get side affects. I'm very sure you won't but if you do then getting 2500 grafts on your hairline isn't the best idea, because you'll have a dense area on your hairline with a thinning scalp.

fixmyhead

Reaction score
How many grafts are you thinking then for my first hair transplant? 1500? 1000? I want my hair to be thick one day so if that means thick at the front for my first hair transplant and then thick in the rest on my other hair transplant the next year or something I would be fine with that. Maybe someone like shookwun or fred can chime in.

my crown is obviously thinning...will minoxidil and finasteride thicken that up a good amount to where i shouldnt feel the need to get a hair transplant and fix it?

- - - Updated - - -

Also, is neograft not a good route to take? a local surgeon does that type of transplant and was wondering the success rate