Considering hair transplant at early stage...help me out

EasyEd

Established Member
Reaction score
Hello All,

I'm 24 years old and still have all of my hair. I am, however, starting to notice some thinning in the crown area and am starting to lose hairs in the showers and seeing some on my pillow and such. Anyway, I am seeking a permanent solution but don't want to until I am noticibly bald or really, really thin up top. Is it possible to do a transplant at a stage as early as where I am. I don't have any pics but I have a full head of hair, but like I said, it's beginning to thin and shed so I know the inevitable baldness is on the way. I am considering seeing Dr. Armani or Shapiro for FUE but don't know if I can do it at the point I am at right now. Can anyone help me or give me any advice? Also, I read somewhere that Stem Cell Research will one day cure baldness, does anyone know anything about this? I'm obviously new to this game so hello to everyone and please help me out in any way you can. Thanks everyone!

EasyEd

Established Member
Reaction score
Hey Sublime, thanks for the quick reply...I am obviously new to this and don't want to seem ignorant but what's HM? Why is it not coming out for 5 years? Is this a accurate estimate of time or just a guess? Any info would be helpful since I know nothing about it. Thanks.

HairlossTalk

Reaction score
Ed - did you see his main suggestion? Propecia is the only thing indicated for you at this stage of hair loss, and I can tell you firsthand, that Propecia alone (plus Nizoral shampoo) will give you a good 7 to 10 years of a totally full head of hair, if you start it today and ride out the sheds.

Unfortunately, you're going to be declined for any surgical procedure if you brought it to Shapiro or any of these guys. The reason is you will continue to lose hair after you've had your procedure, and you'll end up with patches of hair that does not fall out, while the rest around it does. Its just not wise or logical.

HM is more properly termed "Follicle Multiplication" and is a cloning technology that is still being researched by Bosley and other organizations. Its many years off, and even then, the reality is the same, you will need to use preventative treatments for several years before bothering with it, unless you plan to go in and get it done every single year. The cost would make that technique prohibitive however.

HairLossTalk.com

s.a.f

Reaction score
EasyEd said:
Hello All,

I'm 24 years old and still have all of my hair. I am, however, starting to notice some thinning in the crown area and am starting to lose hairs in the showers and seeing some on my pillow and such. Anyway, I am seeking a permanent solution but don't want to until I am noticibly bald or really, really thin up top. Is it possible to do a transplant at a stage as early as where I am. I don't have any pics but I have a full head of hair, but like I said, it's beginning to thin and shed so I know the inevitable baldness is on the way. I am considering seeing Dr. Armani or Shapiro for FUE but don't know if I can do it at the point I am at right now. Can anyone help me or give me any advice? Also, I read somewhere that Stem Cell Research will one day cure baldness, does anyone know anything about this? I'm obviously new to this game so hello to everyone and please help me out in any way you can. Thanks everyone!

Its easy to panic when you first notice that you are suffering from hairloss at this point you do not realise how good the situation still is you only emphasise how bad the loss is. To be honest I believe that its unwise to opt for surgery before at least NW3, and then only when you are sure that meds are maintaining the hair you have left. Get on treatments for now and believe me in a few years time you will be much more comfortable with any small degree of hairloss. (I know this is hard to believe right now) So many guys have made the mistake of trying to hold onto their youthfull hairline with a hair transplant only to have it come back on them later when they are stuck in a cycle of needing more work done.