Considering Generic Avodart (Duprost VS Dutagen VS Dutas)

kir

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
What are your experiences with the generics as oppose to Avodart?

Sure, they all have the same active chemical so they must give the same results. but people on these forums have reported losing ground when switching to generics or nothing getting results at all (i.e. RoyD)?

Avodart local pharmacy (6 month supply) - $383USD
Dutas UP (6 month supply) - $184USD
Duprost UP - $198USD
Dutagen UP - $198USD

With these figures it is clear why I'm considering the switch to generics.

whatevr

My Regimen
Reaction score
As long as you get it at a legit source I see no reason why it wouldn't work. Yes, Glaxo's Avodart is expensive AF.
Even the generics are expensive AF because dutasteride is pretty cheap to manufacture. So, I don't know who makes those prices, it's a rip-off either way...
Finding a legit supplier for raw dutasteride powder would be the most economically sound thing to do.

Reactions: kir

swanny

Reaction score
Hi I have been on the double a regime for 18 months and it works!! Need to buy more avodart. Can someone recommend the best online pharmacy to buy avodart ?? I'm assuming dutagen from inhouse pharmacy is the same ?? Ie it's gel capsules you can squeeze . Any help will be great. God bless !

BaldingHelpMe

Established Member
Reaction score
Sorry double A. Avodart and aloe vera topical. Best thing I've done

I'm also doing this Avordart + Aloe vera gel topical experiment. How do you apply it and how long do you let it stay on your hair before rinsing it off? I only let it stay for 15 minutes during shower, then rinse off.

Do you also take dutasteride orally?

cyrusthegreat@hotmail.com

Established Member
Reaction score
Sorry double A. Avodart and aloe vera topical. Best thing I've done

Hey. Have a few questions I hope you can help with plz.

What concentration of dutasteride in aloe are you using?

Where on your head are you losing hair?

Where have you been applying AA?

Where have you experienced regrowth or stabilization?

Have you experienced any sides?

Did you lose hair anywhere after starting AA that hasn't regrown?

Thank you.

swanny

Reaction score
Hi all. I use 1 capsule a week. I actually leave it on my head. Don't rinse. Saw regrowth after 6 weeks. Was like a wow !! Then for the next year it was pretty much the same and then the last 6 months it has improved quite a bit. Works everywhere but slower on the crown. I think the first place you lose hair on your head the longer it takes. Hope it helps.

horunger

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Hi all. I use 1 capsule a week. I actually leave it on my head. Don't rinse. Saw regrowth after 6 weeks. Was like a wow !! Then for the next year it was pretty much the same and then the last 6 months it has improved quite a bit. Works everywhere but slower on the crown. I think the first place you lose hair on your head the longer it takes. Hope it helps.
So topical dutasteride is your thing, and only once a week. It applies to you even more than others then: DUTASTERIDE has very low halflife in small concentrations, only 3 days, no cumulative effect like you will have on frequent dosing, and possible no effect. AS you said yourself, "for the next year it was pretty much the same", thats a very long stagnation period and could be a good reason to dismiss your results as a placebo effect.

Increase your duta frequency, i know i would.

horunger

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
What are your experiences with the generics as oppose to Avodart?

Sure, they all have the same active chemical so they must give the same results. but people on these forums have reported losing ground when switching to generics or nothing getting results at all (i.e. RoyD)?

Avodart local pharmacy (6 month supply) - $383USD
Dutas UP (6 month supply) - $184USD
Duprost UP - $198USD
Dutagen UP - $198USD

With these figures it is clear why I'm considering the switch to generics.
No need to discourage people so I want to add that this post is half a year old and even at the time these prices werent representative, in western europe you can have 180 Avodart 0.5 capsules for $210 over the counter in a regular pharmacy when buying them in 90-packs. Well kinown fact that western europe is very expensive but still avodart is fairly affordable, if you can get a prescription that is. Philippines is also notorious for high prices on imported stuff but Avodart cost me only like $1 a piece. Dont let the prices stated in this thread scare you guys, its not that bad.

Kidbako

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I just picked up my first prescription for dutasteride at cvs..cost me $5.00 for month supply instead of the 140$ . If you have a legit prescription you have to use blink health card..pay online and pick up at pharmacy.

horunger

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I just picked up my first prescription for dutasteride at cvs..cost me $5.00 for month supply instead of the 140$ . If you have a legit prescription you have to use blink health card..pay online and pick up at pharmacy.
IF avodart did cost 140 a month i would agree, but it cost only $30-33 a month, and less than $40 over the counter. Your 140 isnt representative, of course noone would pay that high overprice, its nearly 5 times more than the real price.

Kidbako

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
IF avodart did cost 140 a month i would agree, but it cost only $30-33 a month, and less than $40 over the counter. Your 140 isnt representative, of course noone would pay that high overprice, its nearly 5 times more than the real price.
Depends on your insurance..cash price was 140$ at cvs..call them and ask. I couldn't use my normal insurance due to Kaiser not the one giving my prescription so I had to get creative. Good luck

Ruby

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
If you're not afraid of DIY, then a 30 day supply of Dutas from ADC is like $22 plus shipping from India.