Considering Fue - Hairpalace Based In Budapest - Really Cheap Prices

hopingbutfearing

My Regimen
Reaction score
I have been losing my hair since around 24/25 so I’ve had a severe case of MBP. Now at 34, I am totally bald. I tend to clean shave my head pretty every day/2 days.

I’ve contemplated getting a FUE transplant and I may finally now be in the position to do it. I’m fairly dark skinned guy, tall and many have said before I have the head shape for a bald guy so if I did mention to anyone personally that I was considering a hair transplant they would think I’m crazy and shouldn’t bother as I don’t look that bad either way. However, the major issue and why I want to get it done is because it has affected my attractiveness regardless. I got plenty of attention when I had hair but now I’ve noticed less attention. I do think since I’ve lost my hair and have gone bald, my dating prospects have taken a knock despite the fact that I’ve been told I still good without hair. I’m sure many of you will relate to this but that’s a story for another time. If I had met the right woman by now this wouldn’t be an issue.

Anyway, I need your input and advice on who and where to go for a FUE because this is of course is the crucial decision before anything else. I’m only looking for potentially around 1000-2000 hairs FUE near the front/medium density to create a buzzcut look. So hardly a major overhaul but still enough to make a difference? Do you think this is worth it?

I live in the UK and from doing my own research I understand that some of the best clinics and surgeons are based in Turkey, Hungary and a few other eastern European countries. I made contact with a few, one said that I didn’t even have enough donor hairs for a transplant and the other, a clinic in Belgium run by Dr Reys which looked very decent but after numerous emails, I never received a response.

I was contacted by one company called Hair Palace, a clinic based in Budapest. Has anyone had experience with them? Their prices seem amazing and even more so, their reviews are virtually flawless, with nearly everyone commenting on how great they are. The prices are so low possibly due to the exchange rate and Hungary is substantially cheaper than most of Europe.

It also mentions about blood tests that need to be done, is this something that’s done normally for all transplants? What exactly is tested?

hopingbutfearing

My Regimen
Reaction score
back.jpg
front.jpg
side.jpg

hopingbutfearing

My Regimen
Reaction score
Ok attached photos are front, side and back as you can see. Keep in mind this is with my hair grown out slightly, think around a month or so. I usually go clean shaved every day but I did this about 2 years ago just to figure out my hairline.
I've outlined the faint circle on the front picture as the area that I would ideally like to be filled. How many hairs do you think I would need just for that area?

spring15

My Regimen
Reaction score
I don't think its worth it for you. Too much area to cover, parts of your donor look slightly diffused too

SteveTabernack

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
I'm sorry to say this, but it is as over as it can get for you.

Only thing you can potentially do is look in to a hair system + some SMP for your thinning sides

hopingbutfearing

My Regimen
Reaction score
Yeah I had this feeling this would be the case. Clearly I have had a very severe case of male pattern baldness. However, there are other totally bald guys who have had successful FUE operations like Brian Urlacher quite recently.
Does it look like I simply don't have enough donor hair, even for say, 1000 hairs? I'd settle for that.
I'm not getting a hair system or anything else other than FUE. I don't want some fake, artificial crap.

I booked an apt with HairPalace in 2 weeks for a consultation so will see what they say.

SteveTabernack

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Yeah I had this feeling this would be the case. Clearly I have had a very severe case of male pattern baldness. However, there are other totally bald guys who have had successful FUE operations like Brian Urlacher quite recently.
Does it look like I simply don't have enough donor hair, even for say, 1000 hairs? I'd settle for that.
I'm not getting a hair system or anything else other than FUE. I don't want some fake, artificial crap.

I booked an apt with HairPalace in 2 weeks for a consultation so will see what they say.

Thing is, even your donor hair is harshly affected.

Sure, you could get a 1000 grafts from that donor but what the hell is that gonna do for such a large area balding area? There will be no coverage and It's gonna look very strange

Murkey Thumb

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
No you are not a good candidate unfortunately, so do your self a favour and look at different options.

1000grafts/2000 hairs would look horrible as its just enough to cover about 2 x 50pence worth of hair coverage. You would need about 8000 grafts to get something reasonable so you be at least looking at a FUT but I don't think you have enough donor hair to cover the scar afterwards so don't bother!

You could try hopping on the Finasteride and Minoxidil for 6 months to see if it improves the donor area but it would be a lifelong commitment.