considering braces...

Skaff

Established Member
Reaction score
My advice would be to keep wearing that retainer for as long as possible. I didn't (I lost it) and now my teeth have reverted back to their pre-braces position...freakin' annoying! So much wasted time and effort...

That invisalign looks promising though...might look into it. But I don't think medical insurance will cover it since I've already had braces before.

G

Skaff said:
My advice would be to keep wearing that retainer for as long as possible. I didn't (I lost it) and now my teeth have reverted back to their pre-braces position...freakin' annoying! So much wasted time and effort...

That invisalign looks promising though...might look into it.

how long did that take for them to revert skaff? i haven't worn mine in 4 years. is that enough time for them to move a lot?

Skaff

Established Member
Reaction score
Probably about 4 years...having said that, my brother didn't wear his and his teeth still look great 10 years later. I think it depends on how bad your teeth were to start off with...his were a lot better than mine.

G

Skaff said:
Probably about 4 years...having said that, my brother didn't wear his and his teeth still look great 10 years later. I think it depends on how bad your teeth were to start off with...his were a lot better than mine.

damn. i had to wear my braces for 2 years 3 months.. does that mean they were pretty bad before do you think?

Skaff

Established Member
Reaction score
JayMan said:
Skaff said:

damn. i had to wear my braces for 2 years 3 months.. does that mean they were pretty bad before do you think?

I dunno...that does seem like a long time. Maybe your ortho was particularly conservative. But everyone's different, I guess.

G

this may be a stupid question, but when i bite down normally, are the top teeth supposed to be in front of the bottom teeth? i mean i can place the top teeth on top of the bottom teeth, but when i eat and bite down normally, the top row of teeth are maybe half an inch in front of the bottom teeth. is this bad? like does this mean i have a major overbite or is it normal?

thanks skaff

vartex

Reaction score
I think that's normal because you don't want to bite down hard and have those top teeth chip the bottom teeth. But I'm not sure if that's the case then why is having an overbite a problem to begin with?

G

vartex said:
I think that's normal because you don't want to bite down hard and have those top teeth chip the bottom teeth. But I'm not sure if that's the case then why is having an overbite a problem to begin with?
i think it's having a medium or severe one that is the problem. i think everyone has a minor one to a degree

vartex

Reaction score
I went for my consultation today. It turns out my teeth aren't that bad at all to begin with. It's a class 1 malocclusion with a slight overbite (10%) and only 2 teeth are crowding.

I'm still going to consider straightening them though.

Invisalign is costing me 4450 whereas traditional braces (clear or metal) are going to cost me only 2850. That's a huge difference. I only need them for 11 or 12 months so am thinking about getting the clear ones.

:D

btp11

Established Member
Reaction score
vartex said:
I went for my consultation today. It turns out my teeth aren't that bad at all to begin with. It's a class 1 malocclusion with a slight overbite (10%) and only 2 teeth are crowding.

I'm still going to consider straightening them though.

Invisalign is costing me 4450 whereas traditional braces (clear or metal) are going to cost me only 2850. That's a huge difference. I only need them for 11 or 12 months so am thinking about getting the clear ones.

:D

id shop around...my invisalign were the same price as regular braces...

G

checking in here. i gave my story earlier in the threa di think. had braces for 2.5 years in hs, finished in senior year. havent worn retainers much if at all since.

just went to the ortho and he said my teeth have moved back 5% from when i had braces, so not much at all. not noticeable to people but the old retainers dont fit anymore. he had two near clear ones made, without wires, and i started wearing them tonight. they feel pretty nice and now my teeth won't move anymore. they were only $200

i only have to wear them 8 hours a night and i consider that a bargain to having to wear braces again sometmie.

G

Jayman,

Do the new retainers correct the 5% shift you have? Or are they going to just keep your teeth in their current position?

G

badasshairday said:
Jayman,

Do the new retainers correct the 5% shift you have? Or are they going to just keep your teeth in their current position?

just keep in current position but that's fine because 5% isn't noticeable.

AssignmentZero

Established Member
Reaction score
Get braces. I used to have some f'ed up teeth but after 2.5 years of bracers my smile is hardcore. A lot of people actually ask me if my teeth are real lol

holyhair

Established Member
Reaction score
braces is like the hottest thing anyone can have..im not kidding its dead sexy get one in cool different colors.
and smile alot its hot