Considering Adding An Anti-androgen

bluecyclone

My Regimen
Reaction score
1.5 years into some aggressive diffuse thinning. On oral minoxidil and Keto.

For 2018 considering adding an anti-androgen. Worried about sides, considering children soon with gf.

Anyone have experience starting with RU? Or micro-dosing propecia? Or dutasteride?

Thinking of trying 5% RU once per day.

1knox1

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
We have a lot of data on finasteride and its safety profile; not discounting the others. Micro dosing seems a good way forward and will still address the dht issue.

May I ask how oral minoxidil has been for you?

Last edited:

bluecyclone

My Regimen
Reaction score
Thanks. I may go that route and be cautious with the evaluation of the sides. Seems like RU is positioned as very low side risk but can’t get much info. I’m really concerned about the propecia sides.

I have been on the oral since June. I had the shed on the topical so I don’t know how that might have gone down.

Otherwise the ease of use, half pill everyday makes it a viable long term option. The twice a day topical was tough to keep up with... especially for life. No sides whatsoever. No swelling/aging or body growth. Heart and BP both perfect, and it seems risk is low of sides. It is a very low dose and if I’m maintaining/slowing I’m thinking of going with a full pill at the year mark.

I still think I’m losing the density game and the front hairline hasn’t improved. The crown/vertex has thickened considerably in the 6 months on the oral.

itsjustsimon

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I don't know where people get the idea that oral minoxidil or especially RU is somehow safer than Propecia or even Dutasteride. If RU fanboys are somehow trying to justify their decision because finasteride is not working for them as it should, it does not mean it's safer. We don't know sh*t about RU especially in the long run.