Considering A Hair Transplant (temples And Advance Hairline)

Mattttt

My Regimen
Reaction score
I'm 28 years old. I have been using finasteride consistently since I was 21 years old. I am not aware of any side effects. The drug has been effective and seems to have halted hair loss completely.

I'm considering to fill in my temples and possibly advance the hairline a bit. I want a natural look.

I have a few questions and would appreciate any advice:

1) Am I understanding this correctly?
- Fine light hair requires higher density of transplanted grafts in order to look as dense/full/not thinning
- Fine light hair is easier to make look natural because the individual grafts are thinner and do not appear as "pluggy" as darker thicker hairs

2) Am I a good candidate for hair transplant?

3) Which density in the hairline should I aim for with 1 procedure?

4) Would the recommendations be the same for someone with darker thicker hair?

5) Is this basically the maximum reasonable density of a hair transplant that would not result in significant shock loss?

6) If I did 2 procedures, could I essentially double this density or are there certain tradeoffs that I am not aware of?

Cheers

View attachment 117545
View attachment 117547
View attachment 117548

Last edited:

Pequod

Experienced Member
Reaction score
I wouldn't do it if i was you, the donor area will give a consistent follicle and you have thinner hair on the sides. They would have to do only single grafts, and it would not match the density of the hair you already have. They also have to angle the grafts properly to match the current hairline. That takes one of the top surgeons, not the assistants so many use today.

Matt3535

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Here's a tough pill to swallow: Your hair looks fine. Yes, there is recession but overall I think it looks good. You do not have a bad hairline at all, it's just an inch too high. You can live with that and while it may suck, you will save money and time and pain and so much more for the eventual transplant that you will need in a few years regardless. If you are cut, you're cut. There's no way going back. If I was in your shoes, I'd wait. While it sucks to have the big forehead at 28, it will be much worse imho not having enough donor area at 56, when the rest of you hair is gone.

GrowPro

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
You’re hair looks good, even with the slight recession in the temples, I wouldn’t do any hair transplant just yet, because the hairs are miniaturizing in the temples and you don’t want to fill an area now and then there’s more recession in you’re temples going further back leaving a gap between the new transplanted hair and the thinning, better to wait a few years and see if it’s stabilized and not moving back any further then go for the hair transplant, imo.