Confused And Need Urgent Help Re Hair Transplant!

Would you recommend getting a hair transplant for my stage of hair loss?

• Yes, you are a suitable candidate

Votes: 3 27.3%
  • Yes, but there is a risk of not having visible results and damaging existing hair follicles

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No, don't do it - you will damage existing hair follicles

Votes: 8 72.7%
  • Yes / no for different reasons (please explain these in a reply thanks!)

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

RS85

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hi all,

I have been experiencing hair shedding/loss since the age of 21 (I am 32 now) and am considering getting a hair transplant.

I have been on minoxidil and propecia for 10 years which has helped me maintain my hair density quite a bit. However, i have reduced the dose of propecia recently (side effects) and have noticed an increase in shedding as well as slightly visible hair loss (scalp is visible when hair is wet or in bright light). I want to deal with the problem now rather than allow it to get worse.

Having gone through the whatclinic website (very helpful website), I have contacted a number of clinics in Turkey for the hair transplant and have gotten VERY varied advice. Also, I have a suspicion some of the reviews on the website do not seem 100% genuine which adds to my concerns.

So I have received the following advice:

(1) You are not eligible for the hair transplant as doing so will actually damage your existing hair follicles (you have high hair density right now so you should not get it yet);

(2) You are not eligible for the hair transplant due to possible damage to your existing hair follicles and you should wait till you are 34/35 when the hair loss may stop/stabilise (i never knew hair loss could stabililse - i thought it went on for life and if you stopped propecia and/or minoxidil, you hair went too);

(3) You can come for a hair transplant but we would not touch your hairline (which is fine) and you will only need about 400-500 grafts on the top of your head;

(4) You are eligible for hair transplant and will need 1500-2000 grafts for the hair.​

I am concerned because i dont want to make a trip down to Turkey if the hair transplant is not necessary and i dont want to go through the procedure and end up damaging my hair rather than improving it.

SO, HERE IS WHAT I NEED:

There are a lot of very experienced and very helpful folks who read these forums and contribute regularly. If you have had hair transplants before (and especially if you had my level of hair density), could you please share your experiences and tell me whether it went well, whether you would have gone through the transplant if you could relive the experience again or generally give your advice based on my pictures as well as answer the poll!

Most grateful for your help and all the advice and thank you in advance. I need to book the appointment in the next few days (am getting a break from work and need to go down soon to get the transplant if i decide to go ahead) so please help as soon as you can!

Cheers,
RS

Attachments

• Back of head 1.jpeg
    Back of head 1.jpeg
    74.9 KB · Views: 831
  • Back of head 2.jpg
    Back of head 2.jpg
    120.8 KB · Views: 716
  • Front hair line 1.jpg
    Front hair line 1.jpg
    57.6 KB · Views: 780
  • Front hair line 2.jpg
    Front hair line 2.jpg
    74.6 KB · Views: 789
  • Front hair line 3.jpg
    Front hair line 3.jpg
    129.3 KB · Views: 771
  • Front hair line 4.jpeg
    Front hair line 4.jpeg
    83.5 KB · Views: 821
  • Side 1.jpg
    Side 1.jpg
    102.4 KB · Views: 781
  • Top (dry hair) 1.jpg
    Top (dry hair) 1.jpg
    181.2 KB · Views: 799
  • Top (dry hair) 2.jpg
    Top (dry hair) 2.jpg
    147.3 KB · Views: 765
  • Top (dry hair) 3.jpg
    Top (dry hair) 3.jpg
    128.6 KB · Views: 703
  • Top (dry hair) 4.jpg
    Top (dry hair) 4.jpg
    113.4 KB · Views: 689
  • Top (dry hair) 5.jpeg
    Top (dry hair) 5.jpeg
    112.7 KB · Views: 723
  • Top (dry hair) 6.jpeg
    Top (dry hair) 6.jpeg
    94.4 KB · Views: 744
  • Top (wet with minoxidil) 1.jpg
    Top (wet with minoxidil) 1.jpg
    223.6 KB · Views: 734
  • Top (wet with minoxidil) 2.jpg
    Top (wet with minoxidil) 2.jpg
    180.3 KB · Views: 761
  • Top (wet with minoxidil) 3.jpg
    Top (wet with minoxidil) 3.jpg
    214.4 KB · Views: 779
  • Top (wet with minoxidil) 4.jpg
    Top (wet with minoxidil) 4.jpg
    114.9 KB · Views: 768
  • Top (wet with minoxidil) 5.jpg
    Top (wet with minoxidil) 5.jpg
    212.3 KB · Views: 765

SeanFUE

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Dude, you don’t want to be in my shoes. I would not touch that one bit or else you will be chasing fixes more. Right now, just maintain with Doctor approved meds. Dont go to docs that push grafts on you at this point. Trust me on this, it will be the start of a hellish journey. Very worried about my situation right now and I can only inform you from sh*t load of surgical exposure that do not touch it right now. I am so upset right now

sadila

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Get the f out of this forum, you're not one of us.

prisha

My Regimen
Reaction score
These treatments don't work in everyone but may help a proportion keep existing hair. If you wish to use minoxidil in combination with a hair transplant, be sure to speak to your surgeon. So First you go any clinic for consultation...

john12341

My Regimen
Reaction score
Dude, you don’t want to be in my shoes. I would not touch that one bit or else you will be chasing fixes more. Right now, just maintain with Doctor approved meds. Dont go to docs that push grafts on you at this point. Trust me on this, it will be the start of a hellish journey. Very worried about my situation right now and I can only inform you from sh*t load of surgical exposure that do not touch it right now. I am so upset right now

when do you think the right time to get a hair transplant is if ever?