Confused About Why I Got Rejected For A Transplant

Pequod

Experienced Member
Reaction score
You might want to ask a hair transplant surgeon about a prescription for finasteride as it would be cheaper. I wouldn't trust buying it from an online pharma.

buckthorn

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Or see a highly skilled surgeon? 90%? Do you just pull numbers out your *** or where did you get that figure?

Just because you got a sh*t hair transplant cause you saw a sh*t doctor doesn't mean you should go around telling others dont do it. People should look from all angles before they make a decision like this one.

agreed man. but he is NOT on finasteride and is considering a transplant THROUGH DIFFUSED THIN HAIR. You're telling me we shouldn't put the fear of God into him? Show me examples of when a diffused thin patient, NOT on finasteride has had LONG TERM good results with a hair transplant. please.

Big L

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
agreed man. but he is NOT on finasteride and is considering a transplant THROUGH DIFFUSED THIN HAIR. You're telling me we shouldn't put the fear of God into him? Show me examples of when a diffused thin patient, NOT on finasteride has had LONG TERM good results with a hair transplant. please.
No I agree with that. Hasn't whitepolarbear not on finasteride and had a hair transplant and is a diffuse thinner?
For a diffuse thinner i think its a must to go to a top doctor, be on finasteride and hope to god you don't get much shockloss.

Long term probably not but ill be happy to have some hair till im 40

rclark

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
I'm buying some now and I'm gonna get propecia rather than a generic. A lot of people say generics are just as good but I want to be SURE it's working the best it can. I've read things about differences in the binding ingredients and stuff causing different effects in people but who knows.

Some interesting points about hair length.

I think it's a pretty difficult subject. I mean, isn't it generally regarded that people with thinning/balding hair should shave it short and then suddenly it looks like they have much more?

That's clearly not true all of the time though and I think I got caught out by that way of thinking.

It's weird. My reaction to noticing my hair thinning was shaving it shorter and it did make it look much better. However, as time went by, I found myself having to shave it shorter and shorter to get the same effect. Now it's got to the point though that maybe it would be less noticeable longer.

Heck, maybe if it gets worse (touch wood it won't, anytime soon at least) shorter will start to be best option again.

What I was doing though is shaving it without the guard. Over the past 2 years I've gone from a grade 3 to a 2 to a 1 to a 0.5 and then finally, no guard haha.

No guard did for a while look natural (it still looked pretty bad on me though) but even that has now got to the point where it ain't really hiding sh*t and, because it's so short, it looks much worse than it actually is and makes me look like I'm much older!

You're are one hundred percent correct.

Better that you learn from your mistakes now, before it's too late.

Don't make the mistake I did. I didn't start Finasteride until a lot of my hair was gone, and now I can't
bring all of it back. Just the most recent was able to grow back.

rclark

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score

A Hair transplant is NOT a cure. Unfortunately, some people think it is. A transplant won't stop
DHT resistant hair, which will die in the future, from balding. It won't.

A hair transplant will make it LOOK BETTER, that's true. And more area will be covered. But it's not
a cure.

Dan07

My Regimen
Reaction score
Doesn't shock loss often recover anyway?

Man, what I'm finding so confusing is trying to work out when I SHOULD get a transplant.

I mean, when will I know that now's a good time to get it done? Tbh, the way people are going on is like I should never get it done unless I've got virtually nothing left, which is of course a horrible prospect.

For now I'm gonna try waiting, the pills, growing it etc though. I've also got some some nizoral shampoo to use once a week.

For the rest of the week, I've already been using this stuff and the conditioner version. Not sure if there's something better though. https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B00Q59B4UK/ref=ox_sc_act_title_1?smid=A1I1BCXK7YWFI2&psc=1

Dan07

My Regimen
Reaction score
A Hair transplant is NOT a cure. Unfortunately, some people think it is. A transplant won't stop
DHT resistant hair, which will die in the future, from balding. It won't.

A hair transplant will make it LOOK BETTER, that's true. And more area will be covered. But it's not
a cure.

Yeah, I told the doctor I was fully prepared to get multiple transplants done in my life, as well as doing everything else that I'm already doing.

shookwun

Reaction score
Doesn't shock loss often recover anyway?

Man, what I'm finding so confusing is trying to work out when I SHOULD get a transplant.

I mean, when will I know that now's a good time to get it done? Tbh, the way people are going on is like I should never get it done unless I've got virtually nothing left, which is of course a horrible prospect.

For now I'm gonna try waiting, the pills, growing it etc though. I've also got some some nizoral shampoo to use once a week.

For the rest of the week, I've already been using this stuff and the conditioner version. Not sure if there's something better though. https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B00Q59B4UK/ref=ox_sc_act_title_1?smid=A1I1BCXK7YWFI2&psc=1
All those supplements ate a collusal waste of time and money.

Dan07

My Regimen
Reaction score
You talking about that shampoo I linked? I don't expect it to really help with the hair loss but, ignoring that, it looks like a decent quality regular shampoo. I mean, for just regular healthy hair I mean. Not really sure what else to use for that purpose. I get the impression, all of those chemicals in cheaper stuff can actually be bad for healthy hair but idk.

Last edited:

shookwun

Reaction score
Well, I don't expect it to really help with the hair loss but, ignoring that, it looks like a decent quality regular shampoo. I mean, for just regular healthy hair I mean. Not really sure what else to use for that purposes. I get the impression, all of those chemicals in cheaper stuff can actually be bad for healthy hair but idk.

It's entirely your decision.

Your main priority is to hop on finasteride
After that you will thank is down the road when you realise not only has your hair become thicker but it also looks better.

JeanLucBB

My Regimen
Reaction score
After all this time, finasteride is still GOAT option for hairloss sufferers. Either get on it or realise that in a few years you're going to be realising what an idiot you've been for not starting earlier, and subsequently getting on it.

tomcat

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
so in other word we diffuse thinners are fucked right ? no hair transplant for us sh*t...

Dan07

My Regimen
Reaction score
Guys, I'm not sure I can keep my hair like this. It's not going good growing it at all.

The top is getting thicker and bushy but then the front is just so thin and uneven. I really think it's just gonna look worse growing it.

I think maybe I should keep shaving it without the guard again and make sure I do it every day. That looks bad too but, well, it's probably better than this:

MSjkGV5.jpg

I'm also thinking about going to see another doctor and seeing if they have a different opinion. I'm thinking of booking an appointment with Dr Asim Shahmalak. He's one of the best in the UK and I don't want someone who will tell me yes just to take my money! But, at the same time, I really want somebody to be able to actually help you know?

Thanks for the help btw guys. I actually made the same thread over on the "baldtruthtaIk" forum and you guys were much more helpful :cool:

spring15

My Regimen
Reaction score
You started finasteride yet? You could get close to full head if you respond well, big if though.

Dan07

My Regimen
Reaction score
It should arrive in a few days. I got it from an online pharmacy and had to wait for their "online consultation".

Honestly though, I have really low expectations about regrowth. Hoping it could at least "maintain", though, but then there's also the serious side effects to be worried about!

Here's what my hairline looked like early last year btw. Also, that pic focuses on the right side, which has always been naturally a little higher than the left. My hair had actually started to thin a few months before this pic however.

oogYxE0.jpg

(If any doctors are reading this btw and think you could help please message me - especially if your UK-based.)

Last edited:

Dench57

My Regimen
Reaction score
why get a transplant in the UK when world class FUE surgeons are a £50-100 plane ticket away in Belgium. better result for less money

Dan07

My Regimen
Reaction score
I suppose it doesn't have to be the UK but right now I've already been turned down by one doctor. I'm not going to just start booking consultations half way around the world to get turned down again. But, if any doctors want to message me then please do!

I also don't want somebody to just say yes when really they should be saying no...

JeanLucBB

My Regimen
Reaction score
I suppose it doesn't have to be the UK but right now I've already been turned down by one doctor. I'm not going to just start booking consultations half way around the world to get turned down again. But, if any doctors want to message me then please do!

I also don't want somebody to just say yes when really they should be saying no...

You don't have to go to a live consult. Just send photos. Use a thing called the internet.

Also seriously, for the love of God don't even think about going to a UK surgeon.