Confronted about my worst fear, 'what if they find out'

KevinEdEddEddy

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Well today I was in my friend's apartment with other friends and we were recreating one scene from the movie. I was playing a guy who was sitting during that scene, and I knew that my horseshoe pattern will be seen easily because of light. That biggest fear is showing that I am obviously balding and with a buzzcut I will never hide my hairloss, and somehow I felt I am near overcoming my fear about that I am severely balding and anyone finding out. Tbh I think that if I were to use hair systems or transplants, fibers, combovers I would go mad from that fear. Buzzcut seems to make this problem easier to deal with.

spring15

My Regimen
Reaction score
Title: Worst fear, thead: sitting in lounge. That click bait

It is very uncomfortable when your hair is in a compromised position & scalp is exposed. retreat retreat

Last edited:

KevinEdEddEddy

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Title: Worst fear, thead: sitting in lounge. That click bait

It is very uncomfortable when your hair is in a compromised position & scape is exposed. retreat retreat
Dude it was my worst fear that my hairloss will be exposed for everyone to see and gloat about their hairline, 2 months ago I would freak out and demand they delete that parody movie or just storm off to my home. I can even remember getting suicidal thoughts over photos in which my diffuse thinning was visible because I was still bargaining with myself that I will look good with long hair.

fauxhawk

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Atleast you don't sound so suicidal anymore what stage in grief are a you now?
Just buzz cut it, having long hair just draws attention to your horse shoe no matter how you much you try

KevinEdEddEddy

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Atleast you don't sound so suicidal anymore what stage in grief are a you now?
Just buzz cut it, having long hair just draws attention to your horse shoe no matter how you much you try
I have a 5mm buzzcut now, people told me it looks good (genuinely). I am in acceptance, but anytime someone suggests I grow out my hair (because they literally think I don't lose my hair), I revert back to bargaining stage, meaning I have to go through depression again to reach acceptance. The thing I learned from buzzing is that I may pull it off. Wish me luck everyone, because transplants are already out of my reach and I refuse to take finasteride.

disfiguredyoungman

My Regimen
Reaction score
If you are happy with a buzz why not consider SMP?

KevinEdEddEddy

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
If you are happy with a buzz why not consider SMP?
Idk if there is actually sense in getting SMP, as it imitates your hair only visually and many times people tub my head without my permission, especially if I'm drunk. I think later on I will just shave my head, idk if I will sport a beard though

disfiguredyoungman

My Regimen
Reaction score
Idk if there is actually sense in getting SMP, as it imitates your hair only visually and many times people tub my head without my permission, especially if I'm drunk. I think later on I will just shave my head, idk if I will sport a beard though
Bro, as long as you keep it very short and have 5 follicles left on your dome they will never find out. Normal people are not hypersensitive to this topic, your friend is not counting hairs while rubbing your dome.
But if you can cope with just shaving that would be even better.

fauxhawk

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
I have a 5mm buzzcut now, people told me it looks good (genuinely). I am in acceptance, but anytime someone suggests I grow out my hair (because they literally think I don't lose my hair), I revert back to bargaining stage, meaning I have to go through depression again to reach acceptance. The thing I learned from buzzing is that I may pull it off. Wish me luck everyone, because transplants are already out of my reach and I refuse to take finasteride.
Reaching a level of acceptance grants you so much freedom nothing can replace our hair but we can learn to replace our anxieties an depression.
I know exactly how you feel man, a few years ago I wouldn't of even entertained the though of buzzing my hair but I have taken a liking to it now. There is something like a confidence presence that you develop when you have nothing to hide an don't give a sh*t what others will think of you anymore.
Ofcourse we can still be hopeful about hair restoration technologies or do our research, you don't have to remain in the same boat forever on whether you want hair or not it's all up to you

KevinEdEddEddy

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Bro, as long as you keep it very short and have 5 follicles left on your dome they will never find out. Normal people are not hypersensitive to this topic, your friend is not counting hairs while rubbing your dome.
But if you can cope with just shaving that would be even better.
I think just shaving is a viable option for me, I am not going to bullshit anyone I am not bald.
Reaching a level of acceptance grants you so much freedom nothing can replace our hair but we can learn to replace our anxieties an depression.
I know exactly how you feel man, a few years ago I wouldn't of even entertained the though of buzzing my hair but I have taken a liking to it now. There is something like a confidence presence that you develop when you have nothing to hide an don't give a sh*t what others will think of you anymore.
Ofcourse we can still be hopeful about hair restoration technologies or do our research, you don't have to remain in the same boat forever on whether you want hair or not it's all up to you
Yeah my worst fears aboout buzzing hair were that I will look like sh*t or that I will just look odd compared to my friends. Truth be told, of course I look odd, because all of them are NW1 (yet), but I am not looking abnormal and while out in the city, i have noticed many gropus where only one was with a shaved/buzzed head and they weren't looking that odd, mainly distinctive even. I think the worst thing you can do is sport a grownout diffused hair or lose your mind on concealers etc., which is why I refused to use them or finasteride. The thing I seek is making peace with balding and ending this topic in my life, because the psychological effect off balding since 2018 almost ruined my life.

justinbieberscombover

My Regimen
Reaction score
Saw some bald guys when I was out in the weekend

The NW4~ ones looked ok and age appropriate, whatever

However I noticed a difference between those and NW6-7 guys where the recession goes all the way back to the ears

justinbieberscombover

My Regimen
Reaction score
@doubleindemnity

This is a pretty good outcome for a bald guy.. sure looks diffuse and "meh" from upper view.. but it totally transformed his face

23-1.png

24-768x768.png

doubleindemnity

Reaction score
@doubleindemnity

This is a pretty good outcome for a bald guy.. sure looks diffuse and "meh" from upper view.. but it totally transformed his face

View attachment 169882

View attachment 169883

Yes it's an excellent result in my opinion. There is a lot that could be improved from the point of view of a hair transplant surgeon but really it looks good. Note however that this guy has high sides and kind of limited crown loss.

To the guy with the 5mm buzz cut... do you have a hairline or does it look like the photo on the left? For me, the buzz cut looked much worse when the hairline was no longer visible, to the extent that I would have been happy to get a hair transplant just to buzz it down. (I'm not a good candidate for a hair transplant, in the end)/

KevinEdEddEddy

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Yes it's an excellent result in my opinion. There is a lot that could be improved from the point of view of a hair transplant surgeon but really it looks good. Note however that this guy has high sides and kind of limited crown loss.

To the guy with the 5mm buzz cut... do you have a hairline or does it look like the photo on the left? For me, the buzz cut looked much worse when the hairline was no longer visible, to the extent that I would have been happy to get a hair transplant just to buzz it down. (I'm not a good candidate for a hair transplant, in the end)/
I have a hairline yet, in any case it gets even worse I just shave it off. To be fair, I wait for it to happen so I am free from balding and embrace being totally bald

doubleindemnity

Reaction score
Yeah sometimes it sucks balls, especially when you need to realise you will never have normal hair again, but later you will be used to being bald.. do not worry
I have been bald for years and I'm used to it but I keep thinking of the life that I could have had and the person that I could have been if my hair loss had been delayed even 5 years.

KevinEdEddEddy

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I have been bald for years and I'm used to it but I keep thinking of the life that I could have had and the person that I could have been if my hair loss had been delayed even 5 years.
Yeah feel for you, but for me hairloss was quite a lesson where I have learned being vain and full of myself is a bad idea

doubleindemnity

Reaction score
Yeah feel for you, but for me hairloss was quite a lesson where I have learned being vain and full of myself is a bad idea
I thought that i had learned that but what about basic things that guys with a family can do such as marrying young and having a family? Being bald made me very unattractive and I am still not over it.

KevinEdEddEddy

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I thought that i had learned that but what about basic things that guys with a family can do such as marrying young and having a family? Being bald made me very unattractive and I am still not over it.
Yeah my looks really declined now when I see it, it is brutal to be honest, especially because I WAS MY HAIR, it was my best feature. I lost it rapidly and early, now sporting NW5 buzzcut. I may have even worse situation than you, because I have legit Aspergers and I am scarred by my being in psych ward (my friends killed themselves or died of their illnesses). I might even live out of sheer spite. I still have hope for starting a family, because you can be you with or without hair. Of course you will change somehow, but your life is absolutely not over yet