Confidence And Charisma More Important Than Hair?

SBAmerican

Established Member
Reaction score
A lot of the topics on here are 100% correct on the social implications of balding especially when it comes to dating and how society sees hair loss. However, I think you guys highly underestimate the power of confidence and charisma. It definitely can make a massive difference in the way people treat you and how the opposite sex interacts with you. Thoughts?

buckthorn

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
HA... HAHAHAHAHA!!!! @SBAmerican... i will find you and burn your f*****g house down.

SBAmerican

Established Member
Reaction score
Looks = confidence = charisma = personality.

A few years ago, Okcupid let its users rate looks and personality separately:

looks-v-personality.png

The higher the looks score, the higher the personality score.

That should be common sense but somehow, it isn't.

You're welcome.

/thread
Definitely an interesting study. I think when you look good, people perceive you as being more confident. However, I know a lot of guys who are considered good looking that have hadn't had a date in years so it's never 100%.

buckthorn

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score

Dench57

My Regimen
Reaction score
sv0Jv5r.gif

SBAmerican

Established Member
Reaction score
If they don't ask any girl out, it's expected.

Do you know if they've actually been massively rejected?

Probably not. So it is 100%. The rest (like being funny) is just 'nice' to have, but it's not required.

Looks trump everything else in the dating game.
Hmm I wouldn't say massively rejected, but it happens from time to time. Looks definitely are number one in dating and pretty much everything outside of the engineering field in terms of jobs, no arguing with that at all. In my experience, it helped me when I was balding significantly. It was the difference between a terrible dating life and a decent one. With no confidence, you won't get anywhere outside of online dating. But confidence is definitely a huge factor in bars and clubs at least here in the United States.

shookwun

Reaction score
looks will largely dictate this.

When I feel aesthetic, and good about my self I am very charismatic, open and have the gift of gab.

When I feel like sh*t about myself, I am a shell of my former self, and sink.

it's all bullshit anyway. The more physically attractive you are, the more engaged, receptive and interested a women is about your life, and experience. I suppose thats where the whole 'i like his personality' stems from. IN other words, be attractive, and women will be more interested, and in tune with what you have to say. But the battle was already lost the moment you kept talking, and trying to keep the conversation alive.. When a chick is into you, she will go on, and on about different topics.

The old father tale is nothing far from the truth. 'let her do the talking'

Red pill: be good looking > Interesting discussion = Good personality, confident.

resu

Reaction score
You can fool some people for some time and that's what confidence will get you at best, if you don't have what is necessary to back your confidence up then sooner or later people will judge you for who you really are.

shookwun

Reaction score
You can fool some people for some time and that's what confidence will get you at best, if you don't have what is necessary to back your confidence up then sooner or later people will judge you for who you really are.

I remember, this one girl always telling me how I am so confident and on the ball. HER:"you must love your life'

We were close, and I was deeply into her as a teenager.

I remember trying to make a move on her one day. Despite being a orbiter for many following years.

'Your not my type'

/Confidence

resu

Reaction score
I remember, this one girl always telling me how I am so confident and on the ball. HER:"you must love your life'

We were close, and I was deeply into her as a teenager.

I remember trying to make a move on her one day. Despite being a orbiter for many following years.

'Your not my type'

/Confidence

In my school days it was the same, really frustrating specially when I would find months later they were now dating the scum of the school.

Last edited:

hellouser

My Regimen
Reaction score
Looks = confidence = charisma = personality.

A few years ago, Okcupid let its users rate looks and personality separately:

looks-v-personality.png

The higher the looks score, the higher the personality score.

That should be common sense but somehow, it isn't.

You're welcome.

/thread

Went out for lunch today with a couple friends.... had to listen to them tell me looks dont matter much.

Both are really good looking people themselves, LOL.

buckthorn

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
I have spent my life as a student, bartender, teacher, landlord, real estate agent, etc... all dealing extensively with people. I have dated more women than I can remember. My perspective - the MAJORITY of them want it all. That's just a fact. It's how they were raised. It's in their genetics and it's taught to them by the media.

He has to have a good job and make good money
He has to be confident and be a leader
He has to be taller than me
He has to have a good head of hair
He has to.... blah blah blah...

I was, at one point what many woman considered a "9-10"... at least that's what they would say. You want to know what?

THEY WANTED MORE. They always found flaws. They broke me down. consciously or subconcsiously, they found a way to do it.

Any of you that think you will in all aspects please a woman... you are fooling yourselves. They will ALWAYS find a problem, use things against you, complain, and expect more, moRE MORE!!!!!!

hellouser

My Regimen
Reaction score
I have spent my life as a student, bartender, teacher, landlord, real estate agent, etc... all dealing extensively with people. I have dated more women than I can remember. My perspective - the MAJORITY of them want it all. That's just a fact. It's how they were raised. It's in their genetics and it's taught to them by the media.

He has to have a good job and make good money
He has to be confident and be a leader
He has to be taller than me
He has to have a good head of hair
He has to.... blah blah blah...

I was, at one point what many woman considered a "9-10"... at least that's what they would say. You want to know what?

THEY WANTED MORE. They always found flaws. They broke me down. consciously or subconcsiously, they found a way to do it.

Any of you that think you will in all aspects please a woman... you are fooling yourselves. They will ALWAYS find a problem, use things against you, complain, and expect more, moRE MORE!!!!!!

WHY is it that attractive people deny this? Even if you tell them STRAIGHT UP that theyre in denial and dont wanna look shallow, they STILL deny it and make YOU look like some freak? WTF?

buckthorn

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
WHY is it that attractive people deny this? Even if you tell them STRAIGHT UP that theyre in denial and dont wanna look shallow, they STILL deny it and make YOU look like some freak? WTF?

Well, I have been in deep discussion with a couple of my "attractive" friends, who are now married to hot women, and guess what? miserable and on verge of divorce.

Literally, two of them call me often. BOTH are actually legitimately suicidal. You wouldn't believe it because DAMN... Their wives are f*****g HOT.

You give a dog three pounds of steak, he will eat until he gets sick and throws up.

People that are genetically blessed are jaded. They don't see things for how they really are.

hellouser

My Regimen
Reaction score
Well, I have been in deep discussion with a couple of my "attractive" friends, who are now married to hot women, and guess what? miserable and on verge of divorce.

Literally, two of them call me often. BOTH are actually legitimately suicidal. You wouldn't believe it because DAMN... Their wives are f*****g HOT.

You give a dog three pounds of steak, he will eat until he gets sick and throws up.

People that are genetically blessed are jaded. They don't see things for how they really are.

The two good looking friends of mine just see everything POSITIVELY... theyre so naive, like they have total faith in humanity but denounce any criticism of anything; 'No, people arent like that!'

f*****g hell....

buckthorn

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
The two good looking friends of mine just see everything POSITIVELY... theyre so naive, like they have total faith in humanity but denounce any criticism of anything; 'No, people arent like that!'

f*****g hell....

they are delusional. It's easy to live life deluded and, to be honest, I envy people like that.

The fact is, go out and try to find a woman in a relationship that is legitamately happy. You can't. It's impossible. They will ALWAYS find something wrong about their partner.

That's fine. it's evolutionary. For females to be unreasonably picky is expected. I take no part in it.

I have gone over a year without sex and companionship and I was fine. I don't need it. I don't want it. I am not a f*****g weakling who will submit to this bullshit society pushes on me. I would rather just f*** prostitutes.

hellouser

My Regimen
Reaction score
they are delusional. It's easy to live life deluded and, to be honest, I envy people like that.

The fact is, go out and try to find a woman in a relationship that is legitamately happy. You can't. It's impossible. They will ALWAYS find something wrong about their partner.

That's fine. it's evolutionary. For females to be unreasonably picky is expected. I take no part in it.

I have gone over a year without sex and companionship and I was fine. I don't need it. I don't want it. I am not a f*****g weakling who will submit to this bullshit society pushes on me. I would rather just f*** prostitutes.

It's so funny, I gave my friends girlfriend a light grilling on the subject. We got on the subject by talking about halloween costumes and I said I wanted to shave my head and go as Heisenberg. Then they said I should do it, and asked if I want to. I said shaving my head is on my bucket list (it is). After that we got onto the topic of my buddy and his hair and I said it's too long and it's time to cut it (its like 2 feet long and he's got the stupid man bun thing). Anyway, they then said I should shave it and I might look good bald, to which I said hell no, no way, baldness does not look good... they objected, LOL. His girlfriend said her dad is bald and has been since he was 19. I said 'Bald at 19?! God damn, what a sexual death sentence.' They objected again, LOL, saying its not a sexual death sentence. I said 'Ok, so... why isn't baldness in a womans prince charming list?' They didnt understand. So I said 'You know...a woman's prince charming list, things she likes in a guy; chiseled jaw, broad shoulders, ripped 6-pack abs..... and... BALDNESS?' They again objected, saying its not about looks and she said its not a big deal that baldness in a guy wouldnt bother her. So I asked 'Oh yeah? How many bald men have you dated?'

ZERO.

They still had problems with this and said... get this.... *I* was the one fixated on looks... LMFAO!!!! Jesus christ... what I would give to be so f*****g ignorant on the matter and never have to worry about this kind of sh*t simply because I won the genetic lottery... these people have it REALLY good.

Last edited: