"confidence" advise

HairPieceMan

Reaction score
don't you just hate it when people give advise to balding men such as "have confidence" and such.

it basically implies there is SOMETHING wrong with you thus you HAVE to be sure of yourself to make up for your lack of crown.

basically if someone says confidence is what you need they are socially admmitting there is somethign wrong with baldness, if their wasn't then why woudl you need to be sure of yourself to overcome your "deformity"

also i hate other advise such as

"there is no problem unless you perceive it to be a problem" - jedi advise

"it's how you feel inside that counts" - disney land advise

serisuly this is the stuff they tell morbidly obese women, its pretty bad.

Nashville Hairline

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Confidence is preference for the habitual voyeur of what is known as ....HAIRLOSS

Reaction score
Nashville Hairline said:
Confidence is preference for the habitual voyeur of what is known as ....HAIRLOSS

:mrgreen: :mrgreen:

All the Norwoods
So many Norwoods
They all go hand in hand
Hand in hand through their Norwood-life
Know what I mean?

Pyro

Established Member
Reaction score
Good point hairpeiceman. though truthfully if your like me, balding since 19 and still in early 20's having to shave your head, confidence goes a long way. I say this as there's 2 types of Androgenetic Alopecia in my opinion anyway. Androgenetic Alopecia, and premature Androgenetic Alopecia. Premature would be, in my opinion, balding between 16-25. For premature baldness, i think confidence really helps.

uncomfortable man

Reaction score
Anyone who wants to know what I think of confidence as it pertains to baldness should read my quote below....

Swopo

Reaction score
People say you have to be confident, because confidence falls parallel to your hairloss.. you became frustrated - the opposite of confident.
Women are not that obsessed with your hair. It is really more about the approach and confidence, and being internally strong man.

Lets face it, confidence will never frame your face properly....a girl can't run her fingers through your confidence.

a girl can run her fingers through your nw3 just fine

HairPieceMan

Reaction score
yeah but girls will stare at your hairline all the time if its NW3

and you have that BALDING/WILL BE BALD IN 5 YEARS sign on your shirt.

might as well be fully bald, drench yourself in tan and get earings, power suits, it's who you will be in 5 years unless your transplanting/wigging etc.

HairPieceMan

Reaction score
what is Androgenetic Alopecia?

well i have hairloss 19-24

at 24 i was NW5, began at 19.

LooseItAll

Established Member
Reaction score
HairPieceMan said:
yeah but girls will stare at your hairline all the time if its NW3

and you have that BALDING/WILL BE BALD IN 5 YEARS sign on your shirt.

might as well be fully bald, drench yourself in tan and get earings, power suits, it's who you will be in 5 years unless your transplanting/wigging etc.

lol

Yes they will. Imagine her giving head and thinking "omg I am giving head to a NW3, he will be bald in 5 years, what have I done, I lowered my standards"

As for confidence. It is a must have for every male including handsome NW1s. You consider everything as compensating for baldness.

uncomfortable man

Reaction score
Swopo said:
People say you have to be confident, because confidence falls parallel to your hairloss.. you became frustrated - the opposite of confident.
Women are not that obsessed with your hair. It is really more about the approach and confidence, and being internally strong man.
Insecurity runs parallel to hairloss. Confidence runs perpendicular. Learn your basic geometry.

Lets face it, confidence will never frame your face properly....a girl can't run her fingers through your confidence.

Who's NW3? Not mine. :shakehead:

virtuality

Established Member
Reaction score
OK, life ain't fair. It's full of nasty surprises, I'm not talking just about hairloss. So what do you do about it?

Whatever setbacks life throws you, you have to get back up again and move on with your life.

If you don't have confidence, you'll suffer for a very long time.

Swopo

Reaction score
uncomfortable man said:
Swopo said:
Insecurity runs parallel to hairloss. Confidence runs perpendicular. Learn your basic geometry.

Blah, blah, you know what I meant
Who's confidence?

Who's NW3? Not mine. :shakehead:

fodandahalf

Established Member
Reaction score
Thing is, there's no use in getting riled up when you believe people don't understand. Sure it's not killer advice and probably means nothing but people do that and they're intentions are definitely not hurtful or negative. If you let baldness actually affect you so much to the point where you're feeling down all the time, angry at everybody who isn't bald and wallowing in self pity, nobody will sympathise because there are no direct health problems that come with hair loss and it will have a much bigger detrimental effect on your life if you let it. It's quite easy to do something about to be fair, I think diabetics are worse off. They do have health problems and still nobody cares.

virtuality

Established Member
Reaction score
Exodus2011 said:
virtuality said:
OK, life ain't fair. It's full of nasty surprises, I'm not talking just about hairloss. So what do you do about it?

Whatever setbacks life throws you, you have to get back up again and move on with your life.

If you don't have confidence, you'll suffer for a very long time.
yeah but f*ck that. Hair loss is unique in that you cant make something cool out of it.

Batman, spiderman, so many comic book heroes who had their parents killed or were abused.

They are able to make something dramatic and cool out of it, and even if they didn't they would get major sympathy points.

Two things THAT WON'T be happening with hair loss. :shakehead:

Dude, that's not a good analogy.

I'd rather have a healthy family and lose my hair.

Those poor guys who suffer in their childhood probably have scars that run much deeper than our mental scars.

Again, I'd rather lose my hair than have some invisible illness.

uncomfortable man

Reaction score
stableforehead said:
Thing is, there's no use in getting riled up when you believe people don't understand. Sure it's not killer advice and probably means nothing but people do that and they're intentions are definitely not hurtful or negative. If you let baldness actually affect you so much to the point where you're feeling down all the time, angry at everybody who isn't bald and wallowing in self pity, nobody will sympathise because there are no direct health problems that come with hair loss and it will have a much bigger detrimental effect on your life if you let it. It's quite easy to do something about to be fair, I think diabetics are worse off. They do have health problems and still nobody cares.

While nobody cares about diabetes there is no social stigma attached to it like there is for baldness. People are superficial... they care about what they can SEE. A girl probably wont reject a guy because he's diabetic but many women (dare I say a majority) will not even consider a guy if he is bald.

fodandahalf

Established Member
Reaction score
uncomfortable man said:
stableforehead said:

While nobody cares about diabetes there is no social stigma attached to it like there is for baldness. People are superficial... they care about what they can SEE. A girl probably wont reject a guy because he's diabetic but many women (dare I say a majority) will not even consider a guy if he is bald.

Do you have something to back this up? Obviously it is often detrimental to your appearance but if it was truly an ugly look then there would be much less men who shave their heads. What I was trying to say anyway was that if you've lost your hair then you can either do something about it- transplant, SMP, medication if it's not too late etc, OR you can just get over it. I know it's the most annoying piece of advice out there, but complaining about it all the time and just thinking negatively about the rest of your life is so pointless. Sure you can be the butt of a few jokes and not every women is going to fall at your feet but the guys with the crooked nose, the lazy eye etc they're in the same boat and the only reason they get over it is that they've had their problems since birth. As for the diabetes thing- hair doesn't actually do anything productive. A working pancreas does. And baldies have options. Diabetics don't.

uncomfortable man

Reaction score
Diabetes can become a serious thing if the proper precautions aren't followed, which happen to be an inconvenience and I'm not trying to belittle their condition but what sucks so much about baldness is that you have to wear it on your sleeve, out there for everyone to see and respond and read into. You can't tell someone has diabetes by looking at them. If a side of diabetes was skin turning purple then I would akin it to hair loss (worse). But if all I had to do was avoid certain foods and take three insulin shots a day or however many in order to have a full head of hair then I would be there in a fuckin heartbeat.

cuebald

Reaction score
lol apparently so does everyone who takes finasteride

LooseItAll

Established Member
Reaction score
uncomfortable man said:
But if all I had to do was avoid certain foods and take three insulin shots a day or however many in order to have a full head of hair then I would be there in a fuckin heartbeat.

Maybe, but they are doing it in order to live not to have hair or any other aestethic improvement. How can you even compare an illness to a minor cosmetic flaw?