Condition of your teeth? (please respond)

Boondock

Reaction score
Re: Anyone have bad or not so great teeth? (please respond)

My teeth sort of suck. They're next in line to get fixed after my hair.

Fender89

Established Member
Reaction score

No correlation at all man. I have good teeth. I drank alot of milk growing up so i donno if that geared towards me having good teeth. But they are big and strong, i mean, almost perfect i guess. I wouldn't change them. Yet i am Norwood 2 with thinning on top and front. :( ah well. Atleast i have a good jawline lol.

TheGrayMan2001

Reaction score

My dad's teeth were pretty bad, he is thin on top all over pretty bad (He manages to look pretty good with it though, honestly. Used to have amazing hair til he got about 25)

His brother has the exact same teeth but has kept all his hair.

TheGrayMan2001

Reaction score
Also I have the hardest teeth ever according to the dentist. No problems with their actual condition. Never had a cavity either.

HughJass

Reaction score
They aren't that crooked, but crooked enough to make me regret not getting braces when I was younger.

They are stained as well, not badly though. Used to drink a lot of fruit juice and coke. Big mistake.

Overall, I'm not happy with them.

somone uk

Experienced Member
Reaction score
my teeth suck, they seem uncontrolably yellow :thumbdown2: but that's nothing when you have a receding hairline

Hammy070

Established Member
Reaction score
My teeth are of such dreadfully abysmal condition that any hope at this point for a handsomely carved inner jaw is futile.

When I was a young child since around 4-5 I remember never brushing, constantly ignoring everyone who told me to.

By ten years old I had around 12 fillings.

I grew wisdom teeth at 15-17, all virtually 95% full teeth.

I still do not brush regularly and it sounds horrid saying that. I brush about 2 times a week.

I noticed peculiarly that whenever I go for a decent time without brushing, my plaque buildup greatly lessens, and my teeth are less sensitive.

I know it sounds yucky, even to me, that I seldom brush them.

My teeth are not in a good state. But they aren't that bad. They're basically white, I need my wisdom teeth taken out because they formed all weird, with a mince shaped ditch in the crown of each one. Which isn't convenient when eating mince.

But I'm also apprehensive fixing/removing them as my toothpick sessions after every meal are almost pleasurable, and I'd hate having that joyous post-meal ritual discarded. :thumbdown2:

I also floss everyday...perhaps 3-4 times a day.

Maybe that's why they're not as bad as they could be.

I am meticulous in flossing and toothpicking, but almost entirely negligent on brushing. It may be because I find mint in toothpastes quite a burn, so despite the availability of mild and flavourless toothpastes, I still feel negative.

I read a short while back scientists having success in growing whole new, fully functional teeth in a lab. I'm kind of banking on this, so in the future I can replace my teeth with.........my teeth! :woot:

Also I'm British, we have a stereotype of bad teeth. But I'm also Scottish we have a stereotype of ghastly teeth. Finally, I'm Glaswegian - we have a stereotype of no teeth at all by 50. :hump:

HughJass

Reaction score
I haven't used toothpaste for over a year (there's a good reason behind it)

The studies I read which demonstrated toothpaste to be unnecessary proved to be correct- I've been to the dentist a few times in the last year and have no cavities.

You can save yourself the princely five dollar per month cost. Buy your girl something pretty.

cuebald

Reaction score
My teeth are fine in form (i.e. not crooked or anything), but they are a bit yellow. Britain ftw.

GeminiX

Reaction score
Not great; a set of new front crowns are on the shopping list...

patagonia

Established Member
Reaction score
aussieavodart said:

The studies I read which demonstrated toothpaste to be unnecessary proved to be correct- I've been to the dentist a few times in the last year and have no cavities.

You can save yourself the princely five dollar per month cost. Buy your girl something pretty.

I brush my teeth with toothpaste to remove the smell of food. I like the minty fresh breath it leaves.

Started using a whitening toothpaste a few months back and noticed my teeth had gotten considerably whiter.

What do you guys use instead of toothpaste?

HughJass

Reaction score
Just drink water I guess. Rinsing out with baking soda maybe? Chewing gum sweetend with stevia

I remember reading in Men's Health magazine a while back that it wasn't a good idea to use those whitening toothpastes as they contain a mild abrasive,often baking soda, which can do a bit of damage to your tooth enamel. Worth asking the dentist about maybe.

Todd

Established Member
Reaction score
I almost feel bad saying this in this thread; but I have so perfect teeth, my new dentist didn´t believe me when I told him I never have had work done. This is genetic, though, dad has this unbelievable wolfish grin, and my grand mother also has this picture- perfect smile. I drink alot of coffee, but they still stay white.
That being said: I´, a firm believer that flossing is much more important than brushing.

I´m worse off with the hair- genes though :whistle:

toocoolforhair

Established Member
Reaction score
I had quite yellow teeth until I started brushing with baking soda every few days. That stuff really works. Two weeks after I started using it a girl remarked on my "pearly whites", the first time that had ever happened.

The state of my teeth now is that they look fine, but there are a few at the back on the bottom row that are not in line. Luckily for me the ones at the front are what most people see.

FSHGLD

Established Member
Reaction score
I'm 23 and I'd hazard a guess that I've had about 30 fillings done, maybe more. I got 12 done over a 1 or 2 month period when I was 16 and already had quite a few at that stage. I know I need to get some more done too, but I've been putting off going to the dentist.
I brush once a day, and never floss, but I think their terrible condition comes down to genes.

CCS

Reaction score
Mine are in almost perfect condition. My bottom ones are a little crooked. I have a few tiny fillings in back. And some enamel erroded off one of my canines. I get compliments from the dentist every time I go. I stopped going because I don't think I need a dentist, since I don't drink soda.

I also have very good genetics. I can go weeks without brushing and be fine. Part of it is the food I eat too. Lately I've been brushing daily though. I only floss before dates, which is rare.

CCS

Reaction score
aussieavodart said:

Flouride is bad. All you have to do is disturb the bacteria colonies by brushing them off. It works in between your teeth with floss, right?

Rinsing with salt water now and then is good though.

Only time to use tooth paste is right before kissing a woman, though you can get breath mints for that. It is the mint smell you want, not the flouride.