Concerned About Potential Hair Loss And Would Like Another Opinion

Randomguy02

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Hello, i am 25 years old (26 in a month) and recently I have been incredibly stressed and paranoid about hair loss. About four months ago I noticed what looked like defuse thinning at my temples and what I thought was a bald spot on my crown (though I've been told this is just a whorl). I started on biotin supplements and anti DHT shampoo while I monitor things, but I am afraid I should be doing more. I have always had really thick hair and I am just so terrified of losing it.

The thing is that in the past few months I have seen two dermatologists to get my hair evaluated. The first looked for about five seconds before telling me it was nothing. The second one did a scalp biopsy which the results said I had telogen effluvium. Still, I can't stop worrying that they may have missed something and I may be going bald still.

I have attached photos of my crown and can add some of my temples later. These from decently recently. Am i just being paranoid and should just relax? Or is there something to my fears

20190424_105031.jpg

20190402_082231.jpg

20190424_102906.jpg

20190423_184449.jpg

Last edited:

Randomguy02

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I apologize if this is the wrong section for this thread. If it is I can move it to the appropriate section.

SmoothSailing

My Regimen
Reaction score
Looks completely normal to me.

May as well use nizoral, it will improve your scalp health regardless.

But no, I see no signs of balding. Then again I haven't seen your temples.

Randomguy02

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Here are pictures of my hairline.

20190424_121139.jpg
20190424_121112.jpg
20190424_121055.jpg
20190424_121012.jpg

Attachments

• 20190424_121055.jpg
    20190424_121055.jpg
    110.8 KB · Views: 154

Randomguy02

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I guess my fear right now is that while it looks fine at this point, that what I've noticed may be the very early signs of hair loss and I'd hate to sit here and do nothing until its too late.

The logical side of me says I should just listen to the dermatologists and the biopsy results, but yet I can't stop worrying about it. I haven't noticed any real change since I first monitoring it four months ago (with no real change to the temples or crown, so if they have gotten worse its so minimal that side by side picture can't show a noticeable difference).

At this point the constant stress is probably not doing me any favors. Should I just let it be for awhile, or should I be concerned at all at this point?

Last edited:

Randomguy02

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I know I probably have nothing to worry about, especially since the scalp biopsy I had done 2 months ago should have found any minification, correct?

That said, I am just worried that the hair looks a bit defuse around the whorl. In particular it looks bad when I brush the hair against the direction of the whorl, like this for example.
20190426_183402.jpg

Is this normal? Especially since I have always had really thick hair. I am just afraid what I am seeing is the early signs and that I am not doing enough.

Randomguy02

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Should I take the lack of responses as it looking perfectly fine and that I am worrying over nothing?

That said I am going to add nizoral 1-2 times a week for good measure as recommended and keep monitoring things every 3-6 months.

Credo

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Should I take the lack of responses as it looking perfectly fine and that I am worrying over nothing?
Yes. You have no visible signs of hair loss, that thing on your crown is almost certainly a whorl and your hairline is perfect. For now you have nothing to worry about.

Randomguy02

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I apologize for continously adding to this thread when there is likely no issue with my hair, but these two picures I took from a different angle had me worried

20190508_110309.jpg
20190508_111534.jpg

Do these look normal. I am worried that it looks like there are so few hairs around the whorl and the part. Or is that normal/just a trick of the bright light/shitty phone camera/zooming in that's making it look worse than it is?

I really should stop checking it as frequently as I am and just wait another couple months. But my anxiety over this is getting the better of me

Last edited: